TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

I'm so embarrassed! I decided to start another topic on the funniest thing that happened at a park that you saw happened or had happened to you, only to have my topic locked because we already have that topic posted.

"Well, why didn't you use the search engine?"

Well, I DID use the search engine and it gave me a bunch of mismatches that had nothing to do with the topic I submitted and I wasn't going to read all 2000 and some matches when the first ten or so were all junk! So I thought it was safe to post.

Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk (although it's okay to cry over a roller coaster that's not operating).

But since I'm here, I've got another funny story that happened at Carowinds and it happened to me.

I was standing in line to ride Borg and the queuing line is under the track. As a train came roaring past overhead, something hit me in the eye! Guess what it was? The object was an eyeliner brush and it was still wet with mascara. Somebody riding Borg lost their eyeliner brush as it flew out and painted my eyelashes (which is the very last thing I need). I got the attention of one of the attendents, but we couldn't find who lost their eyeliner brush.

"It's just my luck: why couldn't it be someone who lost some loose change. It had to be an eyeliner brush!

^It happens to the best of us!

I remember the first time ever seeing a ride on camera at Hershey Park's log flume. My brother and I were about 12 & 15 and we were with my parents.

My parents had a great idea to flip the bird to the camera (which is VERY uncharacteristic of them....especially my dad).

My parents thought nothing of trying to buy this photo and when they asked for two copies of number __ , the op said "why I never"...hit the delete key and told my parents that anymore obscene gestures and they will be kicked out of the park.

Don't parents make great role models!!??

So I was in South Korea, and I had just gotten off the first Skycoaster built over there at Seoul Land and after that I stayed to watch other people's reactions, and man were they funny.

A few clues:

OH MY MOTHER%$^3 GOD!!!

MY DEAR LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO ART IN HEAVEN...

AHHHHHH!!!

The reactions were HILARIOUS. Seriously.

I was in Sydney Australia, When I was about to get on the Wildmouse at Luna Park. The Ride op told the person infront of us that if you fall out you can go get the other guy that fell out too, Ok yes sounds stupid, but the people infront actually believed him.

It was me first time at SFGAM and I had just got off the Demon. I saw an item fly through the air from the cobra roll of Deja Vu (RIP). As it landed on the ground, I realized that it was a pocket knife! I walked towards it and a really young kid picks it up an runs away! I couldn't stop laughing the entire day!

^Still, how do you get a pocket knife through metal detectors!?

Fright Fest 2006:Some girl behind me lost her shoe on Iron Wolf. How you can lose a shoe on a stand-up is beyond me, but she found a way.

Fright Fest 2007: While not funny, it was insane as the park was filled beyond capacity. Food stand were running out of food, and every coaster/major ride had really really long lines. The line for S:UF out of Orleans Place into Carousel Plaza. People were still coming in at 9 p.m even though the sign said to come another day.

Yeah, it was really bad, but completely insane

Of course, the moment the cars on Superman go in to the flying position is always good for a laugh.

OH OH OH I Have one!! I have one... Ok... So Tony and I were on "Revenge of The Mummy" At Universal Orlando... we rode the entire ride and when we got off this lady infront of us was talking to the other people in her party and she said to them... "Now that had to have been the Mummy." Tony and I were like... "NO WAY... I thought it was Cat In The Hat!" Then we just walked away!!

~Matthew

I was on Maliboomer at DCA with my brother, sitting, waiting to launch. They were operating 3 towers, so people were sitting across from us looking nervous as they also waited to launch on their tower.

My brother said, "Watch this," pointed at the lady directly across from us and shouted "YOUR BELT IS UNBUCKLED!!!" She quickly bent forward and looked down at her belt, all panicked, just as her tower launched, blasting her head down towards her crotch and into that plastic shield.

It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. My brother is a jerk.

^That's just plain cruel, but still funny!

