TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite Flat ride?

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I always said nothing could compete with a HUSS Enterprise. I love a good, crazy modern flat ride - I'll do almost anything to get on a KMG Spinout or Mondial Top Scan, or Zamperla Power Surge...but in the end I'd always go back to the Enterprise.

Then Kennywood built Black Widow. I'm not quite so sure anymore...

Fabbri Hard Rock (I think it was also called the whirling dervish in RCT3) for sure.

I really wish that a park would put one in or they would start making them again. The experience truly is something else, really disorienting and if you find one with a good cycle there's some great WTFAMIDOING moments when it drops back down towards the floor and it seems like it'll scrape your head off.

Fabbri Hard Rock (I think it was also called the whirling dervish in RCT3) for sure.

I really wish that a park would put one in or they would start making them again. The experience truly is something else, really disorienting and if you find one with a good cycle there's some great WTFAMIDOING moments when it drops back down towards the floor and it seems like it'll scrape your head off.

That thing looks awesome! We do not have anything neat like that here in Maryland at our carnivals.

• 2 weeks later...

My fav has to be the Chance Zipper.. it may be sketchy, but hey, it's fun and intense, with lots of airtime and crushing Gs. Plus, They're nearly everywhere at carnivals, meaning that when the fair comes to town, I can ride it without having to drive across the country like some other larger rides at permanent parks... Speaking of permanent parks, I've gotta say that my favourite permanent flat, not at a carnival has to be the giant frizbee style rides, with the Mondail Revolution being the best model i've rode so far.

I love a good Tilt-A-Whirl.

Cedar Point's is the best I have ridden. You can really get that this spinning!

Coney Island Cincinnati has one too, but I have only been to that park once.

I want KI to get one so bad!

Well, speaking of the zipper, here's some Offride footage of the zipper I shot yesterday at a medium sized carnival that happened to be down the street from where I was staying. The ride is owned by Campbell Amusements of Brantford, Ontario, Canada. Sadly, I didn't get to ride it, as It started to pour rain before my friend could show up with money for tickets,and unlike the fair that comes to my hometown, where I'm somewhat known for being an enthusiast, & the carnies are sometimes willing to give me free rides, these guys didnt seem like they'd do that

Anyway, here's the vid... Enjoy!

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw4s8duyYJ-Q&ei=B6mZUaiNN-qB0QHOoYAY&usg=AFQjCNG1Cqv8Tt8aYRZ5Pr3l4-_1CPgrHQ&sig2=0CuaREKM5X4GEH6j2dC6gA