TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

I don’t know who needs to hear this but stop doing this: so you can make people stand in this twice as long in the name of social distancing. Just load every seat.

Posted Images

Oh, Sfgadv also has more then 2 good coasters. How are Nitro and Medusa not good coasters?

And when i was there, the only ride scheduled to be closed for the day was el toro, but it opened at 4 PM and after 4 PM Kingda KA was running great but before 4 PM it had delays every 20-35 or so minutes.

Take into acount that I've been to the park all of one time, which was not this season (when they supposedly cleaned up), and it was when they had the absolute worst operations I have seen. The crew on El Toro was absolutely pathetic and inefficient. And, again, having been to parks with better coasters of almost every type (El Toro and Kingda Ka being the sole exception, and many of these being at SFMM), I was extremely dissapointed in the park. And, yes, it was really crowded and really dirty. Were there any breakdowns? Only Kingda Ka broke down and I didn't mind in the least, as I had been on TTD. All of the things I found fault with were not out of the park's control (except for crowds).

And about it being the nicest themed? If you take out Kingda Ka and El Toro's respective "lands", all you get are some extremely hideous ice cream buildings that are in desparate need of paint. Is it a decent park? Yes. Is it the best SF park? Not in the least. SFMM is better in my opinion, and there are better SF parks than that, too.

^I'm not saying they aren't good, it's just neither of them wowed me as I've been on better B&M Hypers and I've been on Scream. I found Nitro to have very little air towards the back, versus Apollo's Chariot, which gave superb backseat rides every time I went on.

I'm sure some of you are aware of this, but just for those that don't know ---

The O.D. Hopkins Shoot-the-Chute ride next to Chiller (Movie Town Water Effect) is being taken out too for The Dark Knight.

Perhaps they will use the extra space for themeing, as those 2 rides are pretty near each other if I remember correctly. Nice themed line like Batman maybe? I'm kinda wondering how these Dark Knights will turn out. Looks promising on the themeing side right now, but they haven't told us much either.

This whole thing is so sad.

I still remeber looking at the ride's concept art when I was 6, and being blown away.

Also, the tradoff from Chiller to indoor wildmouse will be difficult to take for the thrill seekers out there.

I still can't get over this! I really hope it finds a new home somewhere in the U.S. This is up near the top of the list of rides I want to ride. Yes, I am a self-professed Premier fanboy.

They do seem to be taking it apart rather carefully for me to think it's going away forever. My bet is that, for now, it will go into storage, and my prayer is that it becomes the replacement for Psyclone at SFMM.

Christian! Not only Tom works on Amusement Pics you know. So does Brian, Harry, Josh and I.

Said my good-byes last Saturday!

Then I threw Jeff (drunkmunkey)

-Dainan "I'll be getting pictures Monday" Rafferty

^Well...my pictures were not in that update....I don't do the updates. I just have some photos in the Spotlights and video clips! Above all, I run my own site. So...I'm tell Tom your thanks

-Dainan "I should of been more clear" Rafferty

Just at Gadv today. Update.. More of the cobra roll is gone, the LIMs have been "unplugged" You will probably see pics of that later. Also, the air gates are now removed. Oh and the stairs to Robin's cobra roll are removed and still assembled but placed inside Water Effect.

I always thought this ride was sort of an eye-sore. It did to SFGAd's Gotham City what Superman did to all of SFMM.

GAd's Gotham City will probably seem so open after its gone, but not after the new building is built.

I always thought this ride was sort of an eye-sore. It did to SFGAd's Gotham City what Superman did to all of SFMM.

GAd's Gotham City will probably seem so open after its gone, but not after the new building is built.

A big sign as to why i don't like the new Six Flags, GAdv doesn't have a gotham city, it's called "Movietown" and it used to be... related to movies and not just all about Batman.