TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^^ What I meant was "park with the most past coaster's that's still open". I don't GL count's, because they shut down, and they naturaly lost all of their coasters.

Technically, Geauga Lake is still operational, just coasterless. So it does count. Sorta...

No, Geauga Lake is gone. "Wildwater Kingdom" is what is still open.

Prater Park has the most coasters to be dismantled.

I thoguht Prater Park was more of a coaster expo than an amusement park.

^^^ What I meant was "park with the most past coaster's that's still open". I don't GL count's, because they shut down, and they naturaly lost all of their coasters.

Technically, Geauga Lake is still operational, just coasterless. So it does count. Sorta...

No, Geauga Lake is gone. "Wildwater Kingdom" is what is still open.

Prater Park has the most coasters to be dismantled.

I thoguht Prater Park was more of a coaster expo than an amusement park.

Whatever... I said that it sorta counts.

And beyond that, Prater Park is made up of rides operated by several showmen, so it doesn't really count.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading the whole story of the ride. Everything from the removal of the Li'l Wheel, to the removal of the ride itself. So much effort and will power went into this ride. So much hype and excitement. Now its all gone. 10 years from now, the new generation will have know knowledge of its existence, and will have followed in the footsteps of Shockwave, Viper, Lightnin' Loops, and so many others before it.

It's a painfully gruesome shame

For anybody interested, I recreated Chiller in RCT3. The videos are on my YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Platformz. Screen cap below.

* Both sides duel as originally designed

* Both sides have the original zero-g roll, no lumpy crap!

* Both sides launch at 88 miles an hour (a pointless & humerous sci-fi bonus)

* Ok, the trains are not the same as the real deal, but, since everything else works, it's an acceptable trade-off.

* Don't get me started on Movie Town Water Effect.

Axeman - I feel the same way about park histories and where we came from as far as ride evolution. "We stand on the shoulders of giants" as the saying goes. Without divulging too much, I'm working on some new ride recreations you just might like.

chil.jpg.7526941007006756ffba19a16fc7bb0e.jpg

Early shot of BRC.

^^^I wish there was a way to tell the story of every rollercoasters that's ever been, so that they don't get lost in history.

I submit to you an idea. I think you should build a really nice, custom themepark, built entirely out of rides that have left SFAGd. That's 13 rollecoasters, and handfull of wet/dry slides, a log flume, and countless flats. You seem up to the challenge, since you've created such a sound replica of the Chiller.

First, thanks for the kind words all. There's much yet to learn, but I'm grateful.

I think you should build a really nice, custom themepark, built entirely out of rides that have left SFAGd. That's 13 rollecoasters, and handfull of wet/dry slides, a log flume, and countless flats.

Great idea, and I do like many of their previous rides, but I haven't had good luck with whole parks. Focusing on individual ride PoVs seems to work out better, particularly the relocated or destroyed. It's like a wierd ship-in-a-bottle hobby thing...and it's FUN too!

Attached are a couple more pics. Another Chiller and one of a few new projects coming in the next several weeks. Again, thanks for the encouragement. It means quite a bit.

Ok ok, enough of my crap! Chiller is the thread focus after all.

llproto2.jpg.5583f32d0f6a0ad7b2b54bdd94664c9b.jpg

Still testing the ride, but almost ready to move it to site and landscape.

llproto1.jpg.ba6a2cfb8a4150cc51b7b02400cb0e10.jpg

Look familiar arrow and SFGAdv fans?

chiltrains.jpg.25dd2e8a395180c1b13d4a0419d44ab6.jpg

Chiller updated screen with trains.

If I remember, the looping coaster (schwartzkopf looking train) had LIMs/launch as an option, but it didn't do a zero-g roll in the track. It did a twist that looked close, but not quite. I used the extended coaster and the LIMS with it.

Steelworx is cool, but I'm leary of it for some reason. May try it eventually. Same for No Limits. Who knows? Good suggestions both.

One of the websites listed mentioned two "incidents" with the robin train. It said that a design flaw in the barrel roll caused an incident in 2006, and then another incident happen in 2007. What incidents is that referring to?

Also I didn't realize they replaced the barrel rolls with that lame track. Thinking back, I believe I actually managed to get a ride on it back in '98 when both sides were running simultaneously.

Are you using some sort of a cheat code to get the Mega-coaster to do inversions? As far as internet downloading goes, I've only gotten as far as downloading new scenery.

I'm using the extended coaster that has several different trains (mostly b&ms and hypers) and a variety of track layouts. Unless you need arrow or schwartkopf style trains, extended coaster is a great tool.

...Boy do I miss Lightning Loops.

That is exactly why I build. Same feeling for Opryland. While it never ever duplicates the original experience, it does bring back happy memories. Same for Chiller. Grew to think it was cool because it was so different. Bummed it's going away. Never got to see Lightning Loops, but thought it was great unique ride (short of LNM, OE).