TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Page 45 - New Coaster for 2021!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard from a reliable source that "it's gonna be a while" before the coaster starts going up.  They want to do it right, sometimes that takes a longer time than hoped for.

I'm always pretty patient about these things. Absolutely better for a coaster to be built right than quickly. But knowing the history of this one, y'all take as long as you need to fix it up safe.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, tanthonyam said:

I hope thats not the final name for the coaster. Pretty bland.

I don't mind it.  It spent most of its life being called "Dreier Looping," which literally translates to "Triple Loop."  Then again, I also see nothing wrong with CF naming their drop towers "Drop Tower."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It just hit me. Indiana Beach should stick with their Midwest theme and name this coaster "Corn Drier".🤣

I've never had the pleasure of traversing a Swartzkoph loop, so I'm feeling the suspense in awaiting its completion. Though I'm not surprised it has taken that long with all the work that is potentially needed.

Unless something else comes up, this will be my very first visit to Indiana Beach.

QUESTION!! (as I don't follow this park very close at all) Do we know the progress of the new coaster?? Looking at visiting the park for the first time next month, and really hoping it's going to be open by then!

4 minutes ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

QUESTION!! (as I don't follow this park very close at all) Do we know the progress of the new coaster?? Looking at visiting the park for the first time next month, and really hoping it's going to be open by then!

Probably not.  On the 15th of this month, only 1 loop was together and half painted.  Another loop was starting to go up.

• Like 1

I wonder if it will debut in this season, at all. It's good IB is taking its time. I might save my first visit until next year when it will surely be up and running.

• Like 1

Maybe they're waiting for lumber prices to go down...... What I mean is at this point it's probably cheaper to paint and erect the coaster than it is to build the station, so there's no hurry, right?

(joking/not joking)

It will probably need quite a bit of testing once it is all assembled.  The coaster needs some tlc and I would imagine after what happened in Mexico, testing might take some time.