TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

It was brought to my attention last year that Chiapas in the snow is a thing and it's now on my bucket list.

All around the world they laugh at us and our lack of amusement parks in cold weather! I have ridden Splash Mountain in the snow in Tokyo! (Along with a BUNCH of roller coasters) The German's are strong too! Europe in general...I mean the amount of speedos we saw in water parks in 65 degrees always amazes me!

Even on a 'dead day' because a powerful snowstorm caused severe disruption of the subways and most rides closed in the morning (even a parade cancellation) during it making most of the guests leave, this thing still had a 40 min line on a cold night in February once people started re-entering the park in the evening.

P1070013.thumb.jpg.ed87e0222837ddfeff80fe6c97652c02.jpg

For most of my rides on Splash this past weekend, I was alone in the back and didn't get more than a few splashes. On my one ride with a full log (I'd say everyone was in the 150-200 pound range), I also rode in the back and only got a few splashes. Grizzly got me far wetter.

However, the sacrificial lamb in row 1 came off drenched.

However, the sacrificial lamb in row 1 came off drenched.

Oh man, I love the single rider line and all, but when the ride op says I "got lucky" and to take row 1 I scream internally and pray my shoes are spared.

• 2 weeks later...
So, who is still in the 2019 camp?

With the new hotel as part of the new area, I am not too sure if it's going to be all ready for 2019. We'll see.

I was thinking the same thing. Are they going to wait to open the coaster until the hotel is done? They've done stranger things before!

Also, it *think* it is already a pretty cramped area with just the coster, so announcing a hotel is also part of the plan makes me also agree.

Do we know if they are allowed to build across the road right there? Or do we think the hotel use some of the back of house (BoH) area that was left? I am curious to see how they squeeze a hotel into the land with all the other buildings and BoH facilities!!

Also, it *think* it is already a pretty cramped area with just the coster, so announcing a hotel is also part of the plan makes me also agree.

Do we know if they are allowed to build across the road right there? Or do we think the hotel use some of the back of house (BoH) area that was left? I am curious to see how they squeeze a hotel into the land with all the other buildings and BoH facilities!!

They said, it will be "in the middle of the heart of Rookburgh". So, we have a coaster and a hotel in one area, giving day and night a meaning.

With the new hotel as part of the new area, I am not too sure if it's going to be all ready for 2019. We'll see.

I'm still in denial, mostly because I can't wait for 2020 to ride F.L.Y.

No I'm hoping on a 2020 season start opening now. I am however confused by the game-plan. I mean pictures of the construction site are a rarity and recently a new one was posted on the web (I will respect Phantasialand wishes and will not post these pictures here) but on those pictures there doesn't seem to be a lot of changes from the ones posted in September, other then the fact they might have started foundations of the hotel, a nice decorative wall and a track piece or 3 more. Even the giant wall separating Rookburgh and Wuze is still bare, however there might be some scaffolding on that end now. My point this construction seems very slow comparing it to Taron and Chiapas. But that can be because this area gets a hotel.

I'm still in denial, mostly because I can't wait for 2020 to ride F.L.Y.

Same.

• 3 weeks later...
So.. As the Wintertraum is now over and we are in the off season.. Any news or rumors about the demoliton that was mentioned some pages ago that will take place up from the end of January?

The Wintertraum isn't over yet. The last day of the winterseason will be on Sunday, January 20th.

So.. As the Wintertraum is now over and we are in the off season.. Any news or rumors about the demoliton that was mentioned some pages ago that will take place up from the end of January?

The Wintertraum isn't over yet. The last day of the winterseason will be on Sunday, January 20th.

Oh, I'm sorry.. Then I was wrong with my schedule.. Guess I'll have to ask again

• 1 month later...

Just booked our flights to Germany!! I can't believe I am finally going to get to experience this amazing park. I have literally only dreamed of visiting this park... I can't believe it's actually going to happen now!!!

Awesome video up above, here! The park is doing so much to build

great theming around it's attractions.... I love it all!

And ^ Have a great trip there! How many days have you planned for the park?

(just curious) Enjoy every moment you're there!

276420470_ResizeofK-06.jpg.c63fc4b6c2c84c3861a17b8695f441f6.jpg

TPR Europe Tour 2010-BC (Before Chiapas).

...Have a great trip there! How many days have you planned for the park?

Thanks!!

And sadly only one day... Our schedule doesn't allow for any more time there. But you best believe we will be there from open to close!!

^ Well, with the two tours (that included Phantasialand) I took with TPR, we usually arrived mid-afternoon (or later), had the park for the evening, and then we had the next day..... until we had to leave (bus) by late afternoon. That said, it's pretty much that one day you're spending there, as well, LOL!

So...you should be fine.

And Don't Forget Both Winjas!

1539748792_ResizeofK-02.jpg.041840f8f8d7c2640317cbc284c67712.jpg

There's a Winja! Same tour, 2010.

...Have a great trip there! How many days have you planned for the park?

Thanks!!

And sadly only one day... Our schedule doesn't allow for any more time there. But you best believe we will be there from open to close!!

Do you alread know when you will be over here? And are you planning for other parks?