TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

There was a concept made for Tripsdrill years ago (you can find it here, in german http://alexkorting.de/old/Portfolio/Themepark/Tripsdrill_Flyer/Tripsdrill_Flyer3.html ) basically, you start in normal position with a dark ride part, then you have an effect where something drops down onto you and your seat is tilted backwards, then you get launched out. Sounds like a good idea to me.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pretty much every rumor in the past decade has come true when it comes to Phantasialand, even the launch flying coaster was laughed at and it came true, I have no clue how they finance it all, none of my problem, I guess money is cheap right now and the park is credit worthy. It also helps that it is family owned.

For it's size, the park is rather incredible and so well themed, simply amazing what they did in the past decade-

Funny you should say that actually, because a few years ago I saved some of the details of rumours that popped up on Screamscape around the 2004-2007 era.

Of course these were just rumors and unsure how true they were....... like I say - copied word for word (at the time) from screams cape:-

2007 - Unknown Project - (6/18/04) Sources tell us that the next big plan 
for the park won't open until 2007 to coincide with the 40th Anniversary of 
the park. Along with the plans for the P1 site, we've heard that an all new 
main gate area will be built and could be open in time for the 2005 season 
to allow for the 2007 project to move forward. As for the ride itself, this 
rumor claims it will be a combination dark ride and coaster with no 
inversions but three launch zones, and one backwards section of track. The 
story, so far, is about traveling through an old haunted building past 
ghosts, animatronics and projected effects. You'll slowly climb a staircase 
to encounter ghosts at the top pushing a large table down the stairs at 
you... where you will kick off the backwards section of the ride and via a 
track switch, you'll take a short wild ride through the building until you 
end up in a dark room full of spider webs. The train will rotate on a 
turntable towards a big fireplace with an empty rocking chair moving back 
and forth. As you face the chair a ghost appears, laughs at you, and boom... 
you launch through the fireplace through a tunnel full of false fire 
effects. You'll end up in a haunted kitchen next before the final coaster 
portion of the ride kicks into gear within a huge greenhouse where you will 
exit the ride, leaving the empty cars to venture back into the building for 
the next load of riders. So far the cars will be small, said to only hold 8 
riders so far, but the ride will be large enough to use up to 20 of these 
cars at one time. So far the park is still seeking building permission for 
the ride, but they should get their answer before the summer is over.

Sounds Like this would have been a Cross between curse of Darkastle at BG Williamsburg and Revenge of the mummy!

Dark Thrill Ride - Rumor - (6/1/07) The latest gossip says that this project has been pushed back for redevelopment. Seems the plans would have required the demolition of the Silverado Theatre to make room and they have reconsidered. 
(5/7/07) The timeline here is only a guess at this point, but we’ve heard a popular idea being tossed around, canceled and possibly brought back to life was the idea of an Africa themed Jeep Safari dark ride adventure. Apparently the idea was born after riding both Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens Tampa and the wonderful Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. From the sound of things, riders would climb aboard jeeps to go on a quest for a mystical diamond. Rival treasure hunters make chase and turn your jungle safari into a high speed adventure where you eventually lose them, discover the hidden jungle temple and drive inside to find the diamond. Of course, in classic Indiana Jones fashion the temple begins to self-destruct and the ride is on again as you attempt to escape, which apparently involves a final escape route down a small river and over a waterfall. Our source did manage to capture a piece of artwork showing off one of the Jeep’s on the edge of this very waterfall, where you can also see the hidden coaster track under the water. Sounds like fun to me, but certainly an expensive ride and one that will certainly have to use some cutting edge technology as well. Getting a little too cutting edge has burned the park before in the case of the Winjas coasters that were delayed a whole season, so time will tell if they are willing to experiment again. 

discover the hidden jungle temple and drive inside to find the diamond. Of course, in classic Indiana Jones fashion the temple begins to self-destruct and the ride is on again as you attempt to escape, which apparently involves a final escape route down a small river and over a waterfall. Our source did manage to capture a piece of artwork showing off one of the Jeep’s on the edge of this very waterfall, where you can also see the hidden coaster track under the water. Sounds like fun to me, but certainly an expensive ride and one that will certainly have to use some cutting edge technology as well. Getting a little too cutting edge has burned the park before in the case of the Winjas coasters that were delayed a whole season, so time will tell if they are willing to experiment again.

The last one sounds a little bit like Chiapas to me.

0657d1e9faa7521b02d196e6c293a21f.jpg&key=095d3203504aedf0ac5c733e7f5c6ec9c6bbdab14a2fb85a2e30245666bea330

From PhantaFriends.de

We have vertical construction!

The first support for F.L.Y. has been erected. You can see the top of it over this gate next to Maus au Chocolat. Two mobile cranes are on site.

It has also been commented on that the support looks a lot like those on the Vekoma prototype test set up at Vlodrop.

I was excited tobe planning on visiting this park in 2019 when Taron was announced with the bonus of Raik. Now these coaster is just icing on the cake. How far out should I plan on booking a room at Phantasialand? When do they start booking for the following year?

How great that they have already started construction!

It could be Vekoma track! But the prototype seems to be a powered coaster, and this is launched. Also, this looks an awful lot like the Vekoma Stingray track. So, I think its that ride, but with a launch, instead of a lift.

How great that they have already started construction!

It could be Vekoma track! But the prototype seems to be a powered coaster, and this is launched. Also, this looks an awful lot like the Vekoma Stingray track. So, I think its that ride, but with a launch, instead of a lift.

That's very possible, but it'll have to be at least 3X longer than the Stingray model in order to achieve the "longest flying coaster" record they promised!

A round of applause for Phantasialand, please! LOVE the pace!

Don't get too excited. It won't open until the festivities in July. It'll be complete and ready to go but it'll just sit there for a few months before actually opening.