Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby RollingCoasting » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 am

There's actually some pretty good places to get food in the park w/ the dining plan (Full list for reference)

My top picks would be

Big Lou's (Italian beef sandwiches and Italian sausage) Located in Orleans Place
JB's Barbecue and Sports Bar (Nacho Grande, Pulled pork sandwiches, and grilled chicken salad) Located in Southwest Territory
Strutter's (Probably the best chicken you'll find in a Six Flags park) Located in Hometown Square
Johnny Rockets (Burgers) Located in Mardi Gras and County Fair
Chop Six (Surprisingly decent Panda Express knockoff) Located in County Fair

For snacks, I'd recommend the frozen lemonade from Sticky Fingers (Located across from Goliath's entrance)

As for loose articles, just keep 'em in zippered pockets and the park doesn't care. No fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy like Great Adventure

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:45 pm

RollingCoasting wrote:There's actually some pretty good places to get food in the park w/ the dining plan (Full list for reference)

My top picks would be

Big Lou's (Italian beef sandwiches and Italian sausage) Located in Orleans Place
JB's Barbecue and Sports Bar (Nacho Grande, Pulled pork sandwiches, and grilled chicken salad) Located in Southwest Territory
Strutter's (Probably the best chicken you'll find in a Six Flags park) Located in Hometown Square
Johnny Rockets (Burgers) Located in Mardi Gras and County Fair
Chop Six (Surprisingly decent Panda Express knockoff) Located in County Fair

For snacks, I'd recommend the frozen lemonade from Sticky Fingers (Located across from Goliath's entrance)

As for loose articles, just keep 'em in zippered pockets and the park doesn't care. No fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy like Great Adventure

I also suggest Maw & Paw's. Usually always hot food and relatively fast lines.
For Snacks, If you have allergies; Welch's fruit snacks (Non-Yogurt covered ones) don't have wheat, glutten, or whey.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ilrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:39 am

AndrewA86 wrote:Hey guys thanks for the responses. I appreciate the idea of using the ferry to cross Lake Michigan. I’d be leaving Detroit around 5-530 which should get me into the Chicago area between 9 and 10 pm. The ferry is something I would do if I was with my GF, but I’m doing this solo, and if it’s not going to save me too much time I don’t really want to add that much of an expense.

Which brings me to the food. I have the six flags dining plan so unless there’s absolutely nothing editable to eat in the park I don’t want to spend money I don’t have to.

Maybe I’ll stop at that pizzeria when I get into town for a late dinner. One of those opened here a year ago and I wasn’t impressed, so I’m thinking and hoping that the Chicago locations are better.

Another question, how is this park with letting you ride with keys, wallets, and a phone in a zipped pocket, and a hat down your shirt? I was at great adventure earlier this season and I was shocked they didn’t let you ride some coasters with a hat down your shirt and little items in a zipped pocket.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding traffic, you should not be too bad if you are getting into Chicago late at night, especially since you will be heading northbound. The ferry is not necessary. I would recommend taking 294 around Chicago, though, rather than taking 94 through the city. It is not that much slower a trip, and can be faster.

They let you keep smaller items in pockets. I sometimes have keys, cell phone, etc., and have never been bothered. I just hold my hat in my hand if I cannot put in in a pocket and they have always allowed that too. The only items they are big on people putting in the bins are bags/purses and drink bottles.
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for the info everyone, it was very helpful. I’m really looking forward to visiting the park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postby RollingCoasting » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:14 am

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 am

I’ll be visiting the park this Friday for the day and for the 3 hour season pass night event. Should I anticipate it being very crowded?

Also, according to the app, all the water rides and the family coasters are closed. Is this true? If so, any reason to believe they will be running by Friday?

Any additional advice is appreciated too. Very excited to finally make it to this park!

Postby RollingCoasting » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am

I've never gone to CAD myself but I've heard it is always very crowded.

Also, the only ride currently closed is Logger's Run, which hasn't opened up yet this year so it likely won't be up Friday. http://sfgamworld.com/rides/ridestatus.php

Make sure to check out The Lobster if you like classic familly flats

Have fun!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 am

^thanks for the suggestion and that link. Very helpful!

I am a huge log flume fan and was excited that they have two separate flumes. Sad to see Loggers Run is down for the count but at least all the coasters are running.

One last question, is there any way Flash Pass is valid during Coasters After Dark? I am assuming no and will find out one way or another but I am curious.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:^thanks for the suggestion and that link. Very helpful!

I am a huge log flume fan and was excited that they have two separate flumes. Sad to see Loggers Run is down for the count but at least all the coasters are running.

One last question, is there any way Flash Pass is valid during Coasters After Dark? I am assuming no and will find out one way or another but I am curious.

It is not valid... And yes, expect things to stay quite busy... It's a case where there isn't much else open so people all end up on the coasters and it makes for a long night... Things will somewhat thin out as the event goes on, but it won't be walk-on's most likely...

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Vonni wrote:I'm guessing water park expansion. Perhaps a clone of the water coaster that went to SFFT last year.

That would be my guess. It's right next to the water park, and from what I can tell that site seems to be about the right size to fit one of those water coasters. It looks bigger than what you would need to fit something like what Six Flags St Louis has received. Plus I'm figuring Great America is a higher-tier park than St Louis.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!