TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

I have two standout memories.

One, I was on Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood. On one of the bunny hops, an empty water bottle flew up into the air from the first row, floating like an object in outer space. A person in the third row raised up their arm and caught it. It was pretty awesome coordination.

Secondly, on Roar at SFDK many years ago (when the ride was still fairly new), two hunky college age guys decided to take their shirts off as they rode, and whirled them in the air like lassos for the rest of the ride. Being a gay man, and them being quite fit, my interest was definitely piqued. Sadly, this was before cell phone cameras were popular, or else I would have taken a picture... they were shirtless in the on ride photo, which I lingered over quite a bit on my way out. But I had never seen that before or since.

I took my youngest cousin on Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in DHS back in Christmas 2005. (On a side note, it was Disney-MGM Studios at the time - le nostalgia.) Mom and I offered to have her ride that with me, BOY WAS SHE SCARED. I found the ride pic of us funny, especially with my cousin covering her eyes!

The infamous Dizzy Bear ride featured on our visit to the "ghetto carnival" was lots of fun! We didn't even realize we were spinning for a good 30 seconds after the ride cycle was over.

• 1 month later...
The infamous Dizzy Bear ride featured on our visit to the "ghetto carnival" was lots of fun! We didn't even realize we were spinning for a good 30 seconds after the ride cycle was over.

We attempted spinning a Dizzy Dragon (Basically the same ride) but we ended up causing the ride to self e-stop. The carny told us that we have to tone down the spinning as it was throwing the ride off balance and the ride will self shut off. Didn't help that it was sitting on mud.

Recent funny (yet brutal) ride experience for me was riding Gold Striker about a month or so ago. Toward the end of the ride, TPR member Blue Fire Guy accidentally elbow punched me in the cheek (from having hands up). Earlier in the day, we (5 of us) rode the raft slide where heads were slamming into shoulders and noses were smashing into shoulders...Other moment consisted of relaxing in the lazy river when Blue Fire Guy attempts to flip me over as I floated along. Trying to keep balance, my flailing arms smacked him accidnetally. So yea...In short, the day's theme was "TPR members/friends beating each other up."

Last lap on Behemoth for Coasting for Kids. I took my shirt off for the entire ride, even when we were in the station, so of course I bought the on-ride photo. My favorite part is that there were two older women, also from CFK, riding in the front seats, I was in the 2nd row, and they had no idea that I had done it.

I was on Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island with my cousin and her husband. They're not enthusiasts like we are but they like coasters and will ride anything. Well they hadn't ridden Backlot in a while. My cousin was happy when she got in line and saw all the California theming since she lived in LA for a while. Well we got on the ride. She screamed the WHOLE time until the MCBR. And when that pyrotechnic effect went off, I heard a scream from behind me like somebody was getting murdered. We pulled into the final brakes with her trembling before she yelled "That's the scariest ride I've ever been on!" So she's ridden Dragster, Tatsu, X2, and BACKLOT STUNT COASTER was the scariest? XD

And that same trip, they forced me on Drop Tower (I'm TERRIFIED of heights and loathed the experience with a burning passion) and about 1/3 of the way up a kid two seats away from me started crying.

And at that same park on a different trip, we made the mistake of riding The Beast in a car full of teenage girls. Sounded like an entire Justin Bieber concert crammed into that little car.

At Carowinds, my dad brought his new iPhone on Nighthawk and it fell out of his pocket and he caught it.

Took my friend to Dollywood and got her on Thunderhead. She flashed the "rock on" hand gesture (fist with index and little fingers extended) to the camera. When we got off, her dad was looking at the photo booth and seemed very angry. We walk over and he asks "Patricia, WHAT is with the finger?" He pointed to our picture and the camera captured her metal fingers from the side and it looked like she was flipping the camera the "uh-oh" finger.

Whenever I get my dad on a "first" for him (his first flyer, his first hyper, his first dive machine, ect.) it's tradition for him to say "another fine mess you've gotten me into" on the lift hill.

At Kings Island, I wore an unbuttoned button-up shirt over a t-shirt on Diamondback. I didn't tuck the button-up into the bar very well, and whenever we went over a hill the restraint only had the tips of the shirt and it filled up with air like a sail and I looked like a giant blue blowfish flying over these hills.

My very first ride on i305 at KD (Oct. 2010), I was in the front row of the last car. As we went over the third airtime hill a camera flew out of someone's pocket and floated in midair in front of me. It was pretty cool looking too. On the brake run before the station, the guy behind me said "Who's ever camera that was.....I almost saved it but I didn't...sorry". Apparently he almost caught it but it slipped through his hands. Next thing I remember hearing was someone saying "Don't worry I work at Best Buys, I got you on that camera". I thought it was pretty funny.

