TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Question for MM regulars! I read this thread frequently and I know about the single rider lines for Riddlers, Lex Luthor and Green Lantern. My question is: are there single rider lines for X2 and Tatsu? I'm going this weekend and my husband will not ride those but I will! TIA!

^Unfortunately not. SFMM only has single rider lines on Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Riddler's, Revolution, and Viper. For everything else, you'll just have to wait in line (or get a Flash Pass). If you're going on Saturday expect significant waits for the headliners (Full Throttle, Goliath, Tatsu, and X2), on Friday or Sunday they should be more reasonable.

I had a friend who went this summer and walked up the Tatsu ramp and asked if he could ride alone. They sent him to the station and told him to take whatever empty seat he pleased and he rode. It's a huge gamble if you try it.

EDIT: Or Just do as the post below me and follow park policies. Better safe than sorry mate.

Edited by _IntaMAN_

I dont think he jumped the queue, it sounds just walked up to the Flash Pass employee from outside the queue who told him he could ride as a single.

I really wish MM would deploy more single rider lines..I don't see a good reason not to for almost every coaster (X2 might be a bit of a logistical challenge the way the station is laid out). Your trains leave full, your standby queue is shorter, and single riders are happy. Everyone wins.

Quite often if I see there's a group of four in front of me on a B&M coaster and there's a group of less than four in front of them, I'll ask them if they mind if I go in front of them with the smaller group. Almost without fail they'll let me since it doesn't increase their wait time.

I don't think asking for something is a violation of park policies. If he was maliciously line jumping while flipping the bird to the queue or if he asked the employee to ride as a single and the employee said no and went ahead and did it anyway then it's a violation.

Sometimes asking for something can reap benefits and sometimes not so yes I guess there is a bit of a gamble there but it can't hurt to try. As long as you can accept no for an answer should the answer be no.

I don't think asking for something is a violation of park policies.

Sometimes asking for something can reap benefits and sometimes not so yes I guess there is a bit of a gamble there but it can't hurt to try. As long as you can accept no for an answer should the answer be no.

Where exactly is the "gamble" in asking a flash pass checker if you may skip the queue as a single rider? I don't understand why that word keeps being used. What does he lose if the answer is no? Ego?

For the record ... not something I would EVER do ... and I have some real reservations about the park employee's decision, if anyone's. But calling this a policy violation on the patron's part is a stretch; he asked a question.

Where exactly is the "gamble" in asking a flash pass checker if you may skip the queue as a single rider?

Because it's not the standard policy for that ride. If a ride has a single rider line, that's one thing. But you're asking an employee, who already has other jobs assigned to them, to on the fly create a special scenario exclusively for you. That's wrong on so many levels.

Here's an idea: how about just following the rules like everyone else and not trying to be a self-entitled snowflake that feels they are above the rules?

Yeah this seems like a pretty big non-issue, to me anyway. There are crew members posted at ride exits solely for the purpose of flash-pass management and line queuing. It's not like you're going up to the panel attendant waiving your arms and demanding a single ride. I spent the summer bouncing around parks in the mid-west as a singlerider and when I didn't have a flash-pass, q-bot, fastlane, whatever in hand I thought it was silly NOT to ask the bored teen starting out the back of the station if I could hop in an empty seat on the next dispatch.

Does anyone know what the word 'gamble' actually means?

Where exactly is the "gamble" in asking a flash pass checker if you may skip the queue as a single rider? I don't understand why that word keeps being used. What does he lose if the answer is no? Ego?

It is a gamble, and I think that's the appropriate word. There are two outcomes: either the RO says "no," and you have to wait in the sometimes-hours-long stand-by line, or you're given the go and you end up saving 60-120 minutes of standing up in dry heat. Having the courage to ask is something I advocate, and it can save you HOURS; click on the link in my siggy and check out the "data" section.

All the RO can say is "no," and you should respect their decision.

Rides at Magic Mountain that have posted single-rider lines (something we call "SPRQ", pronounced "spark") are:

Green Lantern: First Flight

Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom

Revolution

Riddler's Revenge

Scream

Viper

However, Roaring Rapids regularly seats single riders (ask), and both Superman and Goliath are known to admit single riders. Always ask.

Again, check out our "data" section and click on "October 11, 2014." That was a very busy Saturday: Goliath had a 120-minute wait and X2 was busy through the late evening. "S" stands for single-rider, "R" means stand-by queue. Look at how much time was saved.

Also from screamscape

icon_STOPPark News - (10/17/14) Over the weekend, the rumor coming in about Six Flags Magic Mountain is that something took place on Apocalypse and that it was serious enough that the coaster may be closed for an extended period of time. From here all kinds of crazy rumors started to pop-up describing possible damage to the ride’s track and/or wooden structure.

Fortunately, this is just an example of the internet running wild with crazy rumors with no truth at all to them. I reached out to SFMM’s Sue Carpenter for the official word and the truth is simple… a train valleyed on Apocalypse in the middle of the ride (these things happen now and again…) and the ride was immediately shut down of course. A crane was brought on site this week to remove the train, one car at a time, and Apocalypse will reopen this weekend for Fright Fest as scheduled.