TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coney Island (Luna Park / Deno's) Development Discussion Thread

Where do either of you see seatbelts? Maybe my eyes are just bad because I'm old.

There are two shoulder belts per seat in between the red lap restraint and the top of the seat back. They look like black backpack straps, similar to those found on that Shock Therapy suspended looping coaster in Australia.

Yes, I saw the shoulder strap and I saw the belt to secure the lap bar. But I don't see a seat belt. Maybe I'm just old school, but a seat belt goes across your lap.

Oh... My... The airtime on those return hills are AMAZING!!!! I can not wait to try this ride out!!! I also love how on the lift hill... if it E-Stops then train slowly returns to the bottom of the lift!! Takes away the need for an Evac on the lift!! That's awesome planning!!!

I don't mean to jinx anything but it almost looks like they'll have to trim it somewhere... the speed over those airtime hills, especially the second slightly shorter one, is insane. Is the testing all finished at this point?

Wow, the speed is just about PERFECT. Nice and aerial in the first part ; totally darn fast in the second.

if it E-Stops then train slowly returns to the bottom of the lift!! Takes away the need for an Evac on the lift!! That's awesome planning!!!

It's an awesome feature indeed, but you have to give Caesar his due: Gerstlauer came with it first on Smiler.

Even though I live about an hour and a half away I haven't paid much attention to this ride because of the manufcaturer and the park that's building it but I have to admit this ride looks great and after watching that video we'll definitely be making our way out there to ride it this summer.

Looks great! Seems to go through the loop really slow, should make for some good hangtime. On the flip it seems to haul ass through the back half of the course - especially over the airtime humps. Can't wait to ride this!

Gotta say that this thing looks pretty freaking sweet! As others have mentioned, the speed this thing travels through the second half with (and over the bunny hills) looks awesome!! We've yet to visit Coney Island/Luna Park, and we're pretty big NYC fans, so a visit may have to be in our future!

I'm quite impressed with how this ride turned out. Looks like floaty air time in the loop and zer-G and some good air time on the hills back to the station. Glad to see Zamperla build a bigger coaster compared to what their catalog offers at the moment.