TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I believe there was an earlier post in this forum as well as an article released that DW will be adding attractions over the next 5 yrs. within the park. So, that certainly spells good news for DW fans and the park as well.

Great Photos! I can see now why it will take roughly a year to complete; this thing/theming is going to be massive. I certainly hope that the front car lights-up as in the artist drawing shows.

wow .. there go the paths in DW for a while as they rip them up to run the fibre lines .. if this can't work effectively in a park like SFOT, with no hills .. I can't imagine the issues they are going to have with DW.

Seems as if they may have improved the original design, but still isn't that great of a system when it's always been run wrong.

Thank's for all the information! I'm still not sure how this will work, I have never used the system before, but I go to Dollywood all the time. I'm going there this Saturday to check out their new area. Dolly will be on park on September 15th to kick-off the "Bluegrass and BBQ" festival and launch her new cookbook. I wonder if she will mention this new system and the Mystery Mine?

Thanks again!

This is good news, but I have never had issues with lines at Dollywood anyway. I have been when the park is so crowded that the parking lot is completely full, and the lines are never that bad. I have never waited over 45mins at DW. The magority of the peeps are older and go to all the shows anyway. But YEAH for DW.

Jarmor, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they think having this type of system will help with the crowds for next year. Speaking of the Mystery Mine, I noticed they added a new animated opening sequence to the site today. I think the boots even highlight when they appear on screen and you roll over them with the cursor. Check it out http://www.mysterymine.com.

I'm also a bit surprised by this addition, but I guess it won't really hurt anything. I rarely experienced a long wait there in the past, but at least now I don't have to plan my trip around an off peak time.

Agreed. I've been there during the busiest times of the year, and Dollywood always manages to keep the lines moving quickly.

I think I heard a while back, but these may be used mostly for shows.

I think this will be used mostly for the shows again, and possibly discounts on dining, etc.

There were alot of things we worked on for the SF system, many of which were shot down by the previous management .. but they included walking by games and getting discounts, updated show schedules, etc. It was some really good stuff that sadly alot never saw the light of day.

Some do use the show schedule updates, but not as they were intended.

only some of the six flags lo-q systems are screwed up. I know SFGAdv works on giving you half the actual line time. thats how it gets screwed up. SFOT works on how many people with q-bots are before you and it does it like every minute. and you can show up 5 minutes early which is nice