TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

WildMouse, is there any other concept art besides the one small image? Some details would be great as I am planning on hitting DW and BGE in 2007.

Not that I know of unfortunatly.

No doubt Dollywood want to 'try' and keep things (well, at least the layout) as secret as possible until the big anouncement in the summer.

I was at Dollywood about a month ago, and the neatest thing happened:

I was sitting down eating a pulled pork sandwich (mmmmm), and a sweep came up to us. He was probably in his 60's. He asked us how our pulled pork sandwich was, and asked us if we were enjoying our day. I was floored. I also couldn't believe how many employees asked us where we were from. I worked at Cedar Point for three summers, and I was so impressed with the professional attitude of the employees. Safety was of course their number one concern, but they didn't bark at the guests like we were told to at my prior workplace. It really makes the day a complete blast, no matter what kind of rides Dollywood has. Dollywood really is the friendliest park I've ever visited!

• 3 weeks later...

Dollywood is releasing a series of films that will culminate July 7th. This is a film serial that tells the story of Tennessee's Mystery Mine. The serial will be release a segment every Friday during June. Part one of the series on the Tennessee mine mystery went up this morning. It is on googlevideo, ifilm.com, youtube and other places.

See www.mysterymine.com for more information.

Check it out and let me know what you think. You will be blown away on the 7th when you see the entire package.

After watching that video I can say this must be some project for the park to go to these lenths...im excited! Im thinking its going to incorporate some scary storyline for the ride. Maybe its gonna be the tower of terror of the mountians lol!

Jarvis "is it next friday yet?" Morant

Wheeeeee, let the fun begin!

This appears to be one of the best-quality website/commercials to a pre-ride announcement in recent memory. One of the last classic one's I loved was the one from BGE before BBW opened in 84.

From About.com

Dolly Parton Likes Putting Her Attractions Out in Front

The 2006 theme park season has barely begun, and once again Dollywood is among the first to announce a new ride for the 2007 season. The Smoky Mountain park, part paean to all things Dolly, part country music shrine, and part celebration of Appalachian culture, has been doing its part over the last few years to also become part thrill ride park. Last season, it added a wood coaster, The Thunderhead, to great acclaim. This year, the Tennessee park opened Timber Tower, the first thrill ride of its kind in North America. For the 2007 season, it will launch Mystery Mine. For now, the ride is officially a mystery, but rumor has it that it will be a highly themed coaster with a 120-foot vertical drop into a dark, haunted, animatronic- and special effects-filled mineshaft. Dollywood has created a Mystery Mine site that includes a teaser video, but little else. According to the site, more info will be forthcoming June 9.

Teaser Video Link- http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/default.htm

Dolywood gets better and better every year putting something amazing in making people come back every year. I haven't been there since the opening of thunderhead but I must take a trip when Mystery Mine opens.

Dolly Parton Likes Putting Her Attractions Out in Front

I'm wondering if this thing's gonna be a Euro Fighter or what...only other real vertical drop coaster would be a Dive Machine or a Vekoma Tilt Coaster...hmm.

Is it Gerstlauer or Maurer Sohne that has the "drifting" cars available? That would be really cool to simulate a dilapidated mine train.

The broken trestle (that's actually the vertical drop" looks awesome in the concept art, and apparently it's the only outdoor section on the ride. Damn, Dollywood... talk about impressive, keep up the excellent work!

Is it Gerstlauer or Maurer Sohne that has the "drifting" cars available? That would be really cool to simulate a dilapidated mine train.

The broken trestle (that's actually the vertical drop" looks awesome in the concept art, and apparently it's the only outdoor section on the ride. Damn, Dollywood... talk about impressive, keep up the excellent work!

its mack coasters!