TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Six Flags St. Louis

2016: Ninja is removed. Harley Quinn's SpinSanity (S&S 4D Free Spin coaster) is added in its spot. Screamin' Eagle receives minor renovations (like a refreshed queue) for its 40th anniversary. Batman goes backwards during spring and summer.

2017: Manta, a new ProSlide HydroMagnetic water coaster, is added to Hurricane Harbor.

2018: Two new rides replace Tidal Wave: Soaring Eagles (Larson Flying Scooters) and Route 66 Express (Zamperla family coaster).

2019: More flat rides added to Illinois area: Hurler (Tilt a Whirl) and Traffic Jam (Bumper Cars).

2020: Iron Boss (RMC redo of Boss).

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin's Fantasy Island

2016 - New (log) flume water ride

2017 - Water park expansion and removal of Raging Rapids mat slides

2018 - Minor park improvements (like repainted rides)

2019 - Retracking of Silver Comet as "Steel Comet"

2020 - New flat rides

Why is no one putting intamins in their predictions?

Yeah, we totally should.

2016: Six Flags Over Manhattan, a brand-new park, is built in 2 weeks. It's in Manhattan, Kansas. The star attraction is an Intamin racing woodie that is an exact clone of American Eagle. In fact, that's the only attraction. The whole park is that coaster, one bathroom, and a Johnny Rocket's.

2017: Six Flags revamps their marketing so that people know it's in Kansas and not New York. Park renamed "Six Flags Over Manhattan, Kansas--That's in Kansas, Everybody. You Know, With More Corn And Fewer Empire State Buildings." A new Vertical Velocity is built, and nothing else.

2018: Debut of a new Intamin prefab woodie. The park celebrates now having three rides total.

2019: Park decides the name is too long and renames itself "Six Flags Over Intamins." New name coincides with Intamin giga debut.

2020: Park celebrates the construction of its fifth Intamin coaster (and fifth ride of any kind), a 500-foot strata that launches at 151 mph and therefore can be marketed as the fastest coaster in the world. The park also constructs its second bathroom. There is still absolutely nothing else in the park. Roller coasters are all you need. And a Johnny Rocket's. Gotta have one of those.

Six Flags St. Louis

2016: Ninja is removed. Harley Quinn's SpinSanity (S&S 4D Free Spin coaster) is added in its spot. Screamin' Eagle receives minor renovations (like a refreshed queue) for its 40th anniversary. Batman goes backwards during spring and summer.

2017: Manta, a new ProSlide HydroMagnetic water coaster, is added to Hurricane Harbor.

2018: Two new rides replace Tidal Wave: Soaring Eagles (Larson Flying Scooters) and Route 66 Express (Zamperla family coaster).

2019: More flat rides added to Illinois area: Hurler (Tilt a Whirl) and Traffic Jam (Bumper Cars).

I always though a Euro Fighter like DDD at SFOG would be a good Ninja Replacement. Or an X-Flight/X Clone.

Six Flags St. Louis

I always though a Euro Fighter like DDD at SFOG would be a good Ninja Replacement. Or an X-Flight/X Clone.

I've never understood why the Euro Fighters, or for that matter the wing riders never took off for Six Flags, they're both fantastic rides and would fit in at almost any park.

My prediction for Great Adventure....

2016: Clone of B:TR at SFFT, located in a newly revamped Old Country.

2017: Justice League dark ride located in the old simulator building.

2018: New waterslide at HH, small dry park improvements.

2019: Bizarro is removed and relocated to smaller SF park, with a new RMC taking its place.

2020: Small flats package.

My 5 year plan for Michigan's Adventure

2016- S&S Tower

2017- Chance Hyper GTX Coaster

2018- Off Year

2019- Camp Snoopy- Think it fits better than Planet Snoopy.

2020- Water slides repainted replacing the ugly boring cream color with more vibrant colors.

My 5 year plan for California's Great America:

2016- Vortex's Stand-Up trains replaced with b&m sit down trains

2017-Windseeker in the Invertigarden. Grizzly or Demon removed.

2018- Chance Hyper Gtx added in either Grizzlys or Demons spot.

2019- Small improvements

2020- Lauched coaster replaces Rapids ride and uses area by Flight Deck

• 3 months later...

Michigan's Adventure

2016: Planet Snoopy (P.S.) added near Wolverine Wildcat. Relocate Timbertown Railroad station next to Shivering Timbers. Move some of the existing kiddie rides to P.S. and re-theme some of them (i.e. Frog Hopper to Woodstock's Airmail). Move Big Dipper to P.S. and rename it Woodstock Express.

2017: Gerstlauer EuroFighter or S&S El Loco. Even the Chance Hyper GTX.

2018: Some sort of expansion of Wild Water Adventure.

2019: Add a Vekoma Family Suspended coaster, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, to P.S.. Possibly re-tracking of wooden coasters.

2020: Two possibilities. An S&S tower ride OR a B&M Floorless (the last one is wishful hoping).

SeaWorld Parks:

San Diego

2016: New Dolphin Show (confirmed)

2017: New Sea Lion Show

2018: Blue World Project

2019: New Slides at Aquatica

2020: New Shamu Show

Orlando

2016: Mako (confirmed)

2017: Off-year, refurbish JTA inside and add themeing Parking Lot: The Ride(Kraken)

2018: New Dolphin Show to replace Blue Horizons, expand back pools as well

2019: Off-year, redo animation for rides such as Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin and Turtle Trek

2020: Blue World Project, New Shamu Show

San Antonio

2016: Dolphin Point (confirmed)

2017: Off-year, general park improvements such as new signing and more areas to sit and rest

2018: Add Mako as a MACK launch coaster like Manta(SWSD) except faster, longer and a bit taller. Located right next to Sharks/Coral Reef

2019: New Slides at Aquatica

2020: New Shamu Show (Construction on Blue World Begins)

Adventureland (Iowa)

2015 - Small improvements. / Star Wars battle pods. / New beer tent by Storm Chaser. [Known]

2016 - Tearing down of Log Flume. / Monster roller coaster from Gerstlauer (First coaster for park in 20 years). [Known]

2017 - Small improvements. / Refurbished bridge to Dragon Island. / Add lights on all coasters.

