TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a weird fact about the Dragon Legend at Romon World park in China.

According to RCDB the ride has no brake run so the train blows through the station and is stopped by the launch LSM which push the train back to the station. Also Dragon Legend's layout is very similar to Freischütz. The main difference is Dragon Legend has only one heartline row along with a few minor differences.

^ Ah, I forgot that La Ronde has a BTR clone. In that case Le Vanpire is the only BTR clone in the SF chain not ever to be named BTR.

I fixed my mistake.

^ Yeah I know about Goliath. I was trying say Le Vampire is the only SF BTR clone not ever named BTR. That's mistake is fixed now.

O think the TTD thing is possible (due to reasons I cannot say on this forum due to hate)

If I remember correctly, that layout was made (or at least made popular) by Absolutely Reliable News and Rumors, a website that specialized in satire and sh*tting on whiny coaster enthusiasts. Not surprisingly it was always one of my favorite websites.

O think the TTD thing is possible (due to reasons I cannot say on this forum due to hate)

If I remember correctly, that layout was made (or at least made popular) by Absolutely Reliable News and Rumors, a website that specialized in satire and sh*tting on whiny coaster enthusiasts. Not surprisingly it was always one of my favorite websites.

If that's true that is extremely hilarious, because so many of the people the page makes fun of believe it's true.

Regardless, I really love that page.

• 2 weeks later...

1,258,387 rides were given on El Toro in 2016. Theoretically, this means each of the two trains traveled at least 17,478 cycles around the track. That's 76,903,200 feet or 14,565 miles each. And if you factor in the 4 "Intamin Farts" given off during the ride, that's approximately 139,824 farts combined between the two trains.

. And if you factor in the 4 "Intamin Farts" given off during the ride, that's approximately 139,824 farts combined between the two trains.

Wait what? Intamin Farts?

Only the best coaster noise ever dude.

Edited by El Toro_Ryan

1,258,387 rides were given on El Toro in 2016. Theoretically, this means each of the two trains traveled at least 17,478 cycles around the track. That's 76,903,200 feet or 14,565 miles each. And if you factor in the 4 "Intamin Farts" given off during the ride, that's approximately 139,824 farts combined between the two trains.

This is beautiful.

The sound made when an Intamin Prefab flies over an airtime hill.

This is beautiful.

The sound made when an Intamin Prefab flies over an airtime hill.

Smells like a funnel cake for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I was thinking about this as I read the CP thread, what coaster and what ride have the highest annual ridership in the world?

I'm thinking Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion at MK.

I'm going to go with the WDW Monorail.

I always forget how much I enjoy reading and posting in this thread! Interesting stuff.

1999 was the year with the most new B&Ms opening. We got Afterburn, Apollo's Chariot, Batman the Ride (SFOT), Medusa/Bizarro, Dragon Challenge (2 coasters?), Georgia Scorcher, Incredible Hulk, and Raging Bull. And of these 8 (or 9?) coasters, 4 were at Six Flags parks! That's crazy to think since Six Flags have been B&M dry since 2012, and the only comparable year where they purchased that many B&Ms is 2006 (two Goliaths and Tatsu).

Also, 2005 was the year with the most Intamin Accelerator coasters opening. We got Kanonen, Kingda Ka, Rita, Skycar, and Superman Escape. And of these 5 coasters, they cover 4 continents! Intamin sure was busy that year.

I always forget how much I enjoy reading and posting in this thread! Interesting stuff.

1999 was the year with the most new B&Ms opening. We got Afterburn, Apollo's Chariot, Batman the Ride (SFOT), Medusa/Bizarro, Dragon Challenge (2 coasters?), Georgia Scorcher, Incredible Hulk, and Raging Bull. And of these 8 (or 9?) coasters, 4 were at Six Flags parks! That's crazy to think since Six Flags have been B&M dry since 2012, and the only comparable year where they purchased that many B&Ms is 2006 (two Goliaths and Tatsu).

Also, 2005 was the year with the most Intamin Accelerator coasters opening. We got Kanonen, Kingda Ka, Rita, Skycar, and Superman Escape. And of these 5 coasters, they cover 4 continents! Intamin sure was busy that year.

I remember a rumor that Six Flags tried to cut costs that year and wanted to cancel Raging Bull but it was too late, so they downsized Georgia Scorcher which was originally supposed to be the size of Chang and Riddler's Revenge. Not sure how true that was, but interesting nonetheless

I remember a rumor that Six Flags tried to cut costs that year and wanted to cancel Raging Bull but it was too late, so they downsized Georgia Scorcher which was originally supposed to be the size of Chang and Riddler's Revenge. Not sure how true that was, but interesting nonetheless

You know, I've always thought it was odd for Six Flags to go for a smaller stand-up after the progression the coaster type had gone though. So that totally makes sense.