Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Any idea on how crowds look in early June? I'm saving money to go there between the 6th and 9th (I was originally thinking Phantasialand but seeing I had saved so much money and I wanted to go to Europa more I changed my mind) so I'm wondering if two days would be enough to get everything in (it should, but I'm asking anyway). Also, are their hotels worth staying in? Thanks. :)
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Dar » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Check the school holiday dates for the Strasbourg area and Germany, you might need an extra day.

Yes, the hotels are worth it but if you can't afford it there are loads of great places to stay in Rust. You can use the hotel bars and restaurants even if you're not staying in them, so don't worry about that.

Postby cookiex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Dar wrote:Check the school holiday dates for the Strasbourg area and Germany, you might need an extra day.

Yes, the hotels are worth it but if you can't afford it there are loads of great places to stay in Rust. You can use the hotel bars and restaurants even if you're not staying in them, so don't worry about that.

From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

I'm currently looking at either Coloseo, Castillo Alcazar or El Andaluz. All three seem to be in the same price range and I should be able to afford a three-night stay. But out of curiosity, what are the best options in Rust?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |

I rummage through Intamin's garbage

Location: Switzerland, 5 miles away from Intamin's main location

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 pm

cookiex wrote:
Dar wrote:Check the school holiday dates for the Strasbourg area and Germany, you might need an extra day.

From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

I'm currently looking at either Coloseo, Castillo Alcazar or El Andaluz. All three seem to be in the same price range and I should be able to afford a three-night stay. But out of curiosity, what are the best options in Rust?

I'd say not more than 20 minutes long lines, but be careful with Wednesday because the french students have no school on Wednesdays!
I can't tell you much about the hotels, because I've never been in one, but you get early entry so Blue Fire and Wodan are 30 minutes open for the Hotel Guests before the Park opens!
But be carefull, because often if you book the hotel the admission for the park is not included!
Count: 211 (192 Steel & 19 Wood) 37 Parks
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 3. Taron (Phantasialand) 4. Kärnan (Hansa Park) 5. Helix (Liseberg)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm from Switzerland!
Youtube Channel

Postby cookiex » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:35 pm

K1ngdaKa88 wrote:I'd say not more than 20 minutes long lines, but be careful with Wednesday because the french students have no school on Wednesdays!
I can't tell you much about the hotels, because I've never been in one, but you get early entry so Blue Fire and Wodan are 30 minutes open for the Hotel Guests before the Park opens!
But be careful, because often if you book the hotel the admission for the park is not included!

I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty stingy considering how costly the hotels are.

I hear they extend the opening times if the park gets crowded enough. Is this a common occurrence or does the park need to be really packed in order for that to happen?

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:41 pm

cookiex wrote:I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty cheap considering how costly the hotels are.

I hear they extend the opening times if the park gets crowded enough. Is this a common occurrence or does the park need to be really packed in order for that to happen?

It really needs some crowds to have it longer open (at least 30 min lines needed) and if they let it longer open, then only half an hour or an hour. Expected if it is really crowded, what wouldn't happen this time you are there on a weekday.
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 3. Taron (Phantasialand) 4. Kärnan (Hansa Park) 5. Helix (Liseberg)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Youtube Channel

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:41 am

cookiex wrote:From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

Summer Break in Germany varies by State, some States start in mid June while others at the end of July. Either way, if you go early June, school will be still in session.

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:52 am

alexinla wrote:
cookiex wrote:From what I can find France doesn't have their summer break until early and Germany late July and there are no public holidays in early June. I was wondering how crowds would look on a typical June weekday.

Summer Break in Germany varies by State, some States start in mid June while others at the end of July. Either way, if you go early June, school will be still in session.

That's correct, but these are all states in the north/east part of Germany. And Europapark is located in the south west. Everything till calendar week 25 is fine in June.
Youtube Channel

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jumper » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:07 am

K1ngdaKa88 wrote:
cookiex wrote:I was made aware early on that tickets aren't included in the hotel fares, which is pretty cheap considering how costly the hotels are.

It really needs some crowds to have it longer open (at least 30 min lines needed) and if they let it longer open, then only half an hour or an hour. Expected if it is really crowded, what wouldn't happen this time you are there on a weekday.

This is not correct. The park guarantees opening hours until 6pm (in july and August 7pm) and usually extends the opening every day. On slow days 30min, on more busy days up to 2-3 hours depending on the amount of visitors in the park.

Concerning this Weekend, it should be okay. Enjoy!

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 am

5.5 million visitors in 2015.

http://presse.europapark.com/de/presse/nachricht/datum/2016/01/04/geburtstagsjahr-2015-im-europa-park-endet-mit-rekord-von-55-millionen-besuchern/

some numbers:

- 2015 was the park's 40th season and its best season ever
- more visitors in summer, Halloween and winter
- over 500,000 visitors in the winter season alone
- more visitors staying multiple days
- on average a 98% hotel occupancy
- 150 new jobs were created

ongoing projects:

- new for 2016: Ireland area with 10 attractions, 3 new rides and an indoor area
- an event/concert hall
- a new logistics center
- spring 2017: a big ride, "of this kind" unique in Europe
- summer 2018: a new hotel with 1000 beds
- winter 2018: first phase of the waterpark

visitor milestones:

1975: 250,000 visitors (opening year)
1978: 1 million
1991: 2 million
2000: 3 million
2007: 4 million
2014: 5 million

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!