2018 - Build new log ride in the area of Raging River with lights and on ride photo.

2019 - Small kiddie ride.

2020 - New Coaster OR Tear down Dragon rebuild replacement OR tear down Tornado and rebuild replacement by RMC.

All years are very realistic for my home park except for 2020. I really am curious where they will go after 2016 with Monster. Truthfully I can see them being quiet for 10 more years only adding little additions but you never know. The past five years has been BIG for them. Why stop now?

I'm going to re-visit my SFA prediction.

2016: Water park expansion (confirmed), maybe a flat if they're feeling frisky. The rumored air race would be killer.

2017: With Gadv likely getting the Free Fly in '16, an RMC would be the best thing ever. A custom wooden coaster either replacing Roar or somewhere in the field between Coyote Creek/Gotham City.

2018: Off year, maybe a kiddie ride expansion

2019: Justice League dark ride

2020: Water park expansion. The locals love this water park, and it's actually really good for anything SF related

Magic Springs (Wish)

2016- Proslide Tornado/ Behemoth Bowl/ Hydro Magnetic Watercoaster in Crystal Lagoon/ Flat near Arkansas Twister

2017- Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster over one of the lakes?/ New T3 Trains on Gauntlet

2018- Sally Interactive Dark Ride near Gauntlet/ Pathway from Gauntlet that goes under the Plummet Summit Lift/Drop getting rid of the Dead End/ New Individual Lap Bar trains on Big Bad John

2019- RMC Arkansas Twister with Steeper Drops, Inversions, and Over Bank turns

2020- Kids Area Expansion

For Darien Lake (yet again!)

2016 - New ownership/mangement

2017 - New coaster to go into where Cuda Falls was

2018 - New flat rides to replace the older ones from the 1980s

2019 - Water park expansion

2020 - New kiddie area

Kings Dominion (speculation and purely IMO):

2016: Shockwave removed (confirmed!); Disk'o "coaster" and FunTime SlingShot (upcharge, of course ) to replace it with revamp of Candy Apple Grove and under Eiffel Tower including all asphalt in area replaced with pavers; Intimidator 305 rethemed to military (air force)/alien theme.

2017: New B&M wing/flying/inverted coaster behind Intimidator 305; Flight of Fear/Intimidator 305/new coaster comprise new themed air force base-type area, "Fort Kinzel" (look at FoF and you'll understand). Safari Village/Fort Kinzel receive pavers to replace asphalt. Flight of Fear's building restored.

2018: Off year. General maintenance and repaints, maybe a new large show.

2019: Planet Snoopy expansion. New theater.

2020: Old Virginia expansion. All remaining asphalt on park walkways removed and replaced with pavers.

Six Flags Over Texas

2016 First Six Flags Giga- shatters records.

2017 SFOT adds seeeetbeeelts to giga cuz its too unsafe + Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast BACKWARDS!.

2018 Shockwave and NTag are removed + Log Ride turned into waterslide

2019 In place of Shockwave and NTag: Bring back Spinnaker and make line que for it insanely long

2020 Removal of Spinnaker because someone rode upsideown-replaced with a Giavanola Titan clone --TRANSVERSING TITANS! New for 2020

Silver Dollar City

2016: Midtown Renovation and Reimaging / White Water Addition

2017: Ice House themed Mystery-Mine Rollercoaster in place of Flooded Mine, Riverfront Playhouse, Boatworks Theater

2018: Nothing / Show Upgrade / White Water

2019: Small changes to Grand Expo area / move kiddie rides to Half Dollar Holler / White Water

2020: B&M Wingrider with station in Grand Expo and entire course in Echo Hollow area / removal of Echo Hollow

^ Uh...no. SDC is never removing theaters for a roller coaster. More people come to SDC for the shows than come for the coasters, and they know that very well.

I assure you, I didn't just pull that out of my ass.

If you don't like the 5 year plan, oh well - that's what's on tap right now.

Now can it change between now and then? Sure. But I think you're even smart enough to realize that the Opera House has sat empty other than World Fest and BBQ. I think you might be smart enough to know that Riverfront Playhouse has been condemned and required major work.

GAdv:

2015- Batman backwards, general maitenance and infrastructure updates

2016- Publicly apologize for the the Dark Knight coaster, remove the Dark Knight coaster

2017- Re-open Old Country, anchor it with a new dueling GCI woodie

2018- Build a brand-new coaster within Skull Mountain

2019- Intamin mega-lite/giga on the old safari land behind Ka

2020- Declare bankruptcy

Dorney Park (I've decided that Dorney is close enough to be considered my second "home park" even if it is an hour and a half away)

2015- Remove Dinosaurs Alive, start surveying that chunk of land

2016- New wooden coaster on the old Dinosaurs land

2017- Replace Dominator with a new Intamin gyro drop

2018- Some sort of interactive dark ride

2019- Replace Steel Force with a new B&M hyper or Intamin giga in same footprint

2020- Upgrades to water park

sadly, dorney can never get a giga coaster