TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I don't really get what the problem is. The Mr. Freezes seem to run pretty well these days. What can't they get ironed out with these that they've been able to take care of with the Freezes?

Supposedly it was crapply installed. Plus there were problems with the rolls, but that was fixed. I'm recall hearing that the LIMs were damaged during assembly or installation. And it used so much power that it was impossible for them to duel like they were designed to. I would love to see them fixed and installed at a new park though. I know a park a little north of SFGAdv that could use a launch coaster

I'm still upset about this I never rode Batman with just lapbars.

This park just seems to want to become a Dutch Wonderland with big roller coasters (yes some great coasters at that). I mean how many family/extreme flats have been removed. Now they are removing 3 rides(2 coasters and MTWE?) for one ride that's a Wild Mouse.

I think SFGADV thinks they can just keep attracting people by adding a huge ride every so often and adding kiddie sections. And the big rides they can't maintain they just tear down or let fall apart; the Chiller was a really good ride after the trains were modified.

^We at GADV.com had a Q&A with General Manager Mark Kane, who did indead say that!

You didn't happen to ask him how we can ever again believe anything he says, since he said that it was going to be repaired for next year?

Does anybody reallize that the removal of this coaster makes it the amusement park with the most "past coasters"? If you compensate for both Batman & Robin, and both of the Lightnin' Loops, the park is up to 13.

SFGAd has closed more coasters than most parks ever hope to build!!!

If another park bought this ride, they are stupid. This ride has had so many problems over the years, it would be a terrible investment. Of course, just about any ride that has been moved from Great Adventure has worked great after its removal, so who knows.

^^^ What I meant was "park with the most past coaster's that's still open". I don't GL count's, because they shut down, and they naturaly lost all of their coasters.

Cedar Point may have closed 13, but CP has 103 years of operation over GAd, and 71 years of coaster building over GAd.

Of course, just about any ride that has been moved from Great Adventure has worked great after its removal, so who knows.

With the exception of the ones that were liquidated, and the ones sitting in the boneyard, of course. Just look at Sky Pilot; it doesn't seem to be doing to well...

Boneyard.jpg.181937e8da156251a87a9aedf11f6c2a.jpg

..After

19970062.thumb.jpg.cbac8b3521963c33cb4a1d061506f984.jpg

Before...

^^^ What I meant was "park with the most past coaster's that's still open". I don't GL count's, because they shut down, and they naturaly lost all of their coasters.

Technically, Geauga Lake is still operational, just coasterless. So it does count. Sorta...

Trying not to get off topic but... Prater Park has the most coasters to be dismantled.

The "kiss of death spider" is just that inflatable spider that can be found at a lot of Six Flags parks, most notably SFMM has one that is usually attatched to Collosos.

Well, The chiller deconstruction is moving pretty slowly, the electrical parts look barely even touched, it's just all disconnected and lying around. I have photos from 3 days ago, but i won't be able to put it up until i fix my computer

Of course, just about any ride that has been moved from Great Adventure has worked great after its removal, so who knows.

With the exception of the ones that were liquidated, and the ones sitting in the boneyard, of course. Just look at Sky Pilot; it doesn't seem to be doing to well...

Of course the rides that are in the boneyard are not doing that great. By "moved" I meant relocated.

And getting onto this whole thing about Great Adventure removing rides and coasters, the park has a very weird history and the removal of Chiller just adds to that. Just think of how long Cedar Point and Geauga Lake have been in operation compared to Great Adventure and those two parks have removed 13 coasters each, while Great Adventure has removed the same amount.