TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

So i already ride this coaster 12 times and I really love it ... Arhtur is AWESOME !!!!

After my First ride with Orici, we stand there before the park manager and we burst into tears before him.

We never thougt about so a beautiful ride in the Europa Park.... and you cant describe the ride... and also every Row and every Seat have a different ridefelling that every new ride feels like the first Time...

And after a talk with the Park-Owner Roland Mack, I've got the news that tehy also will add much more theming objects and also the will decorate some more Rooms wich are at the moment only black walls. So this coaster is until now not finished...

mfg Mauer02

oh and before i forget.... here are some pics...

P1110183.thumb.JPG.dce92978b54fd45b999437a409b29da0.JPG

A more detailed pic from the "main tree"

P1110161.thumb.JPG.3429a4848169d785865dff63ece9637e.JPG

the right side form the "main tree"

P1110174.thumb.JPG.b263716c52341204a2b79306a4739efa.JPG

the coaster under the dome

P1110182.thumb.JPG.8dd6f826c117500ed07e74c9fdbd62e8.JPG

The coaster outside.. and every row in a different position...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow members.

I'm planning to visit Europa Park late August and was thinking of getting a room at one of the on-site hotels. As i have never stayed in a hotel in a park before I'm wondering if that means I don't have to pay the park entrance-fee. If included a night at the park is really a bargain and I can't find any info about it on their homepage.

Europa-Park has finally announced its water park.

general facts:

- in development for 3 years now, but the idea has been around for 10 years

- at 30 ha (74 acres), it will be the biggest in Europe, and one of the biggest in the world

- inspired by international parks such as "Siam Park" (Tenerife) and "Great Wolf Lodge" (Wisconsin), but also local parks like "Titisee" and "Erding"

- polls have shown the guests want slides, not wellness

- there will be a lazy river, slides of every kind and lots of them, water playground, waterfalls, surf simulator

- no olympic pool

- between 400,000 and 600,000 visitors a year

- construction will take 18 to 24 months

- cost of "triple digit" millions euro, no state subsidies

indoor area:

- divided in themed areas

- no tropical theme

- will be open year-round

- will have a restaurant

- up to 5,000 guests a day

outdoor area:

- wave pool, beach area, slides, gardens

- open from June to September

- up to 3,000 guests

other facts:

- the park will be built on the other side of town, a bus line will connect the current park and the hotels

- guests currently stay an average of 1.2 nights, the park hopes to raise this to 1.8 nights

- a 6th hotel is in planning stages, will be built right after the waterpark

source: http://www.badische-zeitung.de/europa-park-gibt-erste-details-zu-wasserpark-bei-rust-bekannt

&

http://www.badische-zeitung.de/live-ticker-der-europa-park-stellt-wasserpark-plaene-vor

Edited by BDG

That sounds AWESOME!

For sure it will be a top 3 water park in Europa, I'm not even doubting that. I love that they are focusing more on slides than wellness and it's great to see them going for a indoor and outdoor area. Hopefully they will chose great themes for the different areas.

It would be really cool if they did a big surf pool, it looks like they could use it going by the projected visitor numbers.

Any idea when ground breaking will take place? I wonder who will deliver the slides, I would guess Proslide or Whitewater will take it, with a slight edge to Whitewater.

Any idea when ground breaking will take place?

They hope to start building "next year".

Wann das Bad eröffnet wird, ist derzeit unklar. "Das hängt vom Genehmigungsverfahren ab", so Mack. Er hoffe nächstes Jahr den Bauantrag stellen zu können. "Aktuell gehen wir von einer Bauzeit von 18 bis 24 Monaten aus."

Also, they won't show a model or animation until they have finalized all the building permits:

Ein Modell oder eine Animation hatten sie jedoch nicht dabei. "So lange wir noch mitten im Genehmigungsverfahren sind und nicht wissen, wann wir an der Start gehen können, werden wir unsere Pläne für den Wasserpark nicht öffentlich zu Schau stellen", erklärte Mack.

Hello fellow members.

I'm planning to visit Europa Park late August and was thinking of getting a room at one of the on-site hotels. As i have never stayed in a hotel in a park before I'm wondering if that means I don't have to pay the park entrance-fee. If included a night at the park is really a bargain and I can't find any info about it on their homepage.

you can find the prices on their homepage... you can choose between just a hotel and to get a room with entree in the park. Just choose a hotel, click on "prices" and scroll down

here is an example for the coloseo hotel:

http://europapark.de/en/hotels/4-star-superior-hotel-colosseo

Hello fellow members.

you can find the prices on their homepage... you can choose between just a hotel and to get a room with entree in the park. Just choose a hotel, click on "prices" and scroll down

here is an example for the coloseo hotel:

http://europapark.de/en/hotels/4-star-superior-hotel-colosseo

Thank you so much. Stupid me.