Watching or riding the indoor tagadas that have popped up all over korea are always hilarious, they are everywhere in a lot of towns if you know where to look (normally called di-pangs 디팡 or disco-pang-pang 디스코팡팡), one opened in my small town earlier this year and are set up in their own room inside with a DJ, lots of disco lights and a spot-light. It's always great to watch it bounce to a music track gangnam style or for the DJ to choose one random person to spotlight, interview and send flying out of his seat onto the floor. They always seem to end with an insane cycle too that leaves nobody in their seat.

I'd say probably the night glow ERT on Phoenix last summer! One ride, we were passing this glowing hula-hoop from the front to the back of the train during the ride! Maybe I just thought it was hilarious how many rules there WEREN'T at Knoebels, the place is just awesome! There's was one point where we were on the train as it busted through the station without stopping TWICE! We got three rides on it without any break!

To anyone who is at all skeptical of the amazing-ness that is Knoebels, I was in your shoes at first too. Just go there, it's everything an amusement park should be! I can't wait to go back, hopefully with TPR too!

My dad & I visited Cedar Point back in 2010. Our first ride of the day was TTD, and he had absolutely no idea what to expect. Somehow we had gotten throughout the whole queue and onto the ride without him ever really paying attention to what the ride was or did. Needless to say, he was quite shocked by the whole thing. I so very much wish I had purchased the on-ride photo--the expression on his face at the end was absolutely priceless.

Every time I ride Ninja at SFOG I use the "Ninja brace position" and never experience any head banging, but it is hilarious watching all the people in front me smack their heads on the restraints. Also, this was kind of funny, but some dumbass dropped a basketball on the mindbender track in the station while the train was coming in and they just let the train run over the basketball and it got pushed out of the way, but everyone was panicking like there was some sort of accident.

Okay, this isn't a funny ride experience, but just a observation:

I have noticed that many riders that ride these intense rides have often found religion. You don't believe me? How often do you have certain riders often screaming out "OH MY GOD!!!" while going down that first drop?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, I find that offensive!"

"And why do you say that?

"Because when riders are going that that first hill, I never hear them say 'Oh my devil'! Why is that?"

"Because in case the riders do die, then they would go straight to Heaven because they found religion and were praying at that time.

"Aw, kiss my !!!"

Let's make post 6000 about something that happened last weekend at CGA. We had crammed 5 of us (Max capacity, clench 'n squish) on their log flume and at the end of the ride when approaching the turntable, our log stopped and didn't engage the table. Another log comes down and eventually nudges us. Of course we didn't go anywhere and actually drifted backwards with the log behind us. The next log came and nudged both of us...but nope, still didn't go anywhere. The ride operator then tried pulling our log to get it to catch. Somehow, finally our log moved forward and engaged the turntable. Was pretty hilarious!

Two weeks ago at Lake Compounce, I went with 3 of my friends. They aren't major park-goers, but thought it would be a fun day out. Before we got to the park, we went to Burger King. I had a chicken sandwich, but the rest of my friends really pigged out (2-3 burgers per person plus fries and a drink).

Flash forward to Lake Compounce. They had never been there so we pulled into the lot, I mentioned how two of the park's rides are built on the mountain (Boulder Dash and the Sky Ride). After riding Ghost Hunt, we were near Boulder Dash's entrance and they mentioned they wanted to go on the "mountain ride." I assumed they meant Boulder Dash so I was more than willing since it's my favorite coaster anywhere after the Coney Island Cyclone and Skyrush. Well it turns out they wanted to go on the Sky Ride since they were still digesting their food from lunch. I thoroughly enjoyed my ride (partially since I have an iron stomach), but my two of my friends were genuinely afraid they were going to upchuck their lunch. They also were a bit nervous with how fast Boulder Dash was since it was a wooden coaster and nicknamed it the Supersonic WTF Coaster haha.

This one's kind of an inside joke but it was REALLY funny.

I have a friend who has a lazy eye that points in instead of out, so he's fond of referring to himself as Derpy Hooves from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. One prank he likes to do is whenever he's ordering food or buying something is that he'll lean on the counter and stare the employee right in the face and say "Look into my eyes...you have been DERPED!!!" and just run away. A lot of people get confused, a lot of people laugh.

So we're at Kings Island and we're riding Boo Blasters. Our buggy passed a suit of armor and he leaned forward and said "Look into my eyes..." as a joke but before he could say "you have been derped," the animatronic piece of theming fell forward, as if it was looking into his eyes. Not another target was hit that ride because we were too busy laughing, it was SO funny!