TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think V2 at Six Flags Great America is pretty loud. Sounds like a bunch of people screaming really loud! When I first went on it when I was young I thought it was the people actually screaming! Oh and my friend has sensory issues so when we are waiting in line for the ride she tends to cover her ears and almost on the verge of panic! There was times she just wanted to get out of line a leave. Yes its loud and it startles me time to time but I cant imagine having ears THAT sensitive. I feel bad for her but we still have fun riding the ride and all is good. You'd miss out on a lot of fun if you let things like that stop you from doing things.

Another noisy coaster is Top Thrill but its a cool sound rather then a startling sound. It reminds me of a mini jet taking off! Such an awesome sound!

• 2 months later...

Taron's Launch is pure awesome. It roars through the valley.

Also, if you stand right next to the hole on Oblivion, it sounds like an explosion when the train hits the tunnel. When the train is falling, it is silent (Zero G) yet, when it hits the track at the bottom, the most epic B&M boom, followed by a roar is spewed out of the hole.

For the loudest coaster I have heard, that would have to be Possessed at Dorney Park. Which is kind of what makes the name fitting, the launch almost sounds like people screaming.

But the loudest ride period? Vekoma Waikiki Waves. Nothing else comes even remotely close to the mechanical whines, wails and screeches that these things make. Whenever you went to Kentucky Kingdom, you could tell from outside the front gate if The Quake was operating that day, just based upon whether or not you could hear it ANYWHERE in the park. From the video I have seen of when Dreamworld's Wipeout first opened, Super Flip models were probably even louder when they first opened, given their original intense programs.

It is a shame, because they look pretty darn fun, but it's not hard to see why only two were produced. The noise they produced simply was just too excessive, and possibly posed a danger if they were placed near a water park like The Quake was. (Lifeguards can't really save lives if they can't hear said lives in trouble calling out for help among a huge crowd...)

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Superman Escape from Krypton and Montezoomas Revenge are pretty loud. In the case of Monty it makes a kind of clickity clack sound. Supreme Scream's air release is pretty loud, as is the thrump. Oddly enough I don't find Xcelerator to be all that loud actually.

Xcelerator's launch can be a little noisy, but that's only for a short period of time and only really noticeable if you're RIGHT next to it. Even Monte isn't too bad--only the loop provides that roar, and again, is only obnoxious if you're right next to it. But I'm sure their new T-rex coaster next year will be super smooth and quiet

Superman Escape from Krypton and Montezoomas Revenge are pretty loud. In the case of Monty it makes a kind of clickity clack sound. Supreme Scream's air release is pretty loud, as is the thrump. Oddly enough I don't find Xcelerator to be all that loud actually.

Xcelerator's launch can be a little noisy, but that's only for a short period of time and only really noticeable if you're RIGHT next to it. Even Monte isn't too bad--only the loop provides that roar, and again, is only obnoxious if you're right next to it. But I'm sure their new T-rex coaster next year will be super smooth and quiet

I can hear Monty's loop from across the street. But yes I agree the T-Rex will be super quiet.

Batman & Robin: The Chiller was definitely the loudest coaster I've ever heard, you could hear when it was cycling throughout the park, and standing by it or in the exit tunnel under the launch was deafening. I remember running down the exit path a few times to try and beat the next cycle so I wouldn't go deaf

Hands down, Falcon's Fury. And at the same park, Kumba. But Falcon's Fury can be heard from anywhere in the park, and even outside of the park.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

LMAO! Oh man, those poor neighbors. That sound would drive me up a wall if I lived right there. Of course, as with anything, I'm sure it just becomes background noise you don't even notice after a while.

That ride is ridiculously loud.

I remember when we went to Howl o Scream a few years ago and it was closed the first few hours of the event. That haunt event is so good that people get ridiculously jumpy just walking down the midways because unless you're in a ride queue or in a bathroom you're basically getting scared by something every 30 seconds. People were so on edge that when they tested it for the first time in a few hours everyone on the midway jumped assuming it was another scare actor. We were over near Kumba at the time which is pretty much nowhere near the ride.

Still though, I'm of the opinion that if you live next to a theme park then you should STFU about noise and get over it. Lucky for them it's broken all the time anyway so that probably helps cut down on noise.

I've noticed that The Bat at Canada's Wonderland (or any older Vekoma Boomerang for that matter) is quite loud once the train hits the return chain lift prior to going backwards. Also, if you're standing in the queue line, the brakes releasing near the loop as well as the brakes in the station can be quite deafening! But, The Bat is a fun coaster regardless of its loudness!

• 1 year later...

Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers both have the most obnoxiously loud lift hills I’ve ever heard. They were so loud that I was slightly frightened a few times when standing nearby. Still, listening to that noise is a small price to pay to ride two incredible coasters.