TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

50 People! KD better start re-thinking their plans right away!

But seriously, 50 people won't make any difference to KD. That's not even enough to fill two trains on Intimidator.

Also, I haven't said anything about it yet, but that Pre-K pass is brilliant.

Edited by GCI Wooden

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

no.

stop being dumb, and just accept you didn't get what you wanted.

50 people is definitely gonna hurt KD. 50 people is definitely gonna make them build Terra winged inverted standup rmc Aquatrax. They'll probably make more money from the more families visiting the park than they did off of you and your 50 friends.

So.. should I lose all hope in this park and drive up to carowinds and bgw instead? Speaking of Carowinds how far is it from Richmond va and is it even worth the drive?

I understand that this isn't the time or the thread for rational thinking but personally KD might still be my favorite park in the chain after Cedar Point. I prefer it to Ki, Knotts, Carowinds, Dorney and Wonderland for sure. KI might have a better coaster lineup (debatable) but KD has much nicer atmosphere, great flats and a spectacular log flume.

Anyway go back to your relentless bitching.

we loved it when we visited last year, and they have a really great woodie in Woodstock Express (that many folks skip, since it's a junior coaster)

Even after visiting BGW, we still very much enjoyed this park (other than Hurler, of course, which beat the crappola out of us).

but any park with such a great kids section, as well as the Tower, Volcano, Intimidator, that amazing Drop Tower, and a really decent bobsleds?

I just don't get the complaining.

but oh well. . most of those complaining seem rather young, so maybe they will learn to appreciate what they have instead of bitching about what they wish they had.

Hey, if you pay money you have the right to complain, or just take your money somewhere else. It's America. You can bellyache as much as you want..lol..

I understand people being a little salty. Forget the teasers and what not, a certain anticipation was built up when they decided to have the event. If they didn't have it, and they kind of just announced something new, then it wouldn't be too bad. Sure, complaining would have taken place (like just about with'any' new addition), but folks would've gotten over it.

Ride on!

They will make more money from the more families visiting the park than they did off of you and your 50 friends.

Fixed.

Yup. Anything to do with kids will always pull more loot. I usually skip Kings Dominion in 2 year increments, but might go next year since my soon to be 4 year old can get in free.

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?[/quote

GOODBYE!

You are also banned from TPR!

any chance you could modify his profile so his signature and location don't mention masturbation and oral sex?

"Sir, madmax is leading a boycott of Kings Dominion. He's got 50 people on board."

"We can't have this. Stocks already dropped yesterday after we closed WWK. Get B&M on the line."

IMG_1970.JPG.f9c25a3a7e26ff8ca3e4e76f388f0678.JPG

The clues do not point to something big.

While I agree that the common thread is Snoopy and that was a giveaway as to the content of the announcement...

...You don't think that a picture of Snoopy "snooping" around the site of a closed roller coaster points to an announcement about what they plan to do with that roller coaster? Especially when they've already made comments in the media about "our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season" and yet they have not yet made any followup about that? And in a recent video they talked about green track versus red track, etc., fanning the flames even more.

Obviously this is not a promise or a guarantee. But in my book that's clearly misleading.

Judging by the concept art and the fact that Planet Snoopy's ride count is only going up to 20 instead of 21, I'm guessing Snoopy's Bounce House is going to be replaced by Sally's Sea Plane. More of the same, but I can't blame them for removing it for a ride in every other Planet Snoopy. When people get sick from the humidity in those inflatables, the protein spills can be a lot more frustrating to clean up than on regular concrete.

Well, I've been a season pass holder for years. I've purchased four season passes each year for myself and my kids. One year I purchased platinum passes for myself and my daughter and toured Carowinds and Cedar Point. Next year I was planning on going all out purchasing all platinum passes for all of my kids and spending a week in Sandusky with KD being my home park. I would have purchased those passes with no additions next year, simply replacing asphalt with brick pavers would have been fine. However, the hype got me excited. KD home park peeps are well overdue for a coaster. Revamping Hurler would have been great, enough in my eyes. I can certainly understand upgrading Planet Snoopy, your creating future patrons that way, I get it. So while I was content with brick pavers at one point, today legitimately upset me. Whoever was responsible for today's fiasco and teasing should be fired. All four of us watched the announcement this morning. While I was upset, the disappointment in my kids faces was real. You don't treat loyal customers like that, in essence Lucy pulled the football from Charlie Brown once again. That being said, I have always been loyal to KD, but no more. I have never been to BGW, but that money I would have spent in multiple Cedar Fair parks next year will be going directly to BGW season passes. I will be driving right past KD and won't regret it. In business you can't please everybody, and you shouldn't try. But one thing you NEVER do is agitate the loyal base customers who are the bedrock of your business. Is KD trying to compete with Sesame Street or BGW??

