TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

It looks fun and all, but the helices might be a bit too big to be any fun.

Its suppose to be a freaking family coaster, not another SilverBullet. Family meaning younger riders will go on it. THey don't make uber intense rides for little kids.

Anyways, it definately looks like it will be some fun. If its landscaped appropriately, I can see it being even more fun. One thing I kind of like about the Camp Snoopy area is that you feel like you're in a forest, so it actually feels like a camp. I hope they keep the same idea with this.

It looks fun and all, but the helices might be a bit too big to be any fun.

Its suppose to be a freaking family coaster, not another SilverBullet. Family meaning younger riders will go on it. THey don't make uber intense rides for little kids.

Notice I said to be any FUN. I did not say thrilling. If the helices are giant and you crawl through them, then whats the point?

-Justin "Who says family caosters have to be boring?" Seabaugh

Looks better than Mulholland Madness, so I don't think anyone should complain. Besides, it's not like eveything revolves around enthusiasts, the families will really enjoy this one...

I agree besides the coaster is in Camp Snoopy it's not going to be that great. I also think this will be a good addition to the park.

I like the layout but I'm not sure how much spinning you'll get from those turns, especially if it is free-spinning unlike Euro-Mir. Still looks like it could be a fun ride for the family though (assuming the height requirement isn't 48 inches like pretty much everything else in that park!)

So what if it is 48 inches. X is 48 inches. :\

I'm honestly thrilled to get a new ride at Knott's. I've been hearing and watching all these other parks getting new rides, and us being left in the dust. Not anymore. Hell, I love anything that has a track a moves. It's just fun for me.

Thrill ride or not, I'm excited anyways, and just glad to see another thing new. Knott's here I come...again.

Well, this could either turn out really bad, or really good. Let's hope it turns out really good.

I disagree. I think it'll be like Silver Bullet, which isn't all that great, but isn't bad either....its just "meh".

Yea...this ride looks "meh".

Ah well, another credit.

-Jahan "whoever picks Cedar Fair's coaster colors should be shot" Makanvand

I'm honestly thrilled to get a new ride at Knott's. I've been hearing and watching all these other parks getting new rides, and us being left in the dust. Not anymore. Hell, I love anything that has a track a moves. It's just fun for me.

Thrill ride or not, I'm excited anyways, and just glad to see another thing new. Knott's here I come...again.

Left in the dust!?!?! Knotts just got a new coaster less than 2 years ago! how is that left in the dust?

Hell, I love anything that has a track a moves.

Well that basically sums it up...

I'm sure all the people with families will care if the height requirement is 48 inches vs 42 inches, especially since the park is removing a childrens ride for this. Being that this is a "Family coaster", you'd think the majority of the family would be able to ride it together.

Still makes NO sense that now you have to be 48 inches tall to ride Jaguar, but like you said, once you hit 48 you can jump on X too 45 minutes away. Gotta love Cedar Fair logic, right Dallas?

Left in the dust!?!?! Knotts just got a new coaster less than 2 years ago! how is that left in the dust?

Yeah, but I'm taking about new for '07. California wasn't getting any new coasters for '07 as far as I saw until this came up. I sure as hell know SFMM isn't getting a new coaster for '07, and '08. I was also thinking that Knott's was running out of room, and Disneylands Submarines is coming, but it's not a roller coaster(not saying I'm not excited for it).

Hell, I love anything that has a track a moves.

Well that basically sums it up...

Uhh yeah

^ But the subs have a tracks ... and a moves ...

As Derek said, this is supposed to be a "Family" coaster. As is Jaguar. Jaguar has a 48" height requirement. I would expect this to have the same and I will be VERY surprised if it didn't.

If it's less then they need to rethink the height requirement on Jaguar as well.

It doesn't effect me as much anymore since my kids are both over 48", but I know how it feels to tell your kids they can't ride stuff. It sucks.

^ But the subs have a tracks ... and a moves ...

I knew someone would say that. But that's why I stated I'm still excited for it.

It doesn't effect me as much anymore since my kids are both over 48", but I know how it feels to tell your kids they can't ride stuff. It sucks.

Especially if you're the one who can't ride. I remember when I was younger and I wasn't tall enough for Batman. I was so upset.

But again, this IS part of Camp Snoopy, correct? Can't be more than 48''.

-Greg "Can't wait to hear the name of this ride" Shilton.

When I heard the rumours of a spinner at KBF, I was crossing my fingers it wouldn't be just another Zamperla or Reverchon cloned carnival POS. This far exceeds my expectations, much bigger and a more elaborate layout than I ever expected from CF. Put me in the camp of the impressed.

Just hoping that CF now understands and realizes the benefit of theming (Maverick), they'll do something more than just plop this down on a slab of concrete.

But again, this IS part of Camp Snoopy, correct? Can't be more than 48''.

Well, what they took out was part of Camp Snoopy ... depending on where the entrance to the ride is, it could be Ghost Town.

If you look at the concept art you can kind of see where the station might be (the straight part prior to the lift hill). They can either put it roughly where the train station is, or if they keep the train they can put it on that trail that is near the Silver Bullet Cobra Roll. My guess is that's where it's going.

Of course, all sense of theming is gone from Knott's ... so it could go in Ghost Town with a Boardwalk theme.