TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

SERIOUS COMMENTS:

Nice Giga Coaster!!

Simply spectacular the lift + drop supported on 2 structures!!

Changing directions so manny times at high speed, mixed with airtimes, is a thrilling formula!

NOT SO SERIOUS COMMENTS:

The ride looks great, and I guess that is designed specially to make impossible illegal cellphone POV recordings. lol

Please, dont let Favio (The same of BG Europe) ride this coaster... he wont survive a goose hit on this one!

Sorry, Im eating "Clown Flakes"

I like speed, so this ride looks pretty cool. I bet it tears through every element there. Any idea of the height of that second hill? It looks like it'll be about 180 feet. That should be some good airtime.

I bet your eyelids will flap for the first 3,000 feet on this thing.

Edit: I can't wait to see that support structure in photos. That's insane. It reminds me of Superman: Krypton Coaster.

As far as the theme, colors, restraints, number of bolts per support, and anything else that might be wrong with this coaster, I'm confident that by this time next year people won't care anymore.

Quoted for truth.

I really like the way they designed the lift and drop supports. 2 supports for the entire thing?? Awesome. I'm sure it will make more than a few people uneasy.

And if that second hill under the lift has any of the OMFGGGGGGG Maverick ejector airtime (from the first airtime hill), it'll be crazy. It looks like its about half as tall as the lift, maybe a little taller. It should give some good air - especially in the back of the train.

And now, a look behind the tarp.

Thanks for the awesome Pic Chuck, It was nice to finally meet you. I was the tall Black/Asian guy (Tony) that talked with you on top of Eiffel Tower...and you were taelling me about the terrible storms they had in Williamsburg last week, lol. Hope to see ya on Media day next year!

Concerning the ride time of 3 minutes.

I know the lift portion of a coaster takes up a good amount of time compared to the run from the first drop to the final brakes. But, with this being a cable lift and the ride having only 2 trains, wouldn't you think the ride up the lift would be pretty swift?

I know the elevators in the Eiffel Tower take about 30 seconds to get to the observation decks (265/275 feet). I think that the elevator high speed is 7 mph or 10 feet per second (based on the spiel). I realize the trains have a longer distance to travel at a 45 degree angle. But, I cannot imagine the ride up would take more than a minute to get to the top. Does anyone know how long MF takes to get from the base to the apex of the hill? MPH or FPS?

^^From the stats page on the website: http://www.intimidator305.com/public/ride/statistics.cfm

Physical Dimensions:

Track Length: 5,100 feet

Maximum Height: 305 feet

Lift Hill Angle: 45 degrees

Length of First Drop: 300 feet

Angle of First Drop: 85 degrees

Length of Other Drops: 150 feet

Airtime Humps: 6 including S-curve transitions

I know the lift portion of a coaster takes up a good amount of time compared to the run from the first drop to the final brakes. But, with this being a cable lift and the ride having only 2 trains, wouldn't you think the ride up the lift would be pretty swift?

I know the elevators in the Eiffel Tower take about 30 seconds to get to the observation decks (265/275 feet). I think that the elevator high speed is 7 mph or 10 feet per second (based on the spiel). I realize the trains have a longer distance to travel at a 45 degree angle. But, I cannot imagine the ride up would take more than a minute to get to the top. Does anyone know how long MF takes to get from the base to the apex of the hill? MPH or FPS?

Like 20/25 seconds IIRC.

^Most ride time's are "dispatch to dispatch" which is the time you sit down to the time you get back up...

Shouldn't this be called a giga-lite and not a mega-lite?

If people are going to try to the sub-sub-sub classify this thing, it should actually probably be Giga-Mega-Lite, since it's a 300 fot version version of a Mega-Lite's layout.

I will call it "a fun looking roller coaster that I want to go on".

Like I agree that KD really needs something new and exciting, but when your gonna make a coaster that tall, at least have a nice layout that's not all flat. Maybe SOME airtime hills is too much to ask for..

Edit: They could have at least not given it OTSR.

I will agree that I expected more from this ride than what they gave us, but that drop will be a ride and a half right there, I mean if MF's drop is that good, the extra 5 degrees will make it perfect. Plus the first turn looks really forceful, and the 2 airtime hills look like they will at least deliver strong floater air. With all the fast transitions and the amazing sense of speed you're gonna get on this, it's gonna be far from suckish.

I am still in awe at this thread. There is no pleasing you! Like Goliath said, the coolest thing to hit denver ever is a boomerang and an slc! I love Millie and I love Maverick and I have no issue what so ever with the restraints. I love speed so I have no issue with it being a flatter layout. I love airtime and have no problem with there only being six airtime moments.

After seeing comments like the ones about saying "this ride is going to be terrible" it just makes me wonder how spoiled can you get? 25 million dollars on an intamin giga coaster and there isn't a single person on this site excited for it. Give me a break.

Like I agree that KD really needs something new and exciting, but when your gonna make a coaster that tall, at least have a nice layout that's not all flat. Maybe SOME airtime hills is too much to ask for..

This coaster is $25 million as it is. If the elements were any taller, we're talking about a coaster that only Disney or Universal could afford...probably upwards of $35+ million.

This coaster is $25 million as it is. If the elements were any taller, we're talking about a coaster that only Disney or Universal could afford...probably upwards of $35+ million.

I don't know. I would have been more happy with something around 250 feet tall and twice as long. I still think this is a great looking ride though for KD and will definitely try to make it up there to ride it.