TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I remember a couple of years ago thinking there would be no way Justice League would be completed in time and they somehow busted A$$ and got it done. Maybe barring anymore snow, and some intense overtime??

They're not going to bust their A$$ to be ready for a small event that they probably forgot they even put on the website (plus even if they did this thing wouldn't be ready).

I don't know the exact corporate structure but it's evident that there's no communication whatsoever between the web team and anyone else at the company. That's been evident for years. Everything posted (or not posted: they closed like 8 hours early on Saturday but you probably didn't know that because they didn't post it anywhere) on any Six Flags website or social media page should be taken with a grain of salt. Last year they wrote some big write-up in a web post / press release about how you'd be overcome with Holiday Magic or whatever while riding the drop tower during Holiday in the Park while park employees actually at the park were busy winterizing it and turning it into a giant Christmas tree with absolutely no intention of running it for the event whatsoever.

Enthusiasts need to stop operating under the assumption that Six Flags parks know or care what's on the website because they should know better by now. I know someone is reading this and preparing to write some response about why they should care and how it's bullsh*t that they don't care about the internet and social media in 2019 and I mean... yeah... but they don't, so deal with it.

To be fair, I never mentioned the ERT day and was referring to Memorial Day (which is usually the day Six Flags eyes as their target chain wide). I did preface by saying I think they will miss a Memorial Day opening by 1-2 weeks, just highlighting the irony of them completing the impossible in a crunch in the past.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

It doesn't seem that Six Flags has no intentions of rushing this ride. Why should they? It's free advertising for tickets later in the year. Since so many guests are already season pass holders I wouldn't think that Maxx Force not being open is going to keep them from coming to the park, spending money, and bringing guests during discount days. I personally see Six Flags as being the 'Walmart of Parks,' to an extent and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. It works for Six Flags and I'm glad they're doing well due to the current business strategy. Maxx Force will eventually open. It just may take a while. I wouldn't hang my hopes on every pile of dirt being moved that it will be open by the end of May.

I personally see Six Flags as being the 'Walmart of Parks,' to an extent

I'm with you on this. I've said that same thing. Hey, it seems to be working for both though, so....

I just hope it's ready to go by my trip June 16th...

You've had pretty good luck so far. Copperhead worked out for you. Hopefully this will too.

I just hope it's ready to go by my trip June 16th...

You've had pretty good luck so far. Copperhead worked out for you. Hopefully this will too.

Fingers crossed but I'm not too worried either way since I'm flexible with this trip lol

Just drove by the park and it looks impressive from the highway, but you've got to know to look for it among the crowded skyline.

I haven't been in the area in a while and yeah, it takes over an hour to drive there from my apartment north of the city. If you had any traffic it'd easily take 90-120 minutes from the city.

So I just saw a Maxx Force construction update on SFGAmWorld and the coaster is close to being finished. The forth inversion seems to be the last part of the track work and it sounds like that should be done tomorrow.

I think were looking at a first or second weekend in June opening. I’m actually not going to count out a Memorial Day weekend opening either but that’s very slim at this point.

We drove by just before 7 tonight, and they were placing the second to last piece of track on the finale! Track is almost complete!

They've really been cranking this week to get 'er done

yeah I know, they were next to each other when I clicked on the threads on my phone in my stupor this morning.

I've been to SFGAm. Good park. Raging Bull is criminally underrated and Whizzer is a beautiful ride (RIP Zambezi Zinger).

Years ago I would have never imagined we would be building coasters that start braking at 90 (or more?) degrees and waste such fun-looking moments... not to mention potential of a 2nd half. Sighs... at least they will have a new record, which is very important to six flags. There were some construction pics posted from Sky Trek tower and it looks like Six Flags still enjoys building their standard longest possible walk back to the midway exit. Gotta keep them guests busy!

I'm sure it will be fun though. I'm mostly eager for Whizzer to re-open!