TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^What he said about the cameras and videos.

Such a good update... and continued look at the fun and character of rides/parks in Japan. Blue Fall looks awesome and big enough to actually make me "feel it" (the drop)... which really hasn't significantly occurred for me on a free-fall (Intamin, S&S or otherwise) since riding Drop Zone (PGA) it's opening year. Although some of those "L's-to-hell" (Demon Drop, and other 1st-gens... quickly disappearing, btw) have come close, along with Acrophobia. Love the log flume! Splash Chute = boat jumpers no mo' ... and that's a crying-clown shame... BUT the previous '04 footage etched it in history, and that rocks (at least until all technology and electronics fail and future human generations are too busy running from the morlocks to reclaim amusement industry media). Nice pics!

I really enjoyed Cosmoworld and Sea Paradise back in 2007--good to see that they're getting even better (I'm particularly intrigued by the new walkthrough). You have to like any arcade that has an "armadillo race" game.

This is all kinds of awesome!

OH GOD! NO!!!! THE SPIRIT OF ADAM HAUNTS ME EVEN WHILE IN JAPAN!!!! Wait...why is the spirit of Adam a woman!??!

That was one of the three forms of the Ghosts of Adam's past. The objective is to make Bryan realize what life is like without me.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Ok.... Now I'm probably going to regret asking this: But what in hades is Meat-Cow or Meat-Sheep? It/They sound like something that's a cross between organ meat and an artificially flavored tofu treat.

And the photos once again are stellar- nothing quite like seeing how strangely wonderful and so interestingly bizarre Japan's coasters are- not to mention the parallel universe where TOGO coasters DON'T suck.... as bad.

What an incredible update! Blue Fall is definitely my favorite drop tower. It really is amazing. That is really cool that Cosmoworld had that sign and stuff for you guys. Says a lot about the park. I will definitely be taking a trip out there the next time i'm in Japan. I also couldn't stop laughing at the wild mouse with Derek. That was amazing! Amy would have loved that ride! Great update! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Ok.... Now I'm probably going to regret asking this: But what in hades is Meat-Cow or Meat-Sheep? It/They sound like something that's a cross between organ meat and an artificially flavored tofu treat.

Behold the legendary Meat Cow!

In Cosmoworld the ERT they gave to us on Vanish was awesome!

And on the spinning coaster, as well! It was all great, that day.

And I got the Meat Rooster, which was pretty cool to get.

And in Sea Paradise Park, I got to tour thru their big and massive

Aquarium and see a bit of the Outdoor Stage Show,

thanks to Rosie's insistence we do so.

Plus of course, <3 Blue Fall <3 and a great haunted walk-thru with Matt

- us staying 'connected' by way of a short, knotted rope which was interesting, lol.

That was a great day, to be sure.

(EDIT to add a pic of my newly-aquired Meat Rooster, woo hoo!)

MeatRooster.JPG.e60baedfe0b2507ac1e3d164167e44ea.JPG

Minus the feet, unfort. But heeere's Meat Rooster! Found at The Only Meat ____ Capsule machine we found, on the tour! (o:

This was easily the best visit we've had to both parks yet! Mr. Kitagawa from Senyo is a huge fan of TPR, was thrilled to meet Elissa and myself, along with Big Mike, and even asked about Piers! Great to know we have fans not only in Japan, but people who work in the industry as well!

The ERT and filming opportunities they gave as at the park was incredible! It also allowed for our members to experience even more attractions at the park. And yes, seeing that the Meat Cow capsule machine is still there was an awesome highlight! (the only one of it's kind we saw on the entire trip!)

And for Sea Paradise, it was great to see them bring back an old attraction, and the new additions to the aquarium and the shows were great! They even trained a whale shark!!!

It really was a great day!

--Robb

^ We normally visit at night, actually, but this year, with the power saving measures going on after the earthquake, they don't have all of the lights on in the surrounding area. And then that combined with the option of getting ERT in this morning, we chose to visit the park during the day this visit.

Those Yokohama parks look like a lot of fun. Splashshute looks like one of those WTF awesome homegrown rides Even without the skippers I bet its still awesome So do they give you paddles to hold/keep in your boat before it drops or do they give them to you after the splash?