Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:46 pm

^ If you become a member of Club TPR, there are numerous benefits
and savings, currently available to a lot of parks around the world. Including Europa!

(And many many thanks to Club TPR for getting all these discounts, too.)

:airtime: :airtimer:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I rummage through Intamin's garbage

Location: Switzerland, 5 miles away from Intamin's main location

Postby K1ngdaKa88 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:38 pm

matteocrepaldi wrote:Quick question: is there any way to save money on Europa Park tickets for 2 days?
I have a discount from the European Coaster Club which gives me the entrance at group rates but I need another one for a friend. Any idea?
I live in Switzerland and I thought maybe Coop or Migros have something.

I don't know, maybe Migros and Coop just sell Tickets in advance for CHF instead of €, but I don't really know it. I always paid there. But if you have Clup TPR Membership then you get discounts!
Count: 211 (192 Steel & 19 Wood) 37 Parks
Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Shambhala (Port Aventura) 3. Taron (Phantasialand) 4. Kärnan (Hansa Park) 5. Helix (Liseberg)
Woodies: 1. Wildfire (Kolmården) 2. Troy (Toverland) 3. White Lightning (Fun Spot) 4. Colossos (Heide Park) 5. El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn)
Sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm from Switzerland!
Youtube Channel

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 am

Usually club discounts are good for at least one (non-club member) guest in your group.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AstroDan » Sat May 02, 2015 9:45 am

The park are currently making major alterations to their Splash Battle. The ride will be called 'Whale Adventures: Northern Lights' from July 2015 and EP are adding 2 dark ride sections and new thematic elements, along with a new ride entrance and bridge. I believe the aim is to reduce the 'soaking' aspect of the ride and instead make it into more of a scenic indoor/outdoor boat ride in a bid to attract more riders.

English-language EP facebook page EuropaStreet has updated with some images from today of the development as it is ongoing:

More images via the above EuropaStreet FB page.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 am

I love how they're breathing new life into so many of their rides this year. So much for a quiet season :)

Postby StealthFan » Sat May 02, 2015 11:34 am

I am surprised that they have never made an dark ride style splash battle where you are not out to soak people but interact with objects/targets to make it like a shooting dark ride.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Max.schollen » Tue May 19, 2015 11:53 am

What is Arthur the ride a cool coaster
Unique and very nicely themed!
I've found a nice video on youtube about this roller coaster

Postby StealthFan » Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

I will be interested to see if any other parks pick up the technology from Arthur for an attraction. It really does have a lot of possibilities.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Fri May 22, 2015 7:26 am

i haven´t found a thread about VR-coasters, but i think it is really too intresting tohide it from the community. So cause of Europa Park and Mack rides supported the students by researching and building a company, think this will be the best place to post it!

Since some students and Mack tested VR on a BlueFire they started testing more different experiences on most of their coasters... and it seems to be awesome. So they now seem to have build a company which creates ride VR experiences:

So in the mean time, it seems they reached the point were the figured out most problems like safety, synchronization and a lot more to get a great experience...
And so they showed a lot more videos from their first tests:

- their first experience, fantasy-scenario on BlueFire:

- a flying islands experience on Pegasus:

- an underwater experience on BlueFire:

- a space mine ride on BlueFire:

- and a cartoonish lokking eastern/asian town flyby on BlueFire:

Like seen in the first video, they seemed to have already tested it a on some more coasters like EuropaParks powered coaster "Alpenexpress" and on your beloved "EuroMir".
And there are a lot of pics from other projects like a "Tron"-like ride, a fruity experience and even an interactive space battle:

It is really interesting and i can´t wait to test it in real life since i am huge coaster fan and i am working with the oculus rift dk2 on my own at my university.
And now i just read some rumors that they maybe will renew their coaster "EuroSat" (which was often said since years on fan meetings) but then with a VR-experience! That really would be great because EuroSat was my first big Coaster as child in my home Park "Europa Park" and i really hope that this will be true.

So can´t wait what we will see with VR "mixed Reality rides" (as i call it) in the future ;)

If you want to know more about the project there are a lot more pictures and infomations about it on their homepage. All the videos and images are from the same source:
www.vr-coaster.com

EDIT: There is one more short video from their powered coaster on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/europapark/videos/10152803396336440/
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BonnyST » Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 am

have a nice COASTER WEEKEND :)

follow me on youtube.com/bonnyst
Blue_Fire_01.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!