TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I haven't been to sfog in 10 years. Does anybody know how well Great American Scream Machine is running? It was running quite smooth when I went.

My last ride was during the TPR Deep South Bash, and "the water challenge." Not too bad, except for the final stop, but it's always been that way. It's probably rougher than you remember 10 years ago, but I like it. Smooth compared to the Cyclone.

Just make sure you ride in a non wheel seat.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

The Flash Pass rows for Batman: the Ride have been 7 & 8 for quite a few years now. Due to the design of the station, the Flash Pass entrance is the ride exit with a "corral" at the rear of the station. Those rows are used as they are directly in front of where Flash Pass guests are queued.

Our ride operators should send riders from row 6 to those rows if there are no Flash Pass guests waiting to board.

So, this cliche old question is for some of you SFOG experts; or at least anyone who lives closer to the park. How crowded is the park Spring Break week (April 1-7)? And which day is particularly least crowded of those?

Hope that Georgia Cyclone will be open, that would be pretty sweet.

^Definitely visit Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. The crowds always seem to pick up toward the latter part of the week and we have concerts at the park on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Easter Sunday is generally a good day to visit as well.

Can you tell me more about 'early entry' for Season Pass holders next week during Spring Break? Apparently some coasters will be available for Season Pass holders at 930AM? Does this apply to any Season Pass holder regardless of their home park? TIA.

Here is a video shot today of the Georgia Cyclone testing with the new Topper Track. I still don't have a definite confirmation of it being open to the public tomorrow, but we are definitely close!

^Regarding the Season Pass / Facebook fan ERT, any Six Flags Season Pass will grant you admission to the park early. The schedule is on the website under the Spring Break Event listing.

Here is a video shot today of the Georgia Cyclone testing with the new Topper Track. I still don't have a definite confirmation of it being open to the public tomorrow, but we are definitely close!

^Regarding the Season Pass / Facebook fan ERT, any Six Flags Season Pass will grant you admission to the park early. The schedule is on the website under the Spring Break Event listing.

Awesome! Thanks for the video, it looks great! It's crazy how much good a little topper track can do for a ride. Really looking forward to getting to check out the changes on Cyclone a few times this season

Cyclone is scheduled to be open tomorrow (Saturday). It may not open with the park, but should open tomorrow at some point.

I can't wait to ride it at Spring Fling in a few weeks...

I just got back from the park. I had a wonderful time!

Cyclone's new track is amazing. It makes the first part very smooth and enjoyable but the rest is the rough Cyclone. There was a breakdown while I was waiting, the ride was down for about an hour.

I rode Mindbender six times. It's still my favorite ride in the park.

Overall, a very good day!

Rode Cyclone about an hour ago (we're still at the park). The ride was running but had a mechanical delay for about 20 minutes whle we were waiting and there seemed to be extra glitches on loads/unloads that made the line move really slow.

I was underwhelmed with the improvements in ride quality. It was a bit better at the beginning but still extremely harsh and for me just not enjoyable. I'd still rather ride any other coaster at the park unless you happen to get lucky and catch the Cyclone on a great day.

-George

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

Unfortunately that's the way SF prefers running things.

I rode Cyclone on Sunday and the first part was incredibly smooth and fast. The rest of the layout that does not have the topper track was rough as usual. I don't think that it was as bad as I remember it but I also have not ridden it in 3 years because it got so rough. It still had several spots of really good airtime, especially the 4th drop(what we term the death drop) that I had forgotten how much airtime you get there. It is still a rough coaster (minus the topper track portion) but I think that if they would completely apply topper track to the whole coaster that it could be a top 10 or even 5 woodie again.

Unfortunately that's the way SF prefers running things.

^ I've can't recall ever seeing this attitude at SFoG. The teams usually seem to be doing their best to send full trains.

My two cents on the topper track on Cyclone:

The first part of the ride is really transformed - it's very smooth, but it still has just a hint of roughness to remind you it's a woodie. Then you hit the third hill and it's right back to the old roughness. There's still lots of intense rough airtime on several of the drops.

I hope this was a test to see how the track system worked, and they spend the next off season installing topper track on the entire ride.

I'm wondering if I should go at all this year. I've never been, but the only time I'd be able to go is early August, and by then, they're only open until like 6 PM on weekdays, and 7 on Sundays. Is there enough time to do it all in one day with only 7 1/2 hours in the park? I don't know how crowds are there.