TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I just pooped a rock!

This is awesome news. Can I just say that I think Superman looks awesome with those colors. Also, I think the new cars look amazing. I just hope that they actually go as high as the video showed. Also, did I see Superman missing? it looked as if they put up huge S sheilds in place of the "MAN O' STEEL"

Ooooooo! I've always wanted to climb the Superman tower. I wonder if MM is hiring painters? How much do high rise painters make per hour? Is any one in HR listening at MM? You all know how to reach me. I could do a weekly video blog with one of those body cams from high atop the trusses looking down. Hmmmmmmm!? Can anybody say awesome PR stunt? On the last day of painting, I could base jump in Superman costume from the top to signify the ride re opening. I'm all in!

My experiences with the ZacSpins: I only had one ride on Insane at Gronalund (same layout shown for Green Lantern) due to a long-ish line, but I wasn't too impressed. I just felt like I was getting tossed around, and didn't enjoy the crouch smashing.

I too have ridden Insane and was not impressed. Crotch smashing, long line with minimal thrills. Even though I didn't like it, I suppose I could see how others will, but it just wasn't my thing. With this ride the biggest thing I'm worried about is capacity--if you thought Deja Vu was bad just wait till you see the lines on this ride. 800 riders per hour MAX!

Just wish they would stop advertising STE as the first coaster to 100mph...Tower of Terror beat it by almost two months....

They haven't given it up in 14 years, what makes you think they'd do it now?

Anyone notice the sweet paint job on the side of the Superman cars? I LOVE IT!

NICE! Love that paint job! ^^

I always wanted to ride that type of ride! I saw it in one of the videos last year and have been wondering about it since! My pending Cali trip for 2012 was already including SFMM! YAY! What a big year 2011 is turning out to be!!! It just keeps getting better and better!

I loved both of the Zac-Spins I have ridden, both with and without balanced weights. That being said, this has the potential to be a capacity nightmare.

I think the crotch smashing comments are an overexaggeration, an extension of the fact that many guys overexaggerate what they have that could be smashed.

I was shocked that I liked the two Scandanavian Zac Spins in 2009 (especially Insane), because I'm not a fan of spinning rides. They're definitely a cut above the Tony Hawk-themed spinners. But, yeah, I see where capacity could be a problem; still, I'm glad these rides are finally making it to the U.S.

The ZacSpin makes sense at a park like Grona and in "2nd tier" Flags parks like St Louis and America. From a capacity standpoint, they are essentially adding three new coaster experiences with a combined hourly capacity that a three train coaster like Viper or Goliath will run circles around on their own.

Not to say Superman will see waits like it did in 1997 (when the queue snaked all the way down the hill to near Jet Stream), but that ZacSpin may see wait times that can only be described as Yikes.

^^^ LOL Kinda like how everyone complains about the stand up drop towers. It's all about positioning! Ok...enough of that.

I hope Robb is right and that the park continues to improve/ maintain infrastructure. I can't wait to go one day because it does look like a beautiful park. They should be on the same track since one is a refurb, another already purchased in last year's budget and this one maybe having already been planned from some time ago for 2011.

The Zac-Spin. Can't believe one will be on this continent! It was like a cross between a drop tower and a coaster and one of the most intense experiences ever. Capacity should be no more of an issue than a mouse. I think they load four sets of cars at a time from what I remember on Insane and Kirnu? Could this mean a mega-lite somewhere in the near future?

Wow, like everyone else, while I saw the Superman transformation and Kids Coaster coming, the zac-spin, like with everyone else, was a huge surprise. Hopefully like Robb said the park continues to work on infrastructure, and while I'd like to see more flats, they just don't work at Magic Mountain. It is nice to Six Flags expand their new coaster offerings to something other than a Big Spin or Bizarro's. Six Flags seems to be building a lot of thrill rides this year(well more than since 06), and I hope they continue to put an emphasis on families and not let the parks become what they were pre-Shapiro. I know Robb has said that family rides don't work at Magic Mountain, but Six Flags has made some major improvements as a company where it would be a shame to see it go back to how it used to be.

On the other hand, I'd love to see a zac-spin at Great America even if it would be a capacity nightmare.

Wow! I got on here expecting nothing but than I saw SFMM is getting 3 new coasters and had a small heart attack. Than I saw the video and died and had to be brought back to life. I already plan on going to Texas for Texas Giant, but if I have to, I might go to SFMM instead. 2011 went from being a boring year of new attractions (Planet Snoopys & Windseekers) to being a year of amazing coasters. I can't wait!

I have been waiting forever for this, and it DOES NOT disappoint. Glad the y went all out with Superman: Escape from Krypton, and the ZacSpin looks pretty sweet. I'm very excited to ride one of those.

The park also released a new expansion video. Very impressive.! Cannot wait to go back this summer. Looks like Cedar Point has some work to do next year!

2011/2012 is THE YEAR for Southern California--now its almost time for Knott's to make their 2012 announcement.

A couple of thoughts:

- I agree with Robb, that this is a return of the "Xtreme" park ... and like him, hope that it's not a return to Xtreme crappiness.

- I'm hoping that backwards Superman really goes that high, and it wasn't just the video ... but I don't have a lot of hope

- Stoked to finally ride my first ZacSpin

- I don't think Kiddie Coaster is the actual name for the ride? Maybe they just don't have a name for it yet? Hopefully?

- And what is Wile E Coyote built in 1999? (See below)

315852337_WileE.jpg.4d679ba06e9155179361f4c843b415b5.jpg

What ride is this?