TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Due to the ride's nature, the structure is subject to severe fatigue - way more than other rides or coasters (well, maybe pendulum rides are high too). All rides have their expectant lifetimes but I suspect Top Spins lifecycles are among shortest. It's just not worth the risk prolonging the inevitable risk of fatigue failure, but rather replace the ride. Top Spins can also be kinda considered "old style" rides, and newer shinier things may attract more guests. I've heard newer Top Spins don't devour electricity as much as old ones, but that could also be a reason why most old ones are dismantled.

Talocan is new and represents probably an improved design. I don't see it leaving Phanta anytime soon (and I certainly hope it doesn't)!

A nice new African village was created and got its rooftop now:

The man in the video explain that the special tatch that is used was transported down from Kiel to Phantasialand, couse this material wont be used in this area (Mostly used in the north of Germany but to the south less or even not at all).

The used tatch was delivered from China couse it fits more to that rooftop (thinner stalks).

Two of four roofs did fit well, the other needed to be adapted within that progress couse the houses are let into the wall.

Blog: https://phantasialandblog.de/huettenbau-nach-mass-in-africa/

TÜV-Check Black Mamba:

Mr Reichelt - TÜV-expert checking the track for possible collisions, also doing a restraint system check for the seats and also checking the emergency brake.

Blog: https://phantasialandblog.de/auf-herz-und-nieren-die-black-mamba-beim-tuev/

Here another video of all changings at Phantasialand 2018. For example: new theming at Black Mamba, new stores at Alt-Berlin, demolished house / passage for Rookburgh, new merchandise and more.

The spoken language in this video is german but this is not important. Pictures speak their own language

River Quest... The entrance hasn't changed yet and likely won't until later this year (or next off-season).

Had it mixed up with Mystery River at Movie Park and even then I got the name wrong.

Really dig the plussing they've been doing with the ride with Klugheim opening and the new entrance should be the cherry on top.

Hey guys, so me and a couple of friends headed to phantasialand last year (near the end of june) and despite being a school day, it still was really busy. So we decided to give it another try this year: april. 19th (a thursday) so....

-is that a good day to visit the park (again schoolday in mid-april)?

-And around what part of the day is taron's line the shortest?

-Any snacks or things, that we might've missed out/overlooked last time, we definitely should check out?

-Any chance anyone knows where to find a good discount for the park ?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to it, we had a great time last year but, we're really suprised it was so incredibly busy (really until closing time). So, hopefully this time we'll have to park a bit more for ourselves .

19th april seems to be a good day to go - except for some parts of france, no holidays nearby.

Regarding discounts: If you are going to visit other parks in the area, you can check out the annual passes from Plopsa (Plopsa Fun Card), Bellewaerde, Hellendoorn, Bobbejaanland or Walibi Belgium. They come with a discount between -40% to -50% for Phantasialand (at least they did last year - you have to check their websites). The annual pass of Europa Park includes a visit to Phantasialand, but is expensive.

^^ You can usualy find some good deals on dutch/belgium sites, like this one for example 37,50€:

http://www.funticket.be/index-nl.aspx

They might do some location checks. I didn't test it myself.

It should also be noted, that the park is running its "pay once, enjoy twice" campaign (Link) in April, which gives you a free second ticket to use at a later day except in July and August. Considering that you seem to usually aim for empty parks this shouldn't be a problem for you anyway. Make sure you keep your ticket after entering and get your second free ticket at Kaiserplatz (Berlin Plaza) from 12am or at the exits after 2pm.

So whether you get a discounted ticket or not, you would be kinda saving money in April anway.

Although in german, it's always a good idea to check this german fan forum thread for links to deals: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/264-phantasialand-verg%C3%BCnstigte-karten-sonderaktionen/?page=39

19th april seems to be a good day to go - except for some parts of france, no holidays nearby.

Regarding discounts: If you are going to visit other parks in the area, you can check out the annual passes from Plopsa (Plopsa Fun Card), Bellewaerde, Hellendoorn, Bobbejaanland or Walibi Belgium. They come with a discount between -40% to -50% for Phantasialand (at least they did last year - you have to check their websites). The annual pass of Europa Park includes a visit to Phantasialand, but is expensive.

Thanks! Only the mid of france has a vacation then, so that won't be of any trouble I think. As for the funcard, we're probably going to visit holiday park during a roadtrip later this year but that's about it, so that unfortunately won't work to our advantage but thanks anyway!

^^ You can usualy find some good deals on dutch/belgium sites, like this one for example 37,50€:

http://www.funticket.be/index-nl.aspx

They might do some location checks. I didn't test it myself.

Although in german, it's always a good idea to check this german fan forum thread for links to deals: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/264-phantasialand-verg%C3%BCnstigte-karten-sonderaktionen/?page=39

Yea unfortunately, I can't buy them since my IP address ain't in Belgium. Thanks however, for the phantafriends mention! I'll make sure to check them out.

Again excited for the trip. After the mixed reviews, I had low expectations for Taron but ended up really liking it! Hopefully it'll still be hauling ass in april (and let the lines be as short as possible )

Thanks! Only the mid of france has a vacation then, so that won't be of any trouble I think. As for the funcard, we're probably going to visit holiday park during a roadtrip later this year but that's about it, so that unfortunately won't work to our advantage but thanks anyway!

Just to make sure: The annual passes I mentioned do also include discounts for a lot of other parks in the area, e.g. check out http://www.plopsafuncard.be/en/partner-discounts - not only the Plopsa parks.

Hey guys, so me and a couple of friends headed to phantasialand last year (near the end of june) and despite being a school day, it still was really busy. So we decided to give it another try this year: april. 19th (a thursday) so....

-is that a good day to visit the park (again schoolday in mid-april)?

-And around what part of the day is taron's line the shortest?

-Any snacks or things, that we might've missed out/overlooked last time, we definitely should check out?

-Any chance anyone knows where to find a good discount for the park ?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to it, we had a great time last year but, we're really suprised it was so incredibly busy (really until closing time). So, hopefully this time we'll have to park a bit more for ourselves .

Unless you're very unlucky you should be fine. The middle of April is usually a good time to visit the park. Closer to the end of April it tends to get a little more crowded since people want to use the 2 for 1 offer (which is oftentimes extended into May, but the park usually only communicates this right before the end of April).

Shortly before the summer holidays when all exams are done a lot of schools make trips to amusement parks which is most likely why it was busy despite being a school day last year in june.

A good time to visit Taron is at noon when lots of people eat lunch. It's usually more crowded right when the park opens and just before it closes. It's no good going there right at opening time anyway because the ride gets even better later in the day when it's properly warmed up Overall Taron is most likely still gonna have a longer waiting time than everything else - but ideally this should mean something like "Taron 20-30 minutes, everything else 5 mins or walk on".

The absolute shortest waiting times for Taron I've seen are during the "Wintertraum" (winter season) by the way, if your main goal is Taron you should definitely consider visiting then! Basically only River Quest and Wako Bato are closed and the park is gorgeously decorated - plus night rides on Taron are amazing!

Any things you could have overlooked... if you didn't ride Tikal, DO IT!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some pretty tall towers going up in the Rookburgh area

9522063d1529174539-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-juni.jpg

Source

Out of all the things being built in the world, THIS is the one I'm most excited about. Record-breakers and new RMC-remakes are exciting, but a new massive prototype-coaster we know little about, set in a heavily themed environment just tickles me so much more.

• 2 weeks later...

For me this is probably on the most anticipated attractions in a long time. Phantasialand always does everything to the max, but with Taron we at least knew what the ride system was and was capable of. With the (presumed to be) Vekoma flyer I don't know what to expect. There are trenches, and towers, I think I saw a curved launch track somewhere once, I know about the sideways to flying twist the trains do but still what this system is capable of is a bit of a mystery and I'm excited to find out more.

• 4 weeks later...

Phantasialand is allegedly planning a large demolition project at the end of this season (January 2019).

It is said to be the removal of the Geister Rikscha dark ride and the China Town area with the exception of Hotel Ling Bao and Feng Ju Palace.

It certainly won't be Temple of the Nighthawk and Hollywood Tour since the park's popular dinner show Fantissima which is in the same building is currently taking bookings for 2019 and there are no signs of a replacement venue being built anytime soon (by this point a new home in Rookburgh seems very unlikely). Perhaps the China Project will include a replacement theatre, paving the way for them to be removed afterwards?

Another rumour claims the China Town name will be dropped and the area will be renamed 'Asia' when the rebuild is finished.

A few sites are reporting this including Screamscape but I believe the orginial source of the rumour is German site FreizeitparkCheck.de.

Hopefully after 3 coasters and a major water ride they will build a new dark ride, certainly would make sense to reuse Geister's underground hall.

That Geister would be the next ride to be removed has been rumoured for a while now so it will be interesting to if there is any truth in the claims that it will be demolished this Winter.

One way or another as we approach the completion of Rookburgh the next major PHL project must be coming sooner or later...