TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

To all you complaining... it's something. It's a kickass launch and many other elements to follow. Once we see it start to test we'll probably love it. Would you rather have it just go up and down like Kingda Ka or Dragster?

Honestly, it's hard to understand why the park would put SO MUCH MONEY into a new coaster then cut the circuit short when they could easily make this another 1000 feet long with an airtime hill and helix and be on par with Cedar Fair's newer attractions. I felt the same way about Fulll Throttle at SFMM. Six Flags' newer attractions just seem to be cut a bit shorter, and I think it affects the overall experience.

That time you could be doing just *a little bit more* you're sitting on a brake run in the sun waiting for the 2nd train to dispatch.

Honestly, it's hard to understand why the park would put SO MUCH MONEY into a new coaster then cut the circuit short when they could easily make this another 1000 feet long with an airtime hill and helix and be on par with Cedar Fair's newer attractions. I felt the same way about Fulll Throttle at SFMM. Six Flags' newer attractions just seem to be cut a bit shorter, and I think it affects the overall experience.

That time you could be doing just *a little bit more* you're sitting on a brake run in the sun waiting for the 2nd train to dispatch.

Half coasters still bring in crowds at half the cost

they could easily make this another 1000 feet long with an airtime hill and helix and be on par with Cedar Fair's newer attractions.

Money doesn't always come easy.

Take it for what it's worth, but these shorter length roller coasters allow for all parks to receive new additions under Six Flags' current budget.

I'm just excited to see Six Flags build unique, custom, ground-up roller coasters this year (WCR and Maxx Force) after several years of cookie-cutter Joker clones, Justice Leagues, and Giant Discoveries with a couple RMCs thrown in the mix.

Sure it's short, but it boasts an intense launch and FIVE inversions in such a short amount of track. This does way more with it's track length than Full Throttle does, in my opinion.

Also I'm obviously not an expert on this, but I suspect that adding significant additional length to Maxx Force may not be as inexpensive as you make it out to be.

Goliath also seems like it was built to have a 2nd half... instead of swerving up and to the right into the brakes at 70mph it seems like they meant for there to be a lot more left. Everything at this park is so short! Goliath and then Joker and now this... it's the land of waiting in long lines for 15 seconds of fun.

Sure it's short, but it boasts an intense launch and FIVE inversions in such a short amount of track. This does way more with it's track length than YOLOcoaster does, in my opinion.

This is exciting. Can't wait to ride this, probably next year.

Look how short a launched coaster like Mr. Freeze is and how good of a ride it produces. This will be great.

Clearly these aren't the days of SF building Raging Bull sized coasters.

If you want to whine about Maxx so damn much we'd KILL for that ride in STL.

Yep. We're starving right there with Worlds of Fun. Send it to us.

The two giant inversions are both double inversions, where the train inverts, then rolls back right-side-up, before going back upsidedown and completing the element.

So the trains for Maxx Force have finally arrived this past week so hopefully testing can start soon. I also finally got to see the coaster in person over the weekend. Whizzer is open now as well.

Calling the first and last inversions "2 inversions" is a biiiiit of a stretch but hey, it's a 10 second ride let Six Flags have their marketing I guess. We call all the weird inversions and inverted turns that RMC creates single elements.