This is a perfect example of why so many people hate dealing with Americans: ME ME ME ME ME. Waahhh. You're going to lose MY business!!! (which is BS most of the time probably including this time)

God forbid an amusement park is going to build something that other people are going to enjoy instead of you. What makes it even funnier is that it was extremely obvious Planet Snoopy was coming based off the teasers

While I agree that the common thread is Snoopy and that was a giveaway as to the content of the announcement...

...You don't think that a picture of Snoopy "snooping" around the site of a closed roller coaster points to an announcement about what they plan to do with that roller coaster? Especially when they've already made comments in the media about "our plan is to reopen it for the 2017 season" and yet they have not yet made any followup about that? And in a recent video they talked about green track versus red track, etc., fanning the flames even more.

Obviously this is not a promise or a guarantee. But in my book that's clearly misleading.

Not to me . . .

I understand what you are saying but those occurrences (outside of Snoopy snooping) were not part of the PR campaign to tease something new for 2017. There is a difference between what is leaked from a company and what is released by a company.

I think the new rides and the Pre-K passes are good additions to the park, and I believe all Cedar Fair's 2017 additions are great, even though they didn't announce any major thrill rides, except for Mystic Timbers and Patriot. Parks should focus on families with young children, as they make up a majority of ticket and season pass sales. Although what KD's adding is a good addition, they massively overhyped the announcement and mislead a lot of people by focusing on Hurler, causing immense disappointment. All parks should take note of KD's 2017 announcement and the teasing for it, because it's a prime example of how NOT to announce a small addition.

I think the new rides and the Pre-K passes are good additions to the park, and I believe all Cedar Fair's 2017 additions are great, even though they didn't announce any major thrill rides, except for Mystic Timbers and Patriot. Parks should focus on families with young children, as they make up a majority of ticket and season pass sales. Although what KD's adding is a good addition, they massively overhyped the announcement and mislead a lot of people by focusing on Hurler, causing immense disappointment. All parks should take note of KD's 2017 announcement and the teasing for it, because it's a prime example of how NOT to announce a small addition.

Exactly. No more to be said relating to the issue.

Well, I've been a season pass holder for years. I've purchased four season passes each year for myself and my kids. One year I purchased platinum passes for myself and my daughter and toured Carowinds and Cedar Point. Next year I was planning on going all out purchasing all platinum passes for all of my kids and spending a week in Sandusky with KD being my home park. I would have purchased those passes with no additions next year, simply replacing asphalt with brick pavers would have been fine. However, the hype got me excited. KD home park peeps are well overdue for a coaster. Revamping Hurler would have been great, enough in my eyes. I can certainly understand upgrading Planet Snoopy, your creating future patrons that way, I get it. So while I was content with brick pavers at one point, today legitimately upset me. Whoever was responsible for today's fiasco and teasing should be fired. All four of us watched the announcement this morning. While I was upset, the disappointment in my kids faces was real. You don't treat loyal customers like that, in essence Lucy pulled the football from Charlie Brown once again. That being said, I have always been loyal to KD, but no more. I have never been to BGW, but that money I would have spent in multiple Cedar Fair parks next year will be going directly to BGW season passes. I will be driving right past KD and won't regret it. In business you can't please everybody, and you shouldn't try. But one thing you NEVER do is agitate the loyal base customers who are the bedrock of your business. Is KD trying to compete with Sesame Street or BGW??

This is a perfect example of why so many people hate dealing with Americans: ME ME ME ME ME. Waahhh. You're going to lose MY business!!! (which is BS most of the time probably including this time)

God forbid an amusement park is going to build something that other people are going to enjoy instead of you. What makes it even funnier is that it was extremely obvious Planet Snoopy was coming based off the teasers

Lol,..you are right as far as the losing my business part. I'll say this. You say "so many" people hate dealing with Americans? Yeah until money comes into play. Then all you hear is, hey my friend come to my business. Me, Me, Me? My, My, My money.

Exactly how I feel.

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.