TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I am all for flash pass, during summer season, going first time my self a july weekend..

But the question I have is;

Gold or platinum?

Just going 1 day, a july weekend.. is the platinum worth it? Or will gold be more then enough?

You should be fine just getting the gold. We went to SFGAdv last summer on a Friday in July and got the gold flash pass. We would reserve our next ride as soon as we got checked into out current ride. By the time our current ride was over, the window for our next ride was open (or it was open by the time we walked to the next ride). I don't remember much waiting around for our reservation windows to open.

On our visit, the Flash Pass office wasn't open during the early entry. So we rode Joker 2-3 times without a wait since it was right next to the Flash Pass office and then picked up our flash pass.

Edited by VegasBaby

Spontaneously decided to embrace the heat & drive down to the park today at 1:30pm. Got there at 2:45pm and was in the park by 2:55. The park was dead. El Toro was the longest wait of the day, almost an hour even though the line was barely full (just the last set of switchbacks) because no one wants to fill the back of the station & heavier people ignore the test seats (each train had 2-3 minute dispatches due to heavier people in 1 or 2 cars, about 7-8 walk of shames in that time period)

Toro: 3x

Kingda Ka: 1x (front obvi)

Nitro: Lost count, but at least 10.

Batman: 8x

Skull Mountain: 1x

Was eyeing Wonder Woman, but I got spoiled on opening day and rode 3 times without leaving my seat so now I'm tainted and can't justify a wait longer than 10 minutes for it. (It stayed at full queue all day)

Here's some sunset photos I snapped as I left the park at 8:30pm.

IMG-1727.jpg

IMG-1728.jpg

IMG-1729.jpg

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for anyone going to the park today or soon...

Last night some random girl popped up in the Great Adventure Connoisseurs FB group with a seemingly convoluted tale about how she tried to ride Wonder Woman yesterday, but while in line the ride began "shaking violently as if it was going to collapse"/"making strange noises" and then they shut the ride down. Of course the jaded enthusiasts of the group jumped on her for making sh*t up and starting BS rumors, and after a few minutes she simply deleted the thread. End of story, or so we thought.

Today the ride is listed as closed on the app and the website and not only is there a large crane on site/work being done, they even put the construction fence back up...

WWLOT62719.thumb.jpg.22e6b538719f954fec3fa4334e88e7be.jpg

I mean, it could be nothing, right?

^^ I too haven't gotten over there yet since it opened and was hoping to do so over the next week or two since I have some time off around the 4th and not a whole lot of plans. Guess I'm gonna wait-and-see now.

Relevant: it seems all the other giant discoveries within the chain are in fact operating.

OK so via a reputable source @ the park today - the fence is up because apparently the concrete around the ride hadn't completely set because of all the hot weather, so they are repaving over there. There is ride maintenance taking place, but (apparently) has nothing to do with the fence.

Took an extra day off from work on the end of my VA vacation to stop at GAdv on the way home and it is absolutely dead today. Arrived at noon and within the first hour rode Cyborg, Justice League twice, Batman in back, Nitro in back, and Skull Mountain in back. Glad I stopped by.

• 2 weeks later...

Where's a good place near SF to grab a somewhat quick meal and a beer for dinner? For lunch, do they have wraps or anything remotely healthy in the park? We like to eat at least somewhat clean for lunch and we don't care as much for dinner.

There's not much down that road, honestly. I know there's a McDonald's and a Wawa, and maybe a couple other fast food places?

I'd say you would be best off picnicking in the parking lot, but the security line is stupid there. I'd suggest the Go Fresh Cafe. It's not great, but it's healthier than the others they offer. Liberty Tavern has the beer U want.

Where's a good place near SF to grab a somewhat quick meal and a beer for dinner? For lunch, do they have wraps or anything remotely healthy in the park? We like to eat at least somewhat clean for lunch and we don't care as much for dinner.

The area by the park doesn't have much. I usually eat in Hamilton (20 min away) after I leave.

I think there's a gyro place by El Toro that looked to have some healthier options. No clue how good they are though.

There was nothing edible at all in the park when I visited a couple of years ago, and the area seemed to be predominantly fast food / gas station food. I'd plan alternatives well in advance if possible.

Yeah, your best bet is Wawa because everything else is crappy fast food and a weird pizza place. That said, all of those places will be packed after the park closes so if there's something closer to wherever you're staying that would be a better bet. I like Wawa, it's not the greatest thing out there but it's the best option by the park by default.

PS: If you do go to Wawa it's on the left but you have to turn right to get there because Jersey. If after going right to go left you’d like to complete your cultural Jersey experience at Wawa you’re also welcome to pull up to a gas pump and have someone pump your gas for you.

I was at the park today and it was dead . I got lots of rides in - 37 without a flash pass. Had to leave early because of the storm moving in. I could've had a lot more.

Wonder Woman is still fenced in, and there was no activity at all by it today. It looks almost complete. I was hoping to ride "her" when I was there . It looks like Crazanity at Magic Mountain in LA. I enjoy that ride a lot -- lots of airtime. Is there a reasonable guess for the opening? I'll be back in September for "Riding of the Bull." I'm hoping she's up then.

If you’re really looking for a place for beers and good food, you could always give the Plumsted Grill a try. It’s a little under ten minutes from the park in the opposite direction from 195 (back where 537 turns into a two-lane road). Food and drinks are good and reasonably priced. That said, there isn’t anything else around it, so it’ll also depend on where you guys ended up choosing to stay. If you’re closer to Hamilton or Freehold, it’s better to try and find something more closer to there.

Just don’t go to Tommy’s next to the KFC, no matter how desperate you are for a drink. It sucks. Hard.

And if you don't have time/don't feel like waiting for the front. Honestly, as long as you sit in any of the front rows of a car, its considerably smoother than in the the backs of one.

...But as for the question above. Yea, probably not gonna happen. Those restraints have been available for nearly a decade already, so if SIX haven't bothered to put in them yet, I don't see them installing now or anytime in the future.