TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Ha ha. Cold Weather.

I would also classify this as a family coaster. I think most of Mack's Stuff should be classified as family. Even though mack is the best.

BTW, i think Jaguar looks a little better on the outside then on the POV's that i have seen. But i haven't been on the real thing, so how would i know?

• 1 month later...

Kind of off-topic, but I was browsing the Knott's website and found that it lists Xcelerator as only having two trains. Sounds like they dismantled the yellow train. You can find it here: http://www.knotts.com/park/tour/brdwalk/xcelerator.shtml .

Anyways, I haven't seen an update on this coaster for a while. Can't wait for your's Top Thrill Dragster.

---Brent

Kind of off-topic, but I was browsing the Knott's website and found that it lists Xcelerator as only having two trains. Sounds like they dismantled the yellow train. You can find it here: http://www.knotts.com/park/tour/brdwalk/xcelerator.shtml .

Anyways, I haven't seen an update on this coaster for a while. Can't wait for your's Top Thrill Dragster.

---Brent

When did Xcellerator ever have more than two trains??

^ When it originally opened, Xcelerator had a yellow train, a red train, and a purple train. I might have read it wrong but, it might mean how many trains they put on the track at once. I've never once seen three trains on the track because of the timing and operations. I think it would be that and I just read it wrong.

---Brent

Update

Not much is going on, it is starting to make me wonder if the project has been canceled or delayed. Also today the park had a power glitch which made almost all the rides go down for about 30 mins.

IMG_4235.jpg.e7bad1a6d2c8e22989bf179d906fd9d4.jpg

In other news Knotts was holding the meeting of the trash cans at Charles Schulz Theatre

IMG_4303.jpg.f3da0867aedcb3bac22b248aae39a2b1.jpg

Silver Bullets A train has gone into rehab.

IMG_4243.jpg.6969f097be4d917267cbc51bc8592b54.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg.75a8e46120cf5a4190e045091eda8415.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg.c4e11595faaa31531644fc387f4cf8bd.jpg

Not much has happened.

IMG_4218.jpg.0e1d972303caf6f12d298480f001af57.jpg

All the water rides were down today.

IMG_4216.jpg.b4b412477fc01e6a6acb1fd5d42be18d.jpg

The sign says it all.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like they are working with a giant piece of flat land, so I don't think getting the ride up quickly will be a problem. Remember how fast Scream went up?

I'm thinking that there might be more issues here though. I remember when they were first clearing the land, they ran into an old sewage pipe when they were digging and seemed a bit confused about it. So there could be something more that is holding the construction up.

It seems as though Cedar Fair is spending more time on its other parks in reguards to getting new rides. All I know is that it seems that they are a little behind on this project compared to their other ones like Maverick and Renegade not to mention the fact that they need to finish their "X-flight" project and they just got a billion more parks to operate. All I'm hoping for is a Early June opening.