TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Yes... Mindbender did get up and running today around 3-330 and she was running beautifully as always. I did notice that Mindbender kept stalling before it went into the station this morning. They would get it out of that position and then it would stall again with the back few cars outside of the station. Maintence was quite busy getting it going this morning, and finally they did.

IMG_20170312_105358655.thumb.jpg.9baddb0a8b3f1e481547a1b62baf1082.jpg

IMG_20170312_114132882.thumb.jpg.09c35ea4a895c6a90e59cc347c3670ae.jpg

Where Mindbender kept stalling

IMG_20170312_102650982.thumb.jpg.582983c2c7508c50609ca330c3b9ae7c.jpg

Happy 50th SFOG

^I cannot tell from the pictures, but did they remove the games that used to be in front of Superman?

They removed two game stalls on the end to open the area up in front of JLBFM. Kinda hard to tell by the pictures but if you look close you can tell where they took them out.

20170128_140724.thumb.jpg.b0e7fbaca11f55c48afc3b4b1ffbec7e.jpg

20170128_145534.thumb.jpg.948a47bfa347c050b7e310a1ce9e825d.jpg

^ We was told at Winter Warm Up that SFOG started construction a lot earlier than other parks on purpose. The reason being is that it would give The Sally Corp. time to do all the rides and not be stretched so thin trying to so many at one time. So it looks like the others are way behind but really they are on schedule.

We're there any two train ops? Also, I was trying to figure out if I should go at the beginning or end of april (with a flash pass) depending on the operations. Also, is superman finally running three trains? JLBFM looks really nice and definitely revitalized the area.

On Saturday everything started out with two trains, but I know Cyclone, Mind bender and Goliath all went down to one, I know Goliath was because of a breakdown. On Sunday, I was only there for a bit but Batman was the only thing I witnessed running two trains, it was really dead though because of how cold it was.

To anyone who has been there, Can you post a pic of the Dining Pass guide since the site STILL shows the 2016 version?

I don't have the guide, but I was at the park on opening day and from what I could see, it is similar to last year except there are more snack options, including some big ticket items!

For example, bacon cheddar ranch waffle fries and chicken cheddar ranch waffle fries are both now included as a snack item, even though they cost well over $10. That was a really pleasant surprise. There also doesn't seem to be many exclusions from the meals offered, but I didn't look closely throughout the park.

To anyone who has been there, Can you post a pic of the Dining Pass guide since the site STILL shows the 2016 version?

I don't have the guide, but I was at the park on opening day and from what I could see, it is similar to last year except there are more snack options, including some big ticket items!

For example, bacon cheddar ranch waffle fries and chicken cheddar ranch waffle fries are both now included as a snack item, even though they cost well over $10. That was a really pleasant surprise. There also doesn't seem to be many exclusions from the meals offered, but I didn't look closely throughout the park.

Is it true that there's no longer a 11:30-3:30, 4:30-7:30 but a 90 minute between Lunch & Dinner?

Also, Is it possible/legal to have dinner at White Water AND Six Flags Over Georgia in the same day?

Like I said in my post some of the snacks can be entire meals! It's well worth the price especially since I keep getting the $39 offer for one meal and one snack a day

I eat my lunch later such as 2 - 3 and then grab one of their larger snacks around 6:30 and that's all the food I need for the day

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
How good or bad are the crowds, for April 21st?

Eh, not as bad as the weekend. Still crowded because ALL of Atlanta goes to SFOG, instead of a better park like Carowinds.

All the B&Ms will be crowded with people. Goliath will assign you to a row, you can't even pick (for "efficiency"). Best bet would be Fast Pass, as the rides often have such long lines that shelling out $$ is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How good or bad are the crowds, for April 21st?

Eh, not as bad as the weekend. Still crowded because ALL of Atlanta goes to SFOG, instead of a better park like Carowinds.

All the B&Ms will be crowded with people. Goliath will assign you to a row, you can't even pick (for "efficiency"). Best bet would be Fast Pass, as the rides often have such long lines that shelling out $$ is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Hope they put me in the back of Goliath. That'd be great, Hope to see a good amount of floater air.

Is Goliath always assigned seating? Granted Ive only been to the park once but I rode Goliath over a dozen times and never was assigned a seat once.

Depends on the OP.. they always control the dock yes but they don't always tell u the line to join.. but yes, they have told me in the past what line to go to..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk