TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The model they're getting is a Mack Wild Mouse (Compact Park)

So this is what they're getting:

I love it. SFGAm fans wait 4 years for a good coaster, and all we get is another painful spinning coaster while at the same time other parks get B&M's, Intamins, GCI's, and other good roller coasters. The theming had better make the ride 10,000% better, otherwise I will be extremely disappointed.

I really don't see why everyone is complaining so much. It should be a decent ride even without theming, and if they can pull off the theming well, it should be a great family ride. And even if you don't want a family ride, the Six Flags chain is not going to go forever without a new thrill coaster at any of their parks. There will be major coasters built eventually.

^It's $7.5 Million that could've been used to build a way better coaster.

Not a better steel coaster. A woodie, yes, but a decent steel coaster (You mentioned B&M and Intamin in your post) would cost far more. SLCs are $10 million, B&Ms start at around 12 million, with sizable ones running above $20 million.

Although the smallest Intamins like Kanonen start around $7-$8 million, the truth is you can't get a top notch steel coaster for $7.5 million. And I'm sure that the price tag for these coasters includes theming. In 1998, TWO Mack Compact Mobile Wild Mouse coasters cost $5.3 Million. I can't find any more recent stats, or stats for Park model Mice, but I think that if there wasn't theming, these coasters would be costing a whole lot less.

I love it. SFGAm fans wait 4 years for a good coaster, and all we get is another painful spinning coaster while at the same time other parks get B&M's, Intamins, GCI's, and other good roller coasters. The theming had better make the ride 10,000% better, otherwise I will be extremely disappointed.

Stop complaining, we waited six years for a new coaster and what did we get? The park leveled to the ground, that's what.

Go drive by, it's nothing but a big open field now. Be happy with what you have.

I can't think of any Six Flags parks getting a NEW B&M or Intamin. Quite your whining, the park isn't out to please you.

I find it amusing that the same ride is going to three different Six Flags parks, but only SFNE's will be part of the Flashpass. Good luck to everyone at the SFGA's who want to ride this thing!

Here's some number crunching.

Figuring a dispatch of a car every 45 seconds, that is 80 dispatches an hour. I am going to figure 1 out of every 2 cars will be going out with an empty seat so every 90 seconds, 7 riders are dispatched. 40 * 7 = 280 riders an hour. Unless there is a single riders line, this is going to have a 2 -3 hour wait easily.

True, but you know that there's no way they could sell that land for houses and keep the park there. All that would do is create one of those places where the new homeowners do nothing but bitch about the park (like Dornye or BGE).

I still say the reason they're investing nothing into it is to shut the place down eventually. Hopefully Wild One would be moved if this happens.

dt

SFA was one of SF's best performing parks this year. Also, it has already been reported that alot of internal upgrades are happening for next year so theres like a 0% chance they are thinking about selling off the park. The location of SFA and the amount of land SFA has is something others would kill for. I just think that SF is taking it's time with the park as alot of things have improved over the years. SFA is one of the most beat up on parks for no reason.

Wow... I just saw the pics of Chiller getting disassembled and signs for the Dark Knight all around it. WTF!?

This is weak! Why did they waste all that money to refurbish and modify Chiller just to tear it down months later? I know it's reliability to work suck and all but that was a kick butt coaster.

I'm sad. Time to go sob now.

^At least you got to ride it, each time i head to SFGADV it was closed. It looked like an awesome coaster when it had the zero-g roll and i can't think of any coaster in the world right now that has two zero-g rolls, can someone refresh my mind by naming a coaster that has two of them?

Oh, Sfgadv also has more then 2 good coasters. How are Nitro and Medusa not good coasters?

And when i was there, the only ride scheduled to be closed for the day was el toro, but it opened at 4 PM and after 4 PM Kingda KA was running great but before 4 PM it had delays every 20-35 or so minutes.

Take into acount that I've been to the park all of one time, which was not this season (when they supposedly cleaned up), and it was when they had the absolute worst operations I have seen. The crew on El Toro was absolutely pathetic and inefficient. And, again, having been to parks with better coasters of almost every type (El Toro and Kingda Ka being the sole exception, and many of these being at SFMM), I was extremely dissapointed in the park. And, yes, it was really crowded and really dirty. Were there any breakdowns? Only Kingda Ka broke down and I didn't mind in the least, as I had been on TTD. All of the things I found fault with were not out of the park's control (except for crowds).

And about it being the nicest themed? If you take out Kingda Ka and El Toro's respective "lands", all you get are some extremely hideous ice cream buildings that are in desparate need of paint. Is it a decent park? Yes. Is it the best SF park? Not in the least. SFMM is better in my opinion, and there are better SF parks than that, too.

^I'm not saying they aren't good, it's just neither of them wowed me as I've been on better B&M Hypers and I've been on Scream. I found Nitro to have very little air towards the back, versus Apollo's Chariot, which gave superb backseat rides every time I went on.