Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Location: Kaiserslautern
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 am

Okay, great. I just didn't want you to have wrong expectations and a bad experience because of that! :)

Have fun!Europa Park is great! Even more if you have plenty of time. Make sure to give all the small rides a shot. Even the normal travel fair rides liek the ones in the spanish area are better then you'd think.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark
Image

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Invertalon » Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Will do! As much as I love coasters, I don't really need to ride like I used to. Taking in the smaller rides, atmosphere and all that is just as important. We have two full days at the park, looking forward to checking out as much as we can!
-Steve

I wrote the book about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: NH
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Satchboogie3 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 am

Anyone have any tips on where to get the best beer/whiskey/etc in park/restaurants? I'm staying one night in the park
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro
Image

I'd like to buy a vowel!
User avatar
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: 26 May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:49 am

^ Anywhere, really. Erdinger is the beer of choice at the park, and it's actually cheaper inside the park than at the hotels.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: NH
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Satchboogie3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Thanks! I got a Kronen Pils (never had it before), it's ok. Best beer is probably outside the park at Gasthaus zum oschen. Their local pils is fantastic as is their local German/Austrian food.

Ok,can we now talk about Wodan and Silver Star...

How is Wodan so highly rated? I rode it in the morning near the front and last row in the evening. There's no airtime... not figuratively, it literally has zero airtime... sure, its fast. Great...

Now about Silver Star. This IMO is easily the best coaster in the park. I got 6 rides in the last row. Loaded with airtime (even not bad for B&M airtime), forceful throughout. Might be my new favorite B&M hyper. I get Bluefire has a launch and is new and Euromir is unique and fun, but how those get into top 50 steel rankings and not Silver Star baffles me.

The park ops was as spectacular as I've heard.
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro
Image

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Invertalon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:52 am

Satchboogie3 wrote:
How is Wodan so highly rated? I rode it in the morning near the front and last row in the evening. There's no airtime... not figuratively, it literally has zero airtime... sure, its fast. Great...

Now about Silver Star. This IMO is easily the best coaster in the park. I got 6 rides in the last row. Loaded with airtime (even not bad for B&M airtime), forceful throughout. Might be my new favorite B&M hyper. I get Bluefire has a launch and is new and Euromir is unique and fun, but how those get into top 50 steel rankings and not Silver Star baffles me.

The park ops was as spectacular as I've heard.



You do realize that airtime is not proportionate to how well liked a ride may be? Wodan is great fun. Not sure what you rode, but I flew out of my seat during the ride multiple times. Typical GCI goodness.

I also really enjoyed Silver Star. Better than I expected it to be, honestly. It was running really great when there.
-Steve

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 33520
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Swimming in the Ocean
Gender: Female
Age: 38

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:44 pm

^^I don't rate Wodan very high.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Satchboogie3 wrote:Thanks! I got a Kronen Pils (never had it before), it's ok. Best beer is probably outside the park at Gasthaus zum oschen. Their local pils is fantastic as is their local German/Austrian food.

Ok,can we now talk about Wodan and Silver Star...

How is Wodan so highly rated? I rode it in the morning near the front and last row in the evening. There's no airtime... not figuratively, it literally has zero airtime... sure, its fast. Great...

Now about Silver Star. This IMO is easily the best coaster in the park. I got 6 rides in the last row. Loaded with airtime (even not bad for B&M airtime), forceful throughout. Might be my new favorite B&M hyper. I get Bluefire has a launch and is new and Euromir is unique and fun, but how those get into top 50 steel rankings and not Silver Star baffles me.

The park ops was as spectacular as I've heard.


In 2017, I found Wodan good up front with several pops of air, but it was bumpy elsewhere in the train. Ultimately I thought it was similar to Thunderhead.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Location: Kaiserslautern
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

This spring, around Easter, Wodan was on both days we were there butter smooth (as a fully loaded, 60 mp/h wooden coaster can be), Silver Star wasn't smooth in any meaning.
It was inclredible hot. Both were hauling A$$ and Wodan was just great in the back row. I had some relentless rides with damn noticable airtime on the drop, the pop into the fly through and the section after the Atlantica turnaround.
Silver Star hat bad rattles, especially in the first drop, on minimum two trains. Airtime and speed was OK. Perhaps the wheels were worn out, because later reviews didn't state a rattle.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark
Image

I wrote the book about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 415
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: NH
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Satchboogie3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:43 am

Pedrinho wrote:Silver Star hat bad rattles, especially in the first drop, on minimum two trains. Airtime and speed was OK. Perhaps the wheels were worn out, because later reviews didn't state a rattle.


There was definitely some rattle on Silver Star, but that doesn't phase me. The airtime was pretty good, and that was after riding Expedition Gforce a whole bunch the day before, so the bar was high, lol.

I dont mean to rip Bluefire, it is quite fun and really good, just wonder why so many look past Silver Star. Then again I'm all about the airtime and blackout G-forces.
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron