TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Comparing Taron to Maverick is comparing apples to oranges. They are great for different reasons. Maverick is intense and packed with forces. Taron is also intense, but it is more about the visuals than just the track layout. Airtime is a little sparse on both coasters, but Maverick's airtime moments are better.

^ I agree. We rode Taron first in spring 2017. Ti was purely amazing. In July we rode Maverick and it blasted Taron down. Again in autumn we got back to Taron and it was kind of.. "Boring". Of course it wasn't really boring, but after Maverick it has lost some of its awesomeness. We're in the Maverick bandwagon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some free time on an upcoming business trip to Germany and after much debate between Europa Park (2.5-hour drive), Holiday Park (1-hour Drive) and Phantasialand (2.5-hour drive), I have decided to go to Phantasialand (this is plan unless someone can convince me otherwise). The days that I can go are Saturday, August 3rd or Sunday, August 4th. Does it make any real difference crowd wise which day I go? I know from a previous trip that many things in Germany are closed on Sundays and people seemed to stay home more, but I don't know how that may translate into crowds at amusement parks. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Looks like it's been a while since a Rookburgh update was posted here.

This week will likely be the last time you get a glimpse of the flying coaster before the area opens.

The hotel is now starting to encircle the ride, and the final soundwall is going up as well.

1571242544608_compress64.thumb.jpg.a93360faf4f0ab84b183ec276e15f572.jpg

IMG_20191016_181254_compress54.thumb.jpg.eac66794460511cbf8fd69c96731c94d.jpg

For many months we had this view from the streets...

E1768AD9-4C8E-474D-86DD-BB109B72F925.thumb.jpg.9d52b22aa6e4de6beaad8541a435135e.jpg

...while those curious enough to peek over the walls over the past few weeks were treated to this insanity:

Sep1.thumb.jpg.eb6722db7abf4acc192376df8f7eada3.jpg

photos: Brian (CF), CLRUN4 (Ameworld), Mario M. (Coasterfriends), Xscaped (PA-community)

Well damn... we'll be making our first trip to this park next Spring and this probably won't be ready so I guess we need to plan another trip to go back again a few years later and ride this and Chiapas some more. This is the cross that I bear.

Hey Bill, when You're over here and have fun for a meet-up, PM me! We'd like to!

• 1 month later...

That looks great!

Well damn... we'll be making our first trip to this park next Spring and this probably won't be ready so I guess we need to plan another trip to go back again a few years later and ride this and Chiapas some more. This is the cross that I bear.

Hey Bill, when You're over here and have fun for a meet-up, PM me! We'd like to!

I just saw this, will do!

WOW

I love everything about it. Did we already know this would have 2-across seating or is this new information? The new Vekoma’s are fantastic and this looks to continue that new tradition.

I love everything about it. Did we already know this would have 2-across seating or is this new information? The new Vekoma’s are fantastic and this looks to continue that new tradition.

From what I understand, it will be two-across seating. Based on that prototype that they built however long ago, you'll board basically sideways, like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and then the cars will rotate into the correct orientation.

From what I understand, it will be two-across seating. Based on that prototype that they built however long ago, you'll board basically sideways, like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and then the cars will rotate into the correct orientation.

Yeah, that's right. There will also be something like a pre show/dark ride part between boarding and the rotation of track and seats, introducing you into the story of Rookburgh/FLY.

Edited by Pedrinho

• 3 months later...
So I'm assuming the virus will give them a reason to still not open it this year!

#TooSoon!

In all seriousness though... You're probably correct. Which is okay by me since our Germany trip got postponed till next year. Hopefully it will be open for our visit early in the year!

• 4 weeks later...
Sooo, I just came across a video, on Facebook, of F.L.Y. testing.... And holy crap! It looks amazing. (I would link the video here.) However, I’m not sure if the page it’s on is allowed here.

Dude this thing looks like the anti-B&M flyer model. It's ripping through those turns! Not even Tatsu carries that much speed through the turns.