TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

At the park now Apocolypse just valleyed while I was on it. Thankfully the staff was on the ball and evacuated us very quickly. Some way to end my first ever visit to MM. I'll post a TR later.

Did you happen to take any pics if it you could upload?

Hey again. Working on our trip plan for when we come to the USA and I am now looking at more of the detail of what to do with some of the places we are visiting. SFMM is on the plan so I am looking for the top 3 (or 5) things we should not miss riding/doing there and the bottom 3 where it doesn't matter if we miss them. Let me know what you put in each category.

I like pretty much everything at the park, but I will say the top and bottom coasters.

Definitely ride Full Throttle, X2, and Tatsu. Goliath is my #4 at the park- don't miss that either. Superman is amazing, also.

Although there's nothing I really dislike, I usually skip Scream, since SFDK is my home park and I have ridden Medusa a bunch of times. If you don't like stand-ups, skip Riddler. You can probably do without the mine train, too, although I think it is fun. Revolution is an okay ride, but I hate the restraints.

I'm betting Six Flags just wasn't maintaining the ride well at all.

Really now? You really think they just let it rot risking the safety of the guests? It sounds more like a freak accident to me. And luckily, not a dangerous one.

Either that or Apocalypse is just BEGGING for a little RMC topper track while the construction workers are there

I'm betting Six Flags just wasn't maintaining the ride well at all.

Really now? You really think they just let it rot risking the safety of the guests? It sounds more like a freak accident to me. And luckily, not a dangerous one.

Either that or Apocalypse is just BEGGING for a little RMC topper track while the construction workers are there

Six Flags Magic Mountain. World's first park with 2 roller coasters modified by RMC

Ok, so as is now common knowledge, I visited the park yesterday for the first time. My thoughts on the coasters I actually got to ride.

Full Throttle: Holy hell, what a ride. The hangtime going through the loop was incredible, as was the airtime on the top hat. Most likely entered my top 10. 10/10

Goliath: Much better than I was expecting. The drop was great, and the twists and turns were a lot of fun, but a true hyper needs air time hills. 7/10

Scream: Its twin in New Jersey runs so much better. My head banged around quite a bit, even with my head firmly against the headrest. 5/10

Batman: Just as great and intense as the one at GAdv. I love this ride no matter what park it's in. 8/10

Green Lantern: First ever zacspin. I had no idea what was going on, and it seemed like it ended as soon as it started. Luckily, my car didn't spin (I don't handle spinning well) All in all, a fun ride, but I understand why the model isn't very prevalent. 7/10

Riddler's Revenge: I hate stand-ups. Rode it just to credit whore. No part of this ride was memorable to me. 4/10

Gold Rusher: Fun little mine train. Once again, I rode it just to earn the credit, and to give my dad something to do, as he doesn't ride the big coasters and I felt bad that he was sitting around. 5/10

Ninja: First ever suspended credit. My dad and I both enjoyed it. Was expecting the cars to swing, but alas, there wasn't much of that happening. After riding this, I wish I had a chance to ride Big Bad Wolf. 6/10

Revolution: Had to pay tribute to Anton. Much more fun than I was expecting, but Christ was it rough. And not to beat the dead horse, but man are those OTSRs unnecessary. 5/10

Viper: So happy I got another spin on an Arrow mega looper, as I'm still reeling from GAdv's decision to rip out GASM. Didn't even mind the roughness because the entire ride I was having a nostalgia trip. Bonus points for this ride allowing me to relive the glory days of GASM. 8/10

Tatsu: Jesus Christ what a ride. My second B&M flyer after the god awful S:UF clone at GAdv. I came staggering off the exit after this one because it really shook me senseless for a few minutes. Guess I don't handle flyers well, but I'm glad I got a spin on one of the best. 8/10

From Tatsu I went to Apocalypse, which has been well documented in this thread already. After the incident, I was discouraged to keep riding, and as such, did not get to ride Superman or X2. But that's just cause for me to visit the park again, right?

Despite that final hiccup, I had a great day. The park wasn't very crowded, the single rider lines were a great time saver, and the area surrounding the park is beautiful. I had a nice time drinking in the scenery from most of the lift hills.