TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Very cool! The hotel themed to a museum is the kind of above-and-beyond imagination that I really appreciate. I have no doubt that Europa Park will do it well. The concept art with the skeleton reminded of a scene from the Dark Souls game series:

140917sleep3.jpg

Surprisingly no one posted their "announcement" video for the water park yet. I think the video came out quite cool

The fact that they spoke Swedish in that video caught me completely off guard!

Tre Kronor, which they speak about means Three Crowns and is the national emblem of Sweden, as can be seen on the small coat of arms of Sweden. Here it refers to a ship, I don't know if the ship referred to is real but several ships named "Tre Kronor" have existed. It doesn't matter anyway.

Interesting back story, and I can't wait to visit in a few years!

There is only one negative about this project...it's not right at the main resort. It will be hard to decide where we stay once the new park and hotel open. We always love to try out the new resorts, but taking a bus to get to the main park isn't that appealing.

Theme of renewed Eurosat announced

thumb_898f5612560bade6ab41b0207d2e43d2_660_300_0.jpg.d54bbd8f47fdd66a9d4365ce2d1306a2.jpg

Earlier this year, it was announced that Europa-Park would renew its indoor coaster 'Eurosat' by 2018. Today, during a press event, drawings of the new look from after the renovation were released.

About the retheme of the ride was little known yet, except that some decorative pieces were going to be replaced. A new concept art released today during a press event reveals that the theme of Eurosat will change quite a bit. The current space theme will change to a Jules Verne-like theme. The entrance with the famous blue letters 'Eurosat' and the astronaut that welcomed you, will make way for an enteance with French houses and the Moulin Rouge.

thumb_e98b783c58a56ee2e427aaf972bb433e_660_300_0.jpg.1439f776a6bfbc6d1730fd5f0d5a1802.jpg

The trains will also be rethemed to a Jules Verne theme, but will still look like a kind of rocket.

thumb_a9dd29797a14866d1b8086bf0ab25e36_660_300_0.jpg.d79dc1eabe3164437be9bb5ef8934ec8.jpg

By the end of this year, a majot overhaul will begin. The big sphere will be taken down and then the roller coaster itself will get a completely new track. Also, virtual reality will be added to the coaster. The layout will remain unchanged, except that the roller coaster will receive modern tracks and a separate VR boarding station. By August 2018, the coaster should be operational again.

thumb_ff6e923f51ec6f0bbba76f633bdd25cd_660_300_0.jpg.34f7404eff6e233d147ec7420ed6773b.jpg

Universum der Energie (a.k.a. Dinofahrt)

Together with the renovation of Eurosat, the Darkride Universum der Energie will also get a big makeover, which became known today. The revamped darkride will be themed to a woman, Madame Freudenreich, who has a curiosa store and secretly has dinos in her backyard, which she feeds from the local Alsatian specialty. Some dinosaurs will therefore be retained. More information about this project is not yet known.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Source

I find it interesting that Mack is building the SDC Jules Verne inspired coaster and this in about in the same time span. I wonder if the queue's will share any theming elements?

I'd be on the side of coincidence, personally.

Yeah, I think so as well. It's not really the same style.

But another funny coincidence is how Disneyland Paris is dropping out the Jules Verne aspect of its Discoveryland, like as if it is an outdated theme, and at the same time, Europa Park is stepping right into it.

But another funny coincidence is how Disneyland Paris is dropping out the Jules Verne aspect of its Discoveryland, like as if it is an outdated theme, and at the same time, Europa Park is stepping right into it.

Don't forget Jardin d'Acclamation is revamping the whole park into a Steampunk theme complete with new rides including some more thrilling for older folks.

Don't forget Jardin d'Acclamation is revamping the whole park into a Steampunk theme complete with new rides including some more thrilling for older folks.

There's also Phantasialand a few hours away embracing steampunk with Rookburgh next year.

There's also Phantasialand a few hours away embracing steampunk with Rookburgh next year.

We are determined to visit Nantes for Les Machines de l'île whIle also visiting Puy du Fou.

And from across the pond, Megapark in Quebec is also doing a steampunk overall.

We are determined to visit Nantes for Les Machines de l'île whIle also visiting Puy du Fou.

Nice! Two great places, loved them both. Puy du Fou has a bunch of amazing shows- I felt 2 days are requiered, as well as seeing La Cinéscénie, but you'd have to book like 6 months prior.

Also, try to ride the mecanical elephant at Les Machines...