TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 359: Iron Gwazi opens on March 11th, 2022!

Well, there goes all the "What will open before Iron Gwazi" jokes...it was fun while it lasted...

Glad it's finally opening, and I hope that this thing's rocky history is behind it... at this point, we for sure don't want any flying seatbacks on opening day!😜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swfan1988 said:

Well, there goes all the "What will open before Iron Gwazi" jokes...it was fun while it lasted...

Glad it's finally opening, and I hope that this thing's rocky history is behind it... at this point, we for sure don't want any flying seatbacks on opening day!😜

Now we can do "what will open before Tron"

• Haha 1

I'm still a little bitter about the Passport to Thrills thing. I've had my pass for like 4 years, didn't cancel during the pandemic when the parks clsoed, probably went to the Florida parks at least 12 times last year maybe more, went to HowlScreams at Seaworld, brought friends, spent a lot of money and all that, but since 3 of those visits weren't between September and December then I'm not eligible? Yeah, thanks. I mean I get it, it was a promotion to drive attendance at the end of the year and all but still. There's plenty of other preview days available so it's not that big of a deal, just kinda ticks me off a little (especially now knowing that it's on a weekend that I'm free and would probably go).

PSA: Anyone planning a trip from any significant distance should check the refurb schedule. For the first few preview days, Montu will be closed and Sheikra will be closed through the beginning of March. If you don't live nearby and don't feel the need to be first, it's really not the ideal time to visit (especially that first week with both Montu and Sheikra down).

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

PSA: Anyone planning a trip from any significant distance should check the refurb schedule. For the first few preview days, Montu will be closed and Sheikra will be closed through the beginning of March. If you don't live nearby and don't feel the need to be first, it's really not the ideal time to visit (especially that first week with both Montu and Sheikra down).

Yeah, theyre both closed when were in the area so we'll be skipping it this trip.

23 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Thanks for the "heads up" Bill. I was planning to go there for the Feb dates. With 2 of my favs closed, it's not worth it. You saved me a lot of disappointment and frustration. Now I'm sad...

On 1/20/2022 at 9:50 AM, jedimaster1227 said:

Iron Gwazi, North America’s tallest and the fastest and steepest hybrid coaster in the world

Which one is it, North America, or the World? Was it originally supposed to be in the world and due to delays was outclassed?

1 hour ago, caleb.stone said:

Which one is it, North America, or the World? Was it originally supposed to be in the world and due to delays was outclassed?

North America's tallest. World's fastest and steepest. 

I'm seeing posts on Twitter that they have repainted Montu (or freshened up the paint on Montu). . to a bright yellow on the supports instead of the light/faded cream/yellow it had.

so it looks like Goliath at SFFT now. . . hmmmmm

IMG_6427.JPG

17 minutes ago, bert425 said:

I'm seeing posts on Twitter that they have repainted Montu (or freshened up the paint on Montu). . to a bright yellow on the supports instead of the light/faded cream/yellow it had.

so it looks like Goliath at SFFT now. . . hmmmmm

IMG_6427.JPG

Hmmm, this had not been done as of Dec 21st when we were there; however, it was down that day. I had assumed technical since one of the trains was halfway up the lift hill all day but maybe they were getting ready to start painting? Cheetah hunt had JUST reopened a few days before and it was a month ago. I'm sure someone has been there more recently and can confirm.

2 hours ago, jarmor said:

I'm gonna ask again, Who TF is asking for these new colors lol.

I'm guessing management at the park is, I doubt they'd let someone out there to just start painting a coaster without some kind of approval first. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Apparently Cheetah Hunt got stuck at the top of the "tree" today. Photos going around social media if you know where to look.