Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Sun May 27, 2018 10:24 am

Belgiumcoasterfreak wrote:Sad news, was shocked when I first saw it on Social Media.

SharkTums wrote:Not the poffertjes!!!!!!

The poffertjes-house survived the fire!

:b :br :b

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 am

robbalvey wrote:That being said, I really hope they DO bring back the Pirates ride but instead give us the Europa Park take on Shanghai Pirates! (Seriously, that would be amazing!)

I don't know. Piracy and the Netherlands never linked that well, Yes there where Dutch Pirates but nothing to special. I much rather see them go to the VOC time for a replacement. That way they can work in some nice easter eggs to Piraten in the ride. I would love them to go for a next gen Darkride with boats again, more animation less animatronics. I mean look at Symbolica at the Efteling it has barly any animatronics but still is very populair.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 am

So glad to hear no one got hurt. I’ve never been to Europa Park but you hate to hear something like this happen. I thought it was nice to read the support they were getting online. I was really impressed with how the park handle it all and I’m sure they rebuild the area fast.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun May 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Wow that was a pretty intense fire, glad no one was hurt.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Although I've yet to visit Europa Park, I feel as if I've experienced its unique magic thanks to the many wonderful Theme Park Review Reports shared by all those lucky enough to have been there.  Judging by the dedicated work the park obviously does to maintain its 'one-of-a-kind' features, I have great hopes that the damaged areas can come back to life in a reasonable amount of time (as long as "politicians" don't get involved ala NYC's post-9/11 redevelopment!!!).  :omg: Get well soon Europa Park! :)

P.S. What is the proffertjes house??

Alice

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Poffertjes are a Dutch delicacy - they're like little doughy balls and are normally served with sugar, Nutella or syrup. Hope I've got that right Dutch TPR members :p

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Murfie » Sun May 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Yes they are kind of fluffy miniature pancakes, cooked on a special cast iron pan, and traditionally served with butter and powdered sugar.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djcoaster » Sun May 27, 2018 4:24 pm

I think that the first thing they have to do, after having secured the area, is reopening the raft ride before the summer.
Fjord rafting is a major familial ride that needs to be functional for the hot season, as soon as possible.

One must also think about a possible "commercial gesture" (opening rides later, offering drinks to hotels ...).

About the dutch zone, I would like to see an attraction that clearly misses in EP, according to me : a big dark ride OR a free fall/propulsion tower (flying dutchman theme ?) ;)

Mack has alaways used his park as a showcase so I think that they'll build a new dark ride, a submarine one based on their catalogue : https://mack-rides.com/products/dark-rides/submarine-dark-rides/

This submarine theme could lead you to explore the wrecl of pirates ships, which could be new and a very nice easter egg ;)

What's your opinion ?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon May 28, 2018 12:09 am

djcoaster wrote:I think that the first thing they have to do, after having secured the area, is reopening the raft ride before the summer.
Fjord rafting is a major familial ride that needs to be functional for the hot season, as soon as possible.

Good post, I agree. It looks like the park are wasting no time to reopen rides - Windjammer reopened yesterday despite them having to reconfigure the entrance/exit, so I think once they make the Fjord Restaurant safe/presentable (even if it's just putting construction walls up), I think it will be their aim to reopen it as soon as possible.

djcoaster wrote:About the dutch zone, I would like to see an attraction that clearly misses in EP, according to me : a big dark ride OR a free fall/propulsion tower (flying dutchman theme ?) ;)

Mack has alaways used his park as a showcase so I think that they'll build a new dark ride, a submarine one based on their catalogue : https://mack-rides.com/products/dark-rides/submarine-dark-rides/

This submarine theme could lead you to explore the wrecl of pirates ships, which could be new and a very nice easter egg ;)

This is a really nice idea. It would fill the gap left by Pirates by being a slow-moving family-friendly dark ride, but it would also bring something new to the table. I hope whatever it is, they are bold and ambitious with the idea rather than it just being a ride where you sit in a submarine and passively go past scenery. I think through time Pirates had become a filler ride, but I hope that whatever replaces it is world class.

Regarding the drop tower, I'm sure I read years ago Mack were working on a drop tower and that it would be a unique interpretation of the ride. If this isn't what is planned for the new area behind Greece, then that's definitely another idea too.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 am

I think an indoor drop tower Tower of Terror or Mystery Castle-style would be really cool for this park.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!