TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I really love these colors. I'm glad they didn't go with the standard red or orange. It's gonna really pop if they paint the coaster back to it's nice bright white.

I think they probably will, as they have been observed painting the new wood bright white. I don't think they'd be so tacky as to put bright new wood in and not give the old wood a coat.

I really love these colors. I'm glad they didn't go with the standard red or orange.

Me too. I'm just glad to know they won't be stuck with the red/orange forever. Hopefully colossus won't be an exception.

I really love these colors. I'm glad they didn't go with the standard red or orange.

Me too. I'm just glad to know they won't be stuck with the red/orange forever. Hopefully colossus won't be an exception.

Twisted Colossus! First hybrid coaster to have blue and green tracks

Six Flags might be running out of "World's First" ideas

They're keeping away from that "worlds first" in the preview video, that's for sure. "The worlds longest hybrid coaster" and "First ever hybrid high five" are highlighted, but it wouldn't surprise me if they went back to the worlds first verbiage as the opening date gets closer.

When I saw the change in colours for the tracks, I knew that was A First for the park and the company.

And I like the colour combination! Can't wait to see it all come together in real life.

^Actually, YOLOcoaster was marketed with airtime. They were selling the fact that you get airtime on the last hill. Although their actual advertising campaign should have been: "There is no actual airtime over the top of this hill. And don't get excited for the drop, either; it has brakes on it."

I will say, though, that TC may be the best thing to happen to this park in decades. Even if the dueling does not work, this will easily be the best coaster in the park. When this opens, I am only going to ride this all day no matter how long the line is, and I will not be riding anything else.

Fright Fest last night was AWESOME! Let alone the X2 takeover with me and my 5 friends for half an hour-- only ones on the whole train!

Red's Revenge was MILES better than anything they've done before with great effects and everything. Lots of actors and great unexpected scares!

Although, my favorite was Vault 666! The special effects in there really put it up to par with Universal. It was GREAT! There is a guy with a machine gun at the end and totally scared the crap out of me! Plus the cheesiness of the beginning of the maze was awesome!

Also, I doubt this means anything, but the left Superman car is GONE! Nowhere to be found on the track or nearby. I wonder if this means we could finally be getting one side forwards and one side backwards!? That would be sweet.

I loved Fright Fest this year too... Would it be too much to say I liked it better than Scary Farm this year and was just below HHN for me? Aftermath was actually scary again for me, they didn't depend to heavily on fog, scare actors were giving it all they got etc. I loved Red's Revenge and Vault 666. Toys of Terror rehab was amazing as well, the 3D really worked and reminded me of HHN's House of 1000 Corpses' 3D effects. Hopefully this is a step up for years to follow. (Chupacabra can go though... Replace it with something new or give it a refurb like Toys of Terror). Scare zones were very fun as well. Interactive all the night and actors didn't break character at all. Raven stitch was really cool for being new.

Fright Fest last night was AWESOME! Let alone the X2 takeover with me and my 5 friends for half an hour-- only ones on the whole train!

Red's Revenge was MILES better than anything they've done before with great effects and everything. Lots of actors and great unexpected scares!

Although, my favorite was Vault 666! The special effects in there really put it up to par with Universal. It was GREAT! There is a guy with a machine gun at the end and totally scared the crap out of me! Plus the cheesiness of the beginning of the maze was awesome!

Also, I doubt this means anything, but the left Superman car is GONE! Nowhere to be found on the track or nearby. I wonder if this means we could finally be getting one side forwards and one side backwards!? That would be sweet.

I like the cars going backwards far more now, though I respect anyone who wants one side forward and the other reversed as I initially didn't like the idea of being forced to ride backwards since the ride already scared me.

Then, I rode it backwards and loved it even more.

Toys of Terror rehab was amazing as well, the 3D really worked and reminded me of HHN's House of 1000 Corpses' 3D effects.

I would respectfully disagree about that. Toyz was 90% neon airbrush painted walls that barely popped with the glasses. I kind of laughed at that being "upgraded." House of a 1000 corpses was probably the best use of 3D in any haunt maze because of the technique they used (and continue to use, though Alice and Clowns didn't do as good of a job).

Although, my favorite was Vault 666! The special effects in there really put it up to par with Universal.

I'd say it is more comparable with a KSF maze of 5-10 years ago. It's an upgrade for SFMM, but still nowhere near the level of immersion and detail of an HHN maze.

Also, YOLOCoaster totally has airtime over the loop...that abruptly ends with the brake.

Edited by Jew

^Actually, YOLOcoaster was marketed with airtime. They were selling the fact that you get airtime on the last hill. Although their actual advertising campaign should have been: "There is no actual airtime over the top of this hill. And don't get excited for the drop, either; it has brakes on it."

I don't know what you're talking about. There a big airtime moment right before you hit the brakes at the end.

Also, YOLOCoaster totally has airtime over the loop...that abruptly ends with the brake.

Exactly!