TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Kingdom of Dinsoaurs was already gutted.

At this point, I frankly dont care what Knott's does--its not going to do what I want. So I say, "What the hell...another credit." I'm with Derek on this one--I'm sure this will end up being the best coaster in the park.

-Jahan

Thats pretty cool, a much better idea than the Gerstlauer spinners. I'm anxious to see the layout for it, but if its a Mack it'll already be unique with this "free spinning". Watch, this will probably end up being the best coaster at Knotts (next to Montezooma, the way it used to run).

the way it used to run? You mean the way it still runs!

^Way to be enthusiastic about Knott's, Guy! Now I know someone other than me likes Knott's a lot...

Anyway, that'd be great to see a unique, fun spinner at Knott's... Because I'm not too hyped up about a generic, bunch-of-hairpin-turns-and-nothing-else spinner. I already don't like normal mouses that are like that.

yea, but let us hope that this is Knott's last coaster until they rip out another one (the only one I can think of would be boomerang) or expand the park. But 8 roller coasters for this park is pretty amazing, imo. And even though they ripped out that boat ride, I guess its not that big of a deal seeing as how they already butchered it. Now they just finished it off and put something cool in its place.

I like Knott's, after going to Sux Flags Tragic Mountain, Knott's is like a breath of fresh air - of course it doesn't hurt that every time I go all rides are running and have no lines with bounce backs.

I have heard stuff about this ride, I was told - think Dragon's Fury (not a Mack?), that is supposed to be a good ride isn't it? Sounds like this will be a fun addition to Knott's.

Paris Hilton - I'd ride Paris but will that be an upcharge - like your soul or something?

And even though they ripped out that boat ride, I guess its not that big of a deal seeing as how they already butchered it. Now they just finished it off and put something cool in its place.

Don't know if this was just enthusiass talk, but wasn't the purpose of building SB so high above the lake was so that the Walter K could still keep running under it? Anyone know for sure, just recall hearing this somewhere and was surprised when they filled in the lake anyways. Otherwise, why build SB so high off the ground, a nice big first drop would've been way better.

^^ I believe SB was running slightly over budget so instead of filling the lake back in completely, they only filled up half of it and then had the train take the path of the boat. You can still see the original path the train took through the shrubberies. Plus you know, what's a Cedar Fair park without more cement?

^ That makes more sense. With basically gutting that section of the park for SB, if having to clear Jaguar was the only reason for the elevated track, why didn't they just design the first drop and supports away from Jaguar? Having basically a clean slate of flat land to work with, with only a small section of Jaguar to clear, no reason why the first drop had to be placed and elevated right over Jaquar.

Bummer if we did lose the Walter K just because of a budget cutback. Should have just waited till they had the funds to finish the lake the right way to keep Walter K. cruising . But I guess cement looks better than a nice scenic lake/boat ride .