Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Kooky » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 pm

larrygator wrote:I just can't get behind the VR coaster idea until I experience it. It's like watching a movie while riding a family coaster (in this case powered). I guess it will make credit whores feel cleaner when they adapt it to miner mike and other kiddie coasters.

I tried a lot of VR and like everyone says, you have to try it by yourself. It doesn't just show a video. It is an 3D-Environment that gives you the feeling that you are in there. The best way to explain is if you are high up on a tower and look down - the feeling you get is the same you get when you look in a virtual abyss. You get that weird feeling that you could drop there. So with this coaster for example: They put you in a fantasy world with a wild turbulent ride... and because of the virtual reality you can change the heights, were in the real world the coaster just drops some meters in the virtual reality you can make the drop much higher and faster... 50m for example. And you are feeling like you are in there... together with dragons and other stuff. That will open possibilities like Special-Effects in movies - but they are not on a screen, they are around you... just everywhere (imagine a car flying over your head after an explosion).
And you can even fake much more: For example they used a banking change from left to right to simulate a barrel-roll. Your inner sensors won´t realize that you haven't made a full overhead. Or they used some bumps in the track to simulate a slight jump in the scenes.
You really have to try it by yourself... it really is a game changer for themeparks :mickey:

cfc wrote:I'm not crazy about VR, mainly because my one experience with it made feel sick as hell. I might give it one more shot at Europa, though.

About that: I work a lot with VR and it is normal.... When you play or try something that is moving in VR most people will get sick - this is why i don`t think it will work with most of the games and why VR is more made for Experiences. Because when the camera isn't moving you won't get sick.
But it is different if you are on a moving chair... or a coaster ;) you are moving like the virtual world that you see, so there is no problem for the brain. Because when you see the world banking sideways, your body does this,too. And this is the reason why most people get sick: if you see a virtual moving and banking sideways but your inner sensors think that you don´t move - it will make people dizzy
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Kooky wrote:
larrygator wrote:I just can't get behind the VR coaster idea until I experience it. It's like watching a movie while riding a family coaster (in this case powered). I guess it will make credit whores feel cleaner when they adapt it to miner mike and other kiddie coasters.

I tried a lot of VR and like everyone says, you have to try it by yourself. It doesn't just show a video. It is an 3D-Environment that gives you the feeling that you are in there. The best way to explain is if you are high up on a tower and look down - the feeling you get is the same you get when you look in a virtual abyss. You get that weird feeling that you could drop there. So with this coaster for example: They put you in a fantasy world with a wild turbulent ride... and because of the virtual reality you can change the heights, were in the real world the coaster just drops some meters in the virtual reality you can make the drop much higher and faster... 50m for example. And you are feeling like you are in there... together with dragons and other stuff. That will open possibilities like Special-Effects in movies - but they are not on a screen, they are around you... just everywhere (imagine a car flying over your head after an explosion).
And you can even fake much more: For example they used a banking change from left to right to simulate a barrel-roll. Your inner sensors won´t realize that you haven't made a full overhead. Or they used some bumps in the track to simulate a slight jump in the scenes.
You really have to try it by yourself... it really is a game changer for themeparks :mickey:

I understand what you are saying.
I do not understand how this be will a significantly different experience than what can be done in a stand alone simulator.

Of course, I'll try it if it is at a park near me, but it is one of these things I need to experience to fully understand.
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:50 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 pm

I hope all of this doesn't cause them to close off or remove the awesome cave part of the ride so that if you wish to enjoy the ride without the VR you can still enjoy its Europa awesomeness.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm

It's an optional thing. You go to guest services to get a ticket and then collect a headset from the exit before riding and hand it back after.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Ledgy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:08 pm

I did find another video of the VR Coaster: http://youtu.be/3xnnhVsRz_4

It belongs to this article: http://vrjam.devpost.com/submissions/36324-vr-coaster

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby parktraveler008 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:51 pm

First impressions from today’s press conference for the upcoming Halloween-season 2015.

Much more impressions you'll find here www.RideOnBlog.com.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby MagicMountainMan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:One thing that amazes me is how the ride ops in Europa Park walk casually back and forth when they check the restraints without stacking and other parks can`t?

This x1000 it blew my mind just how casual and fantastic all of the ride ops were.

And Halloween looks fantastic at Europa! That park was truly incredible...

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:22 am

The park's 14th land officially announced:

Ireland

- replaces the old Viking/Nivealand
- includes an indoor area with a playground, a cafe and a shop
- 3 new family rides (including some kind of "swinging ship" and a tractor ride)
- a new show
- opens "Spring 2016"

CR6yrANWcAAAYz1.jpg

Other changes for 2016:

- in the entrance area, the park's monorail will be rerouted a little
- the African restaurant "Colonial House" will become bigger, with the addition of an extra wing

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Any news on the indoor/outdoor waterpark they were considering.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:40 am

ElvisLuv wrote:Any news on the indoor/outdoor waterpark they were considering.

AstroDan over on EuropaStreet posted a few bits of information the other day! https://towersstreet.com/talk/index.php?posts/148003
Looks like they're opening it in phases along with extra accommodation over the next few years

:)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!