TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m so ready for these totally arbitrary and nonsensical covid rules to be over.  So a waterpark with no masks was fine all summer but they can’t run a coaster Or a Scrambler with a bunch of empt

This is life in Illinois. We're everything that's wrong with California, without the view.

Posted Images

Construction Update for Maxx Force, the structure for the two inversions are going up quick but not quick enough

Not quick enough for what? What were you expecting?

I was looking at a picture of the ride and it seems there might be brake brackets on the dive into the station - but over 90 degrees. Geez, they'd have YOLO coaster beat on steepness of brakes. "First coaster with brakes while still upside-down."

Drove past the park yesterday, the ride isn't very attractive. I suppose black and white paint is the cheapest.

5 minutes if you count sitting in brakes

Sorry, had to. (In reality, I think Six Flags is aware of it's efficiency history and has been doing something about it, especially Great America.) I'm sure it will be a fun ride!

Think of the view we'll get of Whizzer.

^ Haha. True.

Drove past the park yesterday, the ride isn't very attractive. I suppose black and white paint is the cheapest.

Can't be any worse than Steel Curtain. Two words: Mustard Yellow.

^ Haha. True.

Can't be any worse than Steel Curtain. Two words: Mustard Yellow.

Actually... I love what that ride looks like. It's very Pittsburgh. But it would suck if we all agreed.

"First coaster with brakes while still upside-down."

See many, many earlier S&S models: El Loco, Literally every screamin' squirrel.

Forgot about those, good point!

You don't seriously think that would stop Six Flags from advertising that, do you?

Great reminder. With SF anything is game haha. "Cleanest theme park in the country." "Best waterpark in the country." They had those spring-signs on the midways advertising that a few years ago. And then ads in front of every urinal.

There is a strange and wonderful serenity to go to places like Holiday World and staring at a blank wall while I pee. Such needed tranquility in a private moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody ever stay at the La Quinta right by the park? Looking into staying there since it's the only hotel I've found near the park that allows people under the age of 21 to check in.

I've stayed there back in 2015 while visiting. Totally recommend it since it's conveniently close to the park.

It does look like an epic ride. Been lucky to have gotten on Hypersonic and that launch was something else. Since this is basically the same, that will be a helluva ride, I imagine it'll be forceful and have ejector on that hop, but damn so short. Gunna hold off on getting there this year, will wait for the reviews