Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 221: RWS Entertainment Group audition tour announced
Users viewing this topic: Noctew and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby Mauer02 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

So i already ride this coaster 12 times and I really love it ... Arhtur is AWESOME !!!!

After my First ride with Orici, we stand there before the park manager and we burst into tears before him.
We never thougt about so a beautiful ride in the Europa Park.... and you cant describe the ride... and also every Row and every Seat have a different ridefelling that every new ride feels like the first Time...

And after a talk with the Park-Owner Roland Mack, I've got the news that tehy also will add much more theming objects and also the will decorate some more Rooms wich are at the moment only black walls. So this coaster is until now not finished...

mfg Mauer02

oh and before i forget.... here are some pics...

P1110183.JPG
A more detailed pic from the "main tree"
P1110161.JPG
the right side form the "main tree"

P1110174.JPG
the coaster under the dome
P1110182.JPG
The coaster outside.. and every row in a different position...
Life is a rollercoaster - it goes up and down

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Swede » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 am

Hello fellow members.

I'm planning to visit Europa Park late August and was thinking of getting a room at one of the on-site hotels. As i have never stayed in a hotel in a park before I'm wondering if that means I don't have to pay the park entrance-fee. If included a night at the park is really a bargain and I can't find any info about it on their homepage.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 am

Europa-Park has finally announced its water park.

general facts:
- in development for 3 years now, but the idea has been around for 10 years
- at 30 ha (74 acres), it will be the biggest in Europe, and one of the biggest in the world
- inspired by international parks such as "Siam Park" (Tenerife) and "Great Wolf Lodge" (Wisconsin), but also local parks like "Titisee" and "Erding"
- polls have shown the guests want slides, not wellness
- there will be a lazy river, slides of every kind and lots of them, water playground, waterfalls, surf simulator
- no olympic pool
- between 400,000 and 600,000 visitors a year
- construction will take 18 to 24 months
- cost of "triple digit" millions euro, no state subsidies

indoor area:
- divided in themed areas
- no tropical theme
- will be open year-round
- will have a restaurant
- up to 5,000 guests a day

outdoor area:
- wave pool, beach area, slides, gardens
- open from June to September
- up to 3,000 guests

other facts:
- the park will be built on the other side of town, a bus line will connect the current park and the hotels
- guests currently stay an average of 1.2 nights, the park hopes to raise this to 1.8 nights
- a 6th hotel is in planning stages, will be built right after the waterpark

source: http://www.badische-zeitung.de/europa-park-gibt-erste-details-zu-wasserpark-bei-rust-bekannt
&
http://www.badische-zeitung.de/live-ticker-der-europa-park-stellt-wasserpark-plaene-vor
Last edited by BDG on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:52 am.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 am

That sounds AWESOME!

For sure it will be a top 3 water park in Europa, I'm not even doubting that. I love that they are focusing more on slides than wellness and it's great to see them going for a indoor and outdoor area. Hopefully they will chose great themes for the different areas.

It would be really cool if they did a big surf pool, it looks like they could use it going by the projected visitor numbers.

Any idea when ground breaking will take place? I wonder who will deliver the slides, I would guess Proslide or Whitewater will take it, with a slight edge to Whitewater.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:10 am

Interesting that this is finally happening. I wish it could have been done next to the park but I suppose it's a land issue. Look forward to checking it out!

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:20 am

_koppen wrote:Any idea when ground breaking will take place?

They hope to start building "next year".

Wann das Bad eröffnet wird, ist derzeit unklar. "Das hängt vom Genehmigungsverfahren ab", so Mack. Er hoffe nächstes Jahr den Bauantrag stellen zu können. "Aktuell gehen wir von einer Bauzeit von 18 bis 24 Monaten aus."

Also, they won't show a model or animation until they have finalized all the building permits:

Ein Modell oder eine Animation hatten sie jedoch nicht dabei. "So lange wir noch mitten im Genehmigungsverfahren sind und nicht wissen, wann wir an der Start gehen können, werden wir unsere Pläne für den Wasserpark nicht öffentlich zu Schau stellen", erklärte Mack.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

This sounds really excellent! The nerd in me wants them to extend the park's monorail system to go to the waterpark instead of a bus, though. Not a complaint, just a pipe dream :)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Swede wrote:Hello fellow members.

I'm planning to visit Europa Park late August and was thinking of getting a room at one of the on-site hotels. As i have never stayed in a hotel in a park before I'm wondering if that means I don't have to pay the park entrance-fee. If included a night at the park is really a bargain and I can't find any info about it on their homepage.

you can find the prices on their homepage... you can choose between just a hotel and to get a room with entree in the park. Just choose a hotel, click on "prices" and scroll down ;)

here is an example for the coloseo hotel:

http://europapark.de/en/hotels/4-star-superior-hotel-colosseo
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Swede » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:58 am

Kooky wrote:
Swede wrote:Hello fellow members.

you can find the prices on their homepage... you can choose between just a hotel and to get a room with entree in the park. Just choose a hotel, click on "prices" and scroll down ;)

here is an example for the coloseo hotel:

http://europapark.de/en/hotels/4-star-superior-hotel-colosseo

Thank you so much. Stupid me. :oops:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 am

That's great news. I can't wait to see how well themed it will be. If it's even 1/4 of how well the park is themed, it will be amazing!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!