Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 221: RWS Entertainment Group audition tour announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 am

Europa Park had a livestream from the opening ceremony of the Voletarium yesterday, if anyones interested you can watch it here.
At 01:56:54 in the video you can see a queue line walkthrough and it looks AMAZING :b
Video (Embedding facebook videos is not working somehow?)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zshock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 pm

I think those Flying Theatres are a bit overrated. I mean sure they are pretty cool (but not exceptional). I haven't been to the Voletarium but from Switzerland it's only a 2,5h drive, so no problem in trying it out.

As it being the most costly investment, I don't think it's their best attraction. So I hope they really push their waterpark addition or a new coaster :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Europa-Park will completely rebuild Eurosat

240617door1.jpg

One of the oldest roller coasters at Europa-Park will get a big make-over for the 2018 season. The indoor coaster Eurosat from 1989 will soon be rebuilt. That has been announced tonight at a meeting by Michael Mack .

There won't be much left of Eurosat when it opens again during the Easter holidays of 2018. The park said that the ride will be thoroughly renovated by 2018. There will be a new layout, which, of course, involves a full renewal of the track. The guests will experience a complete new ride.

Also, virtual reality will be used as an additional option. The renewed roller coaster will therefore have its own, extra entry and exit station for VR users. Remarkably, because this year, the park announced that it is going to remove the VR offer at Pegasus because it affected the capacity. Perhaps the additional station and a ride with more capacity will provide a solution to Pegasus's capacity problem.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm not sure how i feel about this :?r I love Eurosat in it's current form, it will probably end up being great though :) I hope they keep the awesome soundtrack at least :)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:28 pm

JordyC wrote:There won't be much left of Eurosat when it opens again during the Easter holidays of 2018. The park said that the ride will be thoroughly renovated by 2018. There will be a new layout, which, of course, involves a full renewal of the track. The guests will experience a complete new ride.

I'm waiting for people to nitpick the translation, although it is crystal clear that this is a new coaster. No me it is no big loss for the park, whatever they install has to be more entertaining.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:57 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Turtle Wax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Not sure how I feel about this either as Eurosat is awesome! However I'm not sure there's a single thing anyone can complain about at Europa Park. Hopefully this ends up even better!
-Bryan
1165 Magnum XL-200 Laps in 2010!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:... I hope they keep the awesome soundtrack at least :)

Probably not. So get your CD soundtrack while you can! If they still have one. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:40 pm

I've heard fantastic things about EuroSat, but this coaster probably has reached its end of service because I suppose back in 1989, nobody expected Europa Park would turn into such a huge thing and Mack didn't design the coaster to be put through the insane amount of cycles it does now. A new coaster designed to be more heavy-duty and have VR/whatever that will be hip in the future in mind will help a lot not to mention save the park a lot of money in the long run.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:00 am

When I read the news on Looopings they said the lay-out would be mostly the same. But now I understand what going to happen, this is just going to be a diffrent coaster. Look forward to what they end up doing.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:15 am

Eurosat was pretty rough when I rode it last year so I don't mind them re-doing it. Wonder if they're going to use the same track style or something different.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!