TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

I'm glad I didn't go because I'm not ready to be banned from the park for life. Was there anything at the announcement event said that anyone actually there was interested in, except for the "whatever's best for the park" types? Should have just been announced online, or maybe in the Burger King parking lot or something.

I agree the park's still great, best coaster on the planet goes a long way with me. I'm now predicting new coasters in 2020, 2030, and 2040 .

I'm glad I didn't go because I'm not ready to be banned from the park for life. Was there anything at the announcement event said that anyone actually there was interested in, except for the "whatever's best for the park" types?

I really enjoyed the free cookie after the announcement? We got a little Snoopy plushie as well!!!

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.

Thank you Larry and Robb for banning him. This thread was nothing but a nightmare with him here. Hey with him gone Bill should be coming back now. I'm willing to bet that he's going to try and create another account. Is anyone else willing to bet this?

The announcement is really making me wonder what, when, and how the elephant in the room will be dealt with.

Oh, and by the way, I believe I'm the first one to speculate that it might have something to do with Planet Snoopy. So there's an "I told you so" moment.

While I don't think they teased the KD2017 thing very well (way too much for something so small) the additions were still good and they need to build a more loyal family base sometimes.

I do think that the KD announcement was a false decoy, because the sheer amount of teasing they did does not logically match with the announcement.

While I don't think they teased the KD2017 thing very well (way too much for something so small) the additions were still good and they need to build a more loyal family base sometimes.

I do think that the KD announcement was a false decoy, because the sheer amount of teasing they did does not logically match with the announcement.

+1

I'm starting a boycott of KD. Already got over 50 going along with me on social media. Anyone want to join?

We simply cannot tolerate any more of your insanely stupid posts. Banned for being one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on TPR.

Thank you Larry and Robb for banning him. This thread was nothing but a nightmare with him here. Hey with him gone Bill should be coming back now. I'm willing to bet that he's going to try and create another account. Is anyone else willing to bet this?

That would be a bad bet. You know he has already started another profile.

Honestly lurking on this forum isn't that bad. Its mostly what I do, although during rumor season I post a lot.

Was I disappointed by the announcement? Yes. But, I can get over it because KD has the best coaster in the world.

Yeah. Plus KD is the 3rd best CF park under CP and KI. (Although I personally would put KI and KD over CP, because quality over quantity, but I'm just going by the popular opinion.)

Was I disappointed by the announcement? Yes. But, I can get over it because KD has the best coaster in the world.

Yeah. Plus KD is the 3rd best CF park under CP and KI. (Although I personally would put KI and KD over CP, because quality over quantity, but I'm just going by the popular opinion.)

I didn't know carowinds just closed.

I have to give it up to the marketing team at KD. They new EXACTLY what they were doing, and they succeeded! This announcement is getting a lot more attention, and definitely a lot more than most other parks who recently announced 2017 additions.

I have never been to KD, but I certainly cant see what there is to complain about. They have a lot to offer, and a lot that other parks do not have. What am I missing here?

It didn't. King's Dominion is just a more well-rounded park. Nicer atmosphere and better line up of rides. Fury is killer but the rest of the park can't really stand on its own. Afterburn and Intimidator are fun too but everything else is just... meh.

Carowinds has nothing outstanding other than Fury 325 and Afterburn (I really don't find I232 that impressive personally). Their flats prior to 2017 were really lacking, and the rest of their coasters range from decently mediocre to impressively bad. I love Fury; it's my favorite coaster, but the park as it stands currently isn't all that great. In my opinion, KD has a far better selection of coasters, flat rides, and landscaping. Even though I like Fury more than I305 and Afterburn more than Volcano, I still think KD takes the cake in nearly all categories here. Obviously, with so much investment in Carowinds recently, this is subject to change.

It didn't. King's Dominion is just a more well-rounded park. Nicer atmosphere and better line up of rides. Fury is killer but the rest of the park can't really stand on its own. Afterburn and Intimidator are fun too but everything else is just... meh.

I'd rather go to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Carowinds, and Knott's before I go to Kings Dominion.

Honestly lurking on this forum isn't that bad. Its mostly what I do, although during rumor season I post a lot.

You should post more. It makes me feel better about humanity to see someone who's 16 and actually able to form a complete sentence / rational thought. We don't get much of that around here.

And yeah on the subject of Kings Dominion, I know I said this a few pages back but I prefer it to KD and Carowinds and the section that really sells me is the area back by the flyers and flume and international street which is much nicer than the KI version. I guess I have a thing for trees which those other parks are lacking in and KD has a ton of. KD is very underrated in terms of aesthetics.

You should post more. It makes me feel better about humanity to see someone who's 16 and actually able to form a complete sentence / rational thought. We don't get much of that around here.

And yeah on the subject of Kings Dominion, I know I said this a few pages back but I prefer it to KD and Carowinds and the section that really sells me is the area back by the flyers and flume and international street which is much nicer than the KI version. I guess I have a thing for trees which those other parks are lacking in and KD has a ton of. KD is very underrated in terms of aesthetics.

While the entrance plaza to Carowinds looks nice and futuristic, KD's entrance plaza is absolutely beautiful, it's like a grand promenade...

Obviously this announcement does not excite someone like me, a roller coaster enthusiast with no kids, but I get it. Though KD has not added a roller coaster in a while, they have doing a good job upgrading the other parts of the park where they may have been lacking.

In general, KD is a hard nut to crack roller coaster wise b/c they have such a unique, and impressive roller coaster collection that checks off many boxes. Even if they added a new coaster you would hear either:

A. That ride is not good enough compared to Volacano, i305 or Dominator or;

B. They already have a roller coaster like what ever they'd add. For example, if they added a winged coaster people would say 'they already have a invert and a floorless ride.'

As an aside though I thought there social media roll out was cute.

"I won't be renewing my season pass next year, Busch gardens here I come!"...... coming from the same person who will be first in line to enter the park opening day. You went to the park in previous years, why stop now? I agree that KD shouldn't have teased the planet snoopy exapansion, which led to so much disappointed people, BUT, KD arguably has one of the best roller coasters in the world, two of the most unique coasters (volcano & Avalanche), and a top 5 b&m floorless. My home park is SFA, so just be grateful. Our last REAL coaster was batwing in 2001. It is SLOWLY improving, but I would love to have intimidator and dominator at my park instead of slightly overrated, somewhat boring superman and a relocated pile of garbage, apocalypse.