TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Keeping Superman open, however limited, is better than it being closed.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with this statement.

While I do agree with that statement, the ride is build with a dual station and three trains so this issue should've been addressed nearly a decade ago now honestly. It has slowly gotten worse and worse since then with no noticeable effort to fix it, even though the ride usually has a two hour line on busy days even with two trains, and everyone waiting is stuck standing directly in the sun). I get that it is the Six Flags way, but it would be nice for them to take care of things before they are barely functioning with one train. I actually prefer Six Flags to Cedar Fair (excluding the great ops of Cedar Point) but Cedar Fair does a MUCH better job in that particular department. If something you invested in breaks, fix it. Don't try to drag it out for years until the entire ride is barely functioning.

It is a very unique ride. I am glad to have ridden it many times!

EDIT: Besides the fact that it is a clone

Is it a clone though if it's the original one?? It opened before the ones at SFGADV and SFGAM. For example, I don't consider Batman at SFGAM a clone, since it's the original one.

Yeah, well, try being stuck on the brakes in the flying position for 15 minutes barely able to breathe. Superman can go die in a fire.

Last time I was stuck on the brakes they just moved us to the other station.. this was earlier in the year.. it was no more than 5 mins

One train was stuck in the station and wouldn't go to the flying position so they let us off on station number 2

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, well, try being stuck on the brakes in the flying position for 15 minutes barely able to breathe. Superman can go die in a fire.

Eh... if it's not your thing don't ride (though I know that's not the norm and I agree that the brake runs on flyers suck) it but I applaud them for having it open even in a limited capacity. I still say it's better than being closed.

Eh... if it's not your thing don't ride (though I know that's not the norm and I agree that the brake runs on flyers suck) it but I applaud them for having it open even in a limited capacity. I still say it's better than being closed.

The thing is they're damned by the GP no matter what they do. If they closed it, they'd be complaining, if they keep it open with limited capacity then they complain about the astronomical wait time.

The thing is they're damned by the GP no matter what they do. If they closed it, they'd be complaining, if they keep it open with limited capacity then they complain about the astronomical wait time.

I love how enthusiasts say "by the GP" to make themselves feel better about themselves. We're on a forum with a bunch of enthusiasts and they're also complaining about the wait times right here in this thread. In my experience enthusiasts complain way more than "the GP".

The ride is better open than closed. If the wait times bother you then don't ride it but the people that want to ride it still get to while they work out their problems. Sounds like a great compromise.

I'd rather hang with "the GP".

That happened to me at Great Adv on the brake run and I was able to breathe just fine. I still enjoy riding it and loved it @ SFOG. Hating a ride because it malfunctioned for a few minutes once while you were on it is a little dramatic.

I'm glad SFA only runs one train on Batwing because with their operations you actually would be on the brakes for 15 minutes but lying down facing the sun.

I'm actually with Boldikus here on this one. I enjoy Superman at Great Adventure but wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it. I'm definitely alone on this but I feel like the brake run kind of mimics those zero gravity chairs that decompress your spine and I kinda like it, lol. Maybe it's a body type thing but I've never minded being in that position.

Yeah I never will ride it if the wait isnt at or near the bottom of the steps, or unless we have FP like we did at SFOG and skipped a 2 hour wait to do a double ride in the front row. #winning

Superman was my first flyer and I was totally weirded out thinking I would get sick or something in that position, but I think the restraints are totally comfortable and have no issues whatsoever with them. Vekoma flyers on the other hand...

Yeah I never will ride it if the wait isnt at or near the bottom of the steps, or unless we have FP like we did at SFOG and skipped a 2 hour wait to do a double ride in the front row. #winning

Superman was my first flyer and I was totally weirded out thinking I would get sick or something in that position, but I think the restraints are totally comfortable and have no issues whatsoever with them. Vekoma flyers on the other hand...

I love how enthusiasts say "by the GP" to make themselves feel better about themselves. We're on a forum with a bunch of enthusiasts and they're also complaining about the wait times right here in this thread. In my experience enthusiasts complain way more than "the GP".

The ride is better open than closed. If the wait times bother you then don't ride it but the people that want to ride it still get to while they work out their problems. Sounds like a great compromise.

I'd rather hang with "the GP".

The wait times don't bother me.. Superman isn't a bad ride, but outside of the pretzel loop it's not very exciting, not to mention the flying position makes me nauseated the older I get, I'll usually give Superman a ride once or twice a year, but that's about it.

Hypothetically, if SF were to replace the cars on DDD with the eight seat cars, would it help with capacity, or would it really not make that much of a difference?

Probably not, and if they keep VR on it, it's going to be a nightmare regardless. It's never been great on capacity, but at least they had halfway decent dispatches without the VR, now it's a complete clusterfuck

The 6 seat cars were new when DDD was built and as far as I know are still the only lap bar only option. The ride experience is amazing with the 6 seat lap bar cars compared to the 8 seat with OTSRs. The difference in capacity is minimal and the current trains are great. Before VR it would still get a two hour line most days and the hourly capacity is a joke for such a large busy park, but the ops were always surprisingly fast compared to ops in the rest of the park. VR needs to go. Hopefully they will drop it after this season. It'll be old news next year anyways.

What DDD really needs is a station with an unloading dock and a loading dock separate. The trains always stack and you are stuck in them until you reach the front of the stack. If they got rid of VR and made it so you could unload while the car in front is loading, and then the empty car would move forward for the next load, it would really benefit capacity. The ride has a block before the lift, mid course (though stopping there isn't practical), in the brake run, and two blocks in the station, so it can run 4 cars but even without VR there is never more than one car moving on the course. It always stacks so any capacity efficiencies really would need to happen in the station with the loading/unloading process.

The 6 seat cars were new when DDD was built and as far as I know are still the only lap bar only option. The ride experience is amazing with the 6 seat lap bar cars compared to the 8 seat with OTSRs. The difference in capacity is minimal and the current trains are great. Before VR it would still get a two hour line most days and the hourly capacity is a joke for such a large busy park, but the ops were always surprisingly fast compared to ops in the rest of the park. VR needs to go. Hopefully they will drop it after this season. It'll be old news next year anyways.

What DDD really needs is a station with an unloading dock and a loading dock separate. The trains always stack and you are stuck in them until you reach the front of the stack. If they got rid of VR and made it so you could unload while the car in front is loading, and then the empty car would move forward for the next load, it would really benefit capacity. The ride has a block before the lift, mid course (though stopping there isn't practical), in the brake run, and two blocks in the station, so it can run 4 cars but even without VR there is never more than one car moving on the course. It always stacks so any capacity efficiencies really would need to happen in the station with the loading/unloading process.

I'm totally with you on the lap bar only experience. In my opinion it is vastly superior to the OTSR experience. One note on the loading and unloading of cars. They have actually kind of implemented what you're talking about this year. Prior to this season, only one car could be loaded and unloaded at a time. When VR was added this year, they added an additional operator control stand as well as the necessary electrical components to load/unload two cars simultaneously. I've only been on DDD one time this year because the VR is *such* a capacity nightmare, but when I did ride that's what they were doing. I'm not sure that it would be more efficient to have separate load and unload stations due to size of the cars, but hopefully they will continue unloading and loading two cars at time whenever VR leaves. Really the ride should have been capable of this from day one, but at least it's installed now.