Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Update:

Current information about parking operation:
 - The park opens as planned at 9:00
 - According to emergency services, the fire is extinguished in the meantime
 - There are still a few extinguishing works in progress

For now the following areas are closed:
 - Holland
 - Scandinavia

Currently the following attractions are not in operation:
 - Koffiekopjes
 - Vindjammer
 - Piraten in Batavia
 - Fjord rafting

Currently the following gastronomy offers are not in operation:
 - Restaurant Bamboe Baai
 - Fjord Restaurant

We ask for your understanding if some processes in parking operation are not working smoothly yet.

Note: currently the app can not be updated (waiting and show times).

Also, here is a look at Fjord Rafting after/during the fire.

260518brandtwee1.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 242 || Parks: 46

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sun May 27, 2018 12:03 am

The whole Scandinavian town appears to be wiped out. All that destruction :(

Edit: A new update from EP's official twitter says Vindjammer is still running but the monorail, Panorama Train and Dschungel-Floßfahrt are closed.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby indyv » Sun May 27, 2018 1:13 am

The German tv show "Immer wieder sonntags" that is live aired from the park also continues. You can even follow it live here.

Glad to hear that no one has been injured.
Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Star Trek: Operation Enterprise Movie Park Germany 10. Wodan Europa Park

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NightHawk » Sun May 27, 2018 1:21 am

Here you can see just HOW INSANELY FAST the fire started and spread.
Beginning with a bit of grey smoke at 0:25, it literally took a SINGLE 180° SPIN OF THE OBSERVATION TOWER till all was completely engulfed in flames and lost forever:

:cry:
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun May 27, 2018 7:21 am.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 am

robbalvey wrote:
Kooky wrote:On Twitter are pictures from Wodan wooden coaster burning too.... Sad day :cry:

Please do not post things on our forum unless you actually know what you are talking about. Last time I checked, the coaster at Margate in the UK looks NOTHING like Wodan. Don't be like Trump and spread Fake News. We are better than that.

Sorry, I should check that before posting, you are right. I life in a city close to the park and had a barbecue when all of our towns firefighters drive by in direction to the park. A friend just said that there are pictures of Wodan burning too. I already wondered how this could happen because Wodan is a good amount away of the pirates ride. I should have taken a good look at the picture than would have seen it is not Wodan. So sorry for that overhasty post. Just sad to see a part of my childhood in my home park burning down. But glad no one got serious injuries.
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 am

NightHawk wrote:Here you can see just HOW INSANELY FAST the fire started and spread.
Beginning with a bit of grey smoke at 0:25, it literally took a SINGLE 180° SPIN OF THE OBSERVATION TOWER till all was completely engulfed in flames and lost forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Saw-H1HZs

They never stood a chance. I'm surprised to hear they opened today but maybe it's for the best. The faster they can leave this behind them the faster they can work on filling the hole left by the fire.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 am

The devastating fire in Europa-Park has caused a lot of damage. Of the indoor dark ride Piraten in Batavia, only the entrance is left. The Scandinavian themed area was also largely destroyed. Particularly from the Monorail, the damage can be clearly seen. Although the fire has been under control since last night, it is still being damped down. The Norwegian church in the Scandinavian area was spared. Europa-Park opened as planned this morning. With the help of information boards visitors are informed that the themed areas Netherlands and Scandinavia are closed. In addition to Piraten in Batavia being closed, Fjord Rafting, Koffiekopjes and Dschungel-Floßfahrt are also out of use.

270518tow1.jpg

270518tow2.jpg

270518tow3.jpg

270518tow4.jpg

270518tow5.jpg

270518tow6.jpg

270518tow7.jpg

270518tow8.jpg

270518tow9.jpg

270518tow10.jpg

270518tow11.jpg

270518tow12.jpg

270518tow13.jpg

270518tow14.jpg

270518tow15.jpg

270518tow16.jpg

270518tow17.jpg

270518tow18.jpg

270518tow19.jpg

270518tow20.jpg

270518tow21.jpg

270518tow22.jpg

270518tow23.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 242 || Parks: 46

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 am

NightHawk wrote:Here you can see just HOW INSANELY FAST the fire started and spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Saw-H1HZs

In the time it took that one train on Silver Star to make it up the lift hill there was already a huge flame on that roof. Yikes.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 am

JordyC wrote:Also, here is a look at Fjord Rafting after/during the fire.

That building housed a really nice restaurant, with a great view of the Fjord Rafting. You could open those windows in the summer and look at the rapids below. Loved that place.

fjord-rafting_1920_wi_at_europa-park-10.jpg

Downstream there even was a balcony.

gastronomie_restaurant_fjord-restaurant_europa-park-04.jpg

gastronomie_restaurant_fjord-restaurant_europa-park-01.jpg

gastronomie_restaurant_fjord-restaurant_europa-park-03.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NightHawk » Sun May 27, 2018 7:22 am

Rubbing salt in the wound much... :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!