• 3 weeks later...

We were at the park yesterday and had a great time as always! The park was packed (Saturday in the summer) but lines moved fast. They were dispatching trains like no tomorrow. We managed to still ride every coaster with time to spare! Arthur is perfect for the entire family and that whole area is a great addition to the park! I'm excited to see them add on to it. The entire day was just stress free and satisfactory. (Which is usual of course) The entire day was reassurance why I personally find Europa Park the best park in the world.

-- James

Although some years ago I would have sworn by coasters only, and ossibly the most extreme, this personal trend has changed and I tend to appreciate the theme park experience as a whole... maybe it's because I now visit with the kids and so on... but I would totally agree that this park is now very high on my list. It just has everything you want and is situated in an amazing village. I love it so much that I have decided to skip local season passes next year (fed up with wlibi parks who don't invest) to spend cash elsewhere where they deserve it. So, Rust, 2015, here I come again

Awesome news about the water park. I assume that this will be top notch, just like Europa.

I definitely need to see how we can squeeze this park into another visit to Oktoberfest in the near future. Germany rules!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Lol, that Zombie Stuff is such a Walking Dead ripoff.. unbelievable But nothing new for Europa Park, they do great attractions and theming but everything is copied..

Lets be honest though there is only so much you can do with zombies and most parks have some sort of zombie themed halloween attraction every year. I don't think they ever go out to specifically copy something.

This year Europapark not even presents the Horror Nights or the unbelievable Halloween theming through the hole park. The Park also presents "Spook Me!", the first Europapark Musical!

Spook Me is produced by Thomas Mack and composed by Henrik Schwarzer, the guy who created the Wodan Soundtrack.

Twice a day the Muscial with a duration of 45 minutes is shown in the Teatro dell'Arte in the italian area (the Varieté Theatre).

The particular of Spook Me is, that it is sung by some famous german musical stars who also have been working in some popular musicals like "Cats" or "Les Misérable".

Spook Me tells a story about Europaparks Geisterschloss. King Borbar, the owner of the Geisterschloss, welcomes the visitors in the famous elevator every day. But his son, Prince Tao, is bored about being a ghost whome is not allowed to leave the Geisterschloss. In a book he found years ago it is written of the human world, which he is so interested in.

With the help of Ipseria (a banned witch) he leaves the Geisterschloss. But Isperia is following her own plan. She wants to break the heart of King Borbar (the only way to kill a ghost) and wants to rule over the Geisterschloss herself. So she tells King Borbar that his son has left the Geisterschloss, because he hates his father and the way he lives.

Meanwhile Prince Tao arrives at an italian market place, wehere the most people are afraif of him. Only the young girl Lilly wants to learn more about Prince Tao and his world. During a little konversation, Lilly realizes that the book Tao found years ago in the Geisterschloss is her diary. To thank Tao, she followes him back to the Geisterschloss.

There, in the meanwhile, King Borbars heart was broken by Isperias lie. Lilly gets sad because Tao lost his fahther. So she weep a tear of sympathy, the only thing which can heal a ghosts broken heart. King Borbar awakes of his sleeping death and together with Tao and Lilly he banns Isperia during the spectacular final song.

After that he tranformes his son Tao into human, so that Tao can live together with Lilly.

To see some pictures of the mucisal and listen to parts of the songs, here's the hompage:

http://www.spookme.de

There you can also watch a trailer so some some parts of the show.

Spook Me is a great success for Europapark. Not even less than hundreds of people want to wwatch the show.

If you are in Europapark during the Halloween Season, don't miss SPOOK ME.

Lol, that Zombie Stuff is such a Walking Dead ripoff.. unbelievable But nothing new for Europa Park, they do great attractions and theming but everything is copied..

Not really sure about this. They certainly 'copied' Disney a bit in the 1980's with their version of Haunted Mansion, Pirates and the Eurosat ball... but since then, I disagree. In fact, you could say that many parks take ideas from each other. How many parks have a 'wild west' theme area? How many parks have 'space' themed areas? And in any case, if you're saying that Europa-Park 'copy' - Disneyland Paris have just announced a Michelin starred restaurant. Does that mean they are 'copying' Europa-Park?

The more recent attractions at Europa-Park: Blue Fire, Wodan, Arthur... most certainly not 'copied' from anywhere...