TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

Wait. I don't belive you. At all. There were no obligitory line-shots of long, painful waits. It wasn't Fuji-Queue. You went to another park in another dimension.

And- about this, Robb-

[attachment=0]Robb's Boob Credit.jpg[/attachment]

Why is she bleeding? Were you TOO rough on your Boob credit???

I think Robb just donkey punched her.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purdue Pete has formed a soccer team?

Ahh, you beat me to it. As a Boilermaker, I am proud to see Pete is revered in Japan. Perhaps it will help me score points with the schoolgirls, when they find out I went there.

-RO

One question.... How is that Dodonpa is still running, and according to you all, pretty well, while Hypersonic was a POS???

Oh, and 1 more. Why did they get rid of the Moonsault Scramble?? I was always fascinated by that coaster!!!!

I believe TPR went into the mirror universe Japan. There's little rain during the rainy season and they had a good day at Fuji-Q. Next thing you know, Robb will be sporting a goatee.

^Moonsault pulled around 7 G's in the pretzel loop I'm told.

Great update yet again Robb, can't wait for more!

6.2 G actually. Pretty intense but nothing dangerous. That straight section between the pretzel knot and second spike looked like it would be just a wee bit painful however. At least the transition into it, anyway.

Looks great! I've always been intrigued by this park but was more than daunted when I heard all that bad stuff about this... this post gives me some hope that if I ever get over to Japan and go to this park, it may not be so bad after all.

So explain this... this park is empty and line-free when it's sunny, but there are horrendous lines when it's rainy and miserable? How does that compute?

Also, has any of you ridden Ejanaika? How does it compare to X2?

This report just proves that even the worst parks can have good days. In my opinion, if you visit a park and it is just a bad day, it shouldn't be written off, and you should give the park another chance. Fuji-Q looks like it might be an okay park in low crowd, good weather conditions.

I'm really enjoying all these updates, as Japan is one of about two Asian countries I'm interested in visiting sometime. Maybe next time there is a TPR Japan trip I'll be able to do it. Also, they are getting me excited for the North East trip in just one month.

This makes me think of that Chinpokomon episode of South Park, considering it's written in engrish.

Glad to see you all had a good time at Fuji Q. I think this is the first, or one of the first times I've seen the park sunny.

^ I had a decent time at Fuji-Q when I visited last year; I got on all the credits in about 6 hours despite a late arrival (~1 pm), looming rain, and fairly slow operations (about 1-2 hours for the three big coasters, 30 minutes or less for the others), so I'm glad to see that its reputation may finally start to change. Also, on a side note, it seemed that they were the only non-Disney park I visited that had much of any ride merchandise (besides cookies), so that was nice.

It's very similar, and if you didn't know any better you might think they're the same. Eejanaika has a shorter, older model train, a slightly different layout, and is a little rougher, but the main difference I noticed is that they did a lot more with the seats flipping. Basically, anywhere the seats rotate a little on X2, the seats on Eejanaika rotate a lot, so as a result you flip over several times more. I only had one ride on it, but I'd say I probably prefer it somewhat over X2, effects aside. I do like both quite a bit though.

The Purdue Boilermaker soccer team is actually the mascot(s) of the new Star Flyer. It's construction themed, and one of the many weird video clips shown throughout the park shows a bunch of them linking together to form the ride. The resemblance may not be coincidence though.

I have one of those Hello-Kitty-riding-Dodonpa cell phone straps. However, unlike Hello Kitty, I didn't get to ride - they kept randomly closing the ride. I waited in line for it three times and didn't get a single ride in. Stupid Fujikyu. D:

By the way, thank you, TPR, for introducing me to the awesomeness that is Taiko no Tatsujin. I probably spent a good 4000 yen on it while I was in Japan.

I'm going out there in a few weeks. Can you explain how the fast pass system actually works?

Basically they are REALLY limited, like they only allowed 15 per hour on Dodonpa and Fujiyama. And you could not buy them until a ride opened. On the day we were there, Dodonpa was scheduled to open at 11:00am, and even though the park opened at 9:00am, I could not buy the fast passes until 11, and the earliest I could buy then for was noon.

They also stopped selling them a couple of hours before the park closed. So the window was tight and the amount was limited.

I spent most of the first two hours of the day waiting to buy Fast Passes!

Irony!

Edited by robbalvey

Eejanaika has a shorter, older model train, a slightly different layout, and is a little rougher, but the main difference I noticed is that they did a lot more with the seats flipping. Basically, anywhere the seats rotate a little on X2, the seats on Eejanaika rotate a lot, so as a result you flip over several times more.

That was my big gripe about Eejanaika--that the seats just flipped willynilly for no real reason at all, whereas the seat roataions on X2 made more sense and enhanced the ride. But I hear that Eejanaika has improved since then.

I rode Eejanaika in 2007 and it was one of the worst coaster rides I've ever had. Rode it again in 2008 and it was slightly better.

I'd say the best ride I've had on Eejanaika was comperable to the worst rides I've had on X2.

Eejanaika has a shorter, older model train, a slightly different layout, and is a little rougher, but the main difference I noticed is that they did a lot more with the seats flipping. Basically, anywhere the seats rotate a little on X2, the seats on Eejanaika rotate a lot, so as a result you flip over several times more.

That was my big gripe about Eejanaika--that the seats just flipped willynilly for no real reason at all, whereas the seat roataions on X2 made more sense and enhanced the ride. But I hear that Eejanaika has improved since then.

The amount of rotations haven't changed, I'm sure. They are set by the track.

-RO

Fuji-Q looks like its actually fun - if the weather and crowds cooperate. Do they now have park maps in English at the park? I checked their website and their English section is decent, it even shows a park map in English. Fuji-Q has a good mix of coasters and flat rides it seems - too bad most of them are doomed by low capacity. Was the Star Flyer wave swingy thing operating yet?