TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

Usually it doesn't bother me much. But I had this one experience on Disaster Transport, where these girls 13-15 years old were screaming at the top of their lungs from the beginning to the end of the ride, right in my ear. I was wishing for the ride to end...

I'm more of a Woohoo and WEEEE type of person, but if a coaster really rocks, I'll yell.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People screaming don't bother me at all. Teenage kids messing around on a ride do annoy me though.

I swear if the ride is really bad but I dont think I have screamed on a ride. I tried to scream on the Incredible Hulk ride in Florida my first big coaster but failed lol

It doesn't bother me that much.

I think it adds to the atmosphere a bit. And it makes the ride seem scarier.

I agree. Usually screaming, doesn't bother me much, but sometimes when you visit a park during 'school trip season' there are lots of screaming kids, who scream all the time, on nearly all the rides, which is quite annoying.

Hmm.. Well It doesn't bother me when people scream for real because they are really scared. ACtually, it's quite humorous. But then, you have these jackasses that scream as loud as they can for the fun of it. That annoys the crap out of me. I think I've only screamed ONCE on a rollercoaster, and it was my first one. And wouldn't you know it, Superman Ride of Steel at SFDL

I do both scream and whoo, not because the rides are actually scary, but mostly because it's fun. Trust me, no one wants to be on a coaster with an entire train of quiet riders...that would be ultimate boredom...I sometimes get on rides by the amount of screams...it tells me that it's gonna be a fun ride if not a scary ride.

• 3 years later...
"I don't care" was my response.

I only hate it when it's really obnoxious, pointless screaming. For example, my friends and i were on a pirate ship, and a bunch of 10 year olds sitting directly behind us would scream every time our side went up. i wanted to strangle them. instead, i stuck my fingers in my ears. lol.

No lie. I can for the most part handle the typical screams that come naturally when the fun begins, but those morons screaming that high pitch girly scream when no one else on the ride is "because they feel like being loud" - is where I draw the line.

Unfortunately, a lot of younger riders habitually scream on parts of rides they shouldn't, particularly, sad to say, girls aged 10-17. When my Dad and I rode the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland in California, we were ready to maim these two girls in the chair right behind ours that were screaming as loud as they could over and over throughout the WHOLE ride. Nobody yelled at them or said anything at all to them even though we were both hollering in disgust about it afterwards, so...that ride was ruined for me.

This poll really needs another option "Depends on the situation and tone of scream"...I wonder how many votes THAT would get!!

I have no problem with screaming at all. It's what coasters are about.

It's almost like if people were to get mad when enthusiasts wish to be unstapled and put their hands up on a ride.

I've heard that a majority of ACErs hate screaming which is why they like their ERT so much. Personally I think if you don't yell and scream to much on a coaster, you're missing some of the fun.

I know myself, I'm a combo of a woohoo type of guy and a laugher, I really have no issues with screaming, it's when it's unneccessary. That and these idiots who throw up the rock on hand sign and going 'yeah baby!' throughout the entire ride.

There's being silly and having a good time, and then there's being a flippin' moron that draws the line.

I have to agree that screaming adds to the atmosphere. But when people scream like idiots for no reason on little parts of the ride, is just down right annoying. When I went to SFGAm two years ago, I went on Whizzer and this annoying girl (about 19 or so) behind started to scream on the top of her lungs for no reason what so ever. It was piecing my ears. The people in front of me were pretty annoyed too. I could't help it so I told her to Shut up. She gave me that "What's your problem" look at me. She didn't say anything else through out the ride. I did feel bad for being rude to her though, but I really didn't want to have to deal with that through the whole thing.

I normally don't mind it.....The one thing I can't stand is when people scream as the train is leaving the station or on a rides pre-lift section. A good example of this is Nitro. I hate it when some a**hole thinks its funny to scream at the top of his lungs on the pre-lift.