TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, KIEnthusiast said:

Looks totally

Amazing

!!!!

Okay, I'm coming around on this new poetry form. !!!! is a brilliant line. You pronounce that chk-chk-chk-chk, right?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to derail this thread any further, but a huge part of the problem is there not anything actually tough about them. They exist, and some businesses (like Knotts when they were open for all their fo

Theme Park Review was invited out to Knott's Berry Farm this morning to check out the all new Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair.  "“Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair” is a new 4-D i

Theme Park Review was invited to experience the Knott's Taste of Boysenberry Festival on Saturday, March 6, in what is a welcomed return to SoCal theme park food and drink events! The tasting car

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ryder said:

All this retro merchandise looks amazing to me... I'm going to be buying a lot of stuff!

if this is old news, sorry.  but they are coming out with retro ride gear.  or i guess it will be out once the park opens.  in the exit store there is some.  haunted shack, wacky soap box racers, volcano devil, parachutes.  corkscrew is coming later for it's anniversary. 

I enjoyed Voyage to the Iron Reef, but I think bringing back a classic Knott's ride in a new form is a smart move. 

• Like 2

The fam and I stopped by the park yesterday for the last day of Taste of Boysenberry. Though it was a little depressing to see the rides closed, the atmosphere in the park was a lot of fun. There were costumed characters and shows everywhere you look, and the food was delicious. My thoughts on what I tried:

• Boysenberry BBQ Brisket Mac and Cheese: The meat was good and tender, and had a good BBQ flavor, with just a hint of boysenberry. It was just enough to let you know it's there, but it wasn't overpowering. The mac and cheese was a pleasant surprise, as it seemed to be made with cheddar cheese - not process cheese. 10/10
  • Boysenberry sangria: While good and refreshing, it seemed a little watered down. I wish the fruit and wine tastes were a little stronger. 6/10
  • Beer cheese soup in a bread bowl: This was probably my favorite item I tried yesterday. The soup was cheesy and delicious, and the bread bowl seemed fresh-baked. The soup had overflowed and covered the outside of the bread bowl, but the bread bowl cutout allowed me to sop up some of it before trying to pick up the bread bowl and eat it. Eating the bread bowl was a pretty messy process, nonetheless, but it was worth it. 10/10
  • Salmon and orzo salad with boysenberries: After filling up on carbs, it was time for a healthy snack. The salmon tasted quite fishy and a little overcooked, but the rest of the salad complemented it well. The orzo had a strong garlicky taste - which is a plus, in my book. The salad was also tossed with a few boysenberries and boysenberry vinaigrette - which was sweet, but not too sweet. It made for a good combination. 7/10
  • Boysenberry and white chocolate chip cookiewich: Finally, it was time for dessert - and what a dessert it was. The cookies were about 5"-6" in diameter, and sandwiched a 2"-thick layer of vanilla soft-serve ice cream. I had planned to share it with my wife, but while walking around to find her in the shops, the ice cream started melting and I ended up polishing it off before I eventually found her. The cookies were soft and chewy. The boysenberry cookies were a great combo with the vanilla ice cream. It was very filling, however, and I wished I hadn't eaten the whole thing myself. I'm glad I saved it for last. 9/10

As is typical for Knott's, this was a very well-executed event. I can't wait to come back when rides are open again.

• Like 1