My funny experience was when I rode Top Thrill Dragster. We rode it at night, and I told my dad that I was going to hold my hands up. So we got into the train (which was splattered with bugs) and we pulled foward into the launch platform. I decided to hold my hand in front of my face so I wouldn't get bugs in my eye. We launched and the first picture snapped. I had a big smille on my face, but as we went up the tower I got a HUGE cramp in my hip! We twisted down down and the second picture snapped. The smile wasn't on my face anymore, and my hand was on my hip. I looked more like I was being torchured. We pulled into the unloading station and the worker said, "Welcome back riders! How was you ride?" My dad said, "Tasty!" and I screamed, "Get me off!" Now I know why they say arms down, head back, and hold on. When we saw my picture we laughed our faces off. It was so funny.

One time I was at the spring carnival in town and I was riding the pirate ship. My friend was feeling sick so I went on alone and I was like 10 and these 16 or 17 year olds came and sat in the same row as me, and the row in front of me. When the ship was at its highest and about to come down I spit a big juicy loogie. With the gravity and everything the spit when away from us, but then it came right back and hit one of the teenagers in the row in front of me right in the face. All his friends were all laughing incredibly hard and so was I.

A few interesting moments...

1) School trip to Canobie Lake. The Yankee Cannonball breaks down while I'm on it.

2) SFMM... On Goldrusher, I sat in the far back. It completes its circuit (DAMN that helix came out of nowhere) and I a stay seated; I'm the only person on the ride. On the first lift, I turn around. The ride op is like, "Please turn around." The funny thing is that I pulled the same stunt on the first circuit and he didn't care.

3) On Tatsu, the train enters the pretzel loop. At the bottom, I realizer that in about five seconds, all the change in my pocket is going to fall 100+ feet.

4) My sister reriding Psyclone over and over.

5) On Mummy (at USH) my cell phone rings. I'm trying to explain that I can't talk now over the noise of the coaster.

6) Riding Scream. The op does his "Let me hear you scream!!!" thing. I'm the only person in the train; I say, "Whee" in a bored tone. The train dispatches, the ride op goes "The Wii sucks!" and I immediately yell, "The Wii does NOT suck!"

So me and my mom are at The Great Escape. I figued it'd be a great place to test her limits. She was doing okay; couldn't get her on the Commet (considering the last time we went to the park 6+ years ago my dad kept calling it the vomit commet) the biggest coaster I could get her on was the Alpine Bobsleds.

I told her it was just like sledding...... it'd be a smooth fun ride...

Heheh. They had just opened it up after the rain, and we were whipping around and slamming into the breaks and she was wailing. Screaming. I swear she could've peed herself if she paniced just a bit more.

So we return to the station, and there is no one in line. So I start begging the ride ops to let us go again, showing my knowledge and skill showing them the "lock restraint" hand sign and beg and plead for one more time. My mom is screaming, terriefied "NO! NOT AGAIN!"

Aaaaaaaaaand were off. My mom cussed and swore at me the whole time.

It was awesome.

When me and my sister were waiting in line for Maverick there were these 2 annoying teenagers behind us talking about how TTD was a baby ride and it didn't scare them at all and what not. Well me and Sarah got the very back seats( )and the two "fearless" teens got the seats in front of us. We get launched up the hill and we ALL yell "HOLY CRAP!" at the same time, and when we go down the drop me and Sarah don't stop screaming the whole time, and at the end after we get off we see them all pale and shaky. After that we rode Millennium Force. I think the two teens went to CCMR to calm their fried nerves.

^She was lucky not to get her feet chopped in one of those low-to-the ground turns... and how could she possibly not have her feet in the restraints?

I guess this is quite dangerous since your entire weight leans on the body harness...

Well I've got two funny stories about my nephew. I'm the one who got him to actually ride roller coasters, big ones that is. The first "big" coaster I got him on was the racers at King's Island, he was probably 7 at the time. I got him to ride because I told him the coasters race each other. We go over the first hill and he is almost in tears and scared to death. He looks that way through the whole first part of the coaster. We get to the turnaround point and are heading back. He looks over at me with tears in his eyes, holding on for dear life and says all shaky "Are we wiiiiiiinniiiiiiiing?" I told him that we were and had to turn away because I was laughing.

The next experience was on Apollo's Chariot. He was 9 at this point I think. This was the biggest coaster he'd ever ridden. From the ground, it doesn't look that daunting but when you're going up that hill and have never been in seats like that before it's scary. I'll admit I got scared but I had to put on the brave face for him. We're going up the hill, higher and higher and higher, and he's getting more scared and more scared. He starts freaking out a little and I tell him to just close his eyes. He did but then opens them almost at the top of the hill and starts crying. I'm like "It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay." This random woman next to him starts to console him too and says, "Oh honey, it's gonna be okay" right at the point where we go over the hill and then she starts screaming in his face. After the hill, he loved it though and was yelling at the top of his lungs he loved it so much. He chose not to ride any more coasters that day though, lol. He's just like me, I hate the climb up the hill but love everything thereafter.

• 1 year later...

Hey Ya!!!

Guess what? It's been nearly two years since the last time someone posted a reply on this thread. That means at least two seasons of something funny or outright hilarious had to happen to any of the many amusement parks that has yet been posted. It could have happened to you or to something you saw that made you laugh out loud.

"Now that you brought this thread back, you got anything to add?"

Well, I used up a good one on the "Are you a screamer, laugher, or whooper?" thread. So I can use this little story on a little known park near Williamsburg, Virginia called "Go-Karts Plus".

"Hey, how about that? Our park has finally been mentioned. We are going to be famous!"

They have this water wars attraction in which you buy water balloons, go out to you firing stations, put a water-filled balloon into the slingshot, and fire away at the other team. On the top of these stations is a target: once it gets hit it fires out a depth charge (more water is splashed onto your adversary). One poor kid got nailed three times with the depth charge and was soaking wet. But that isn't the best part: when the kid walked out of the station, he decided to take off his pants. His mom stopped him, but the kid replied "That's okay. mom; I'm wearing clean underwear."

Okay, that's my funny story to continue on this thread. What's yours?

Hey Ya!!!

Guess what? It's been nearly two years since the last time someone posted a reply on this thread. That means at least two seasons of something funny or outright hilarious had to happen to any of the many amusement parks that has yet been posted. It could have happened to you or to something you saw that made you laugh out loud.

"Now that you brought this thread back, you got anything to add?"

Well, I used up a good one on the "Are you a screamer, laugher, or whooper?" thread. So I can use this little story on a little known park near Williamsburg, Virginia called "Go-Karts Plus".

"Hey, how about that? Our park has finally been mentioned. We are going to be famous!"

They have this water wars attraction in which you buy water balloons, go out to you firing stations, put a water-filled balloon into the slingshot, and fire away at the other team. On the top of these stations is a target: once it gets hit it fires out a depth charge (more water is splashed onto your adversary). One poor kid got nailed three times with the depth charge and was soaking wet. But that isn't the best part: when the kid walked out of the station, he decided to take off his pants. His mom stopped him, but the kid replied "That's okay. mom; I'm wearing clean underwear."

Okay, that's my funny story to continue on this thread. What's yours?

ROFLMFAO!

It was the day right after junior Prom, me and a group of friends decided to go to SFMM.

We rode Goliath and for some reason, one of my friends just started laughing uncontrollably. It set off a chain reaction and we all just couldn't stop laughing, the entire ride. I don't exactly know what happened, but we ended up making plenty of weird noises made through the ride, which made us laugh even harder. While dropping into the "helix of death", one of my friends, who happened to be sitting in front of another friend, started drooling uncontrollably, while laughing. All of a sudden we hear, "AW, YOU JUST DROOLED INTO MY MOUTH!"

More laughter. And that laughter continued for about 10 minutes after the ride ended. We then rode Goliath the rest of the night. That has to be one of the most hilarious experiences I've had on a ride with my friends, lol. Nonstop laughter the whole way through, for no reason!

About two years ago at Knoebels, I was waiting in line to ride the bumper boats. The cycle before mine ends and the boats return to the loading dock. The ops come around to tie the boats to the dock and hold them so people could get out. One kid on the end was able to tie his boat up, but didn't wait for someone to come and steady the boat for him. He stands up and puts one foot on the platform and the boat starts drifting. Two seconds later, he's in the water, soaked from head to toe. His only words..."Well, this